• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I paid £205 for 2oz of silver 😳

Hello all,

What are your thoughts on these types of coins? 💭 

Waste of money or good investment?

I look at it like buying a painting 🖼 You are paying for the work of art & not just the silver content.

I actually discovered powercoin through one of @BackyardBullion’s YouTube videos. So thank you for that 🤝 

A lot of us paid £200 for a royal mint coin that has 2000 mintage this week 😛

I love the aztec and mayan stuff - this is beautiful. 
Interesting and very fundamentally espterical too if you believe in that stuff. 
There is a reason the all seeing eye is on the dollar - for example. 

OHH! Polish mint. I am going to Poland in 2 weeks, can bring it back in hand luggage. 😛
,y question is will this be worth more in 10 years and will i be able to sell it? 
Judging by the aztec yes probably. 

Edited by Stacktastic

30 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

I look at it like buying a painting 🖼 You are paying for the work of art & not just the silver content.

I'm sure that's just what they say about Hunter Biden!

41 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

There are some fantastic coins on that website thanks for sharing. 
I want that mechanical Bee!! Spent £3000 this week though. :( 

https://www.powercoin.it/en/power-coin/4849-mechanical-bee-clockwork-evolution-3-oz-silver-coin-2000-togrog-mongolia-2020.html 

I could literally spend hours on that website looking at coins, so many to choose from!

I’m actually still waiting for 2 coins now that FedEx lost in the post!

@PowerCoin are in the process of sorting it now though. 

Here are some of the other coins I ordered from there also..

What’s your favourite??

2 hours ago, Mothballjim said:

Hello all,

I actually discovered powercoin through one of @BackyardBullion’s YouTube videos. So thank you for that 🤝 

I've looked at power coin a few times and thought some are great some are naff... my opinion on this one???? jeez where do i start? do I just go straight for the peanut butter now??

I LOVE IT!

was the £200 including all charges, shipping etc? 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 hours ago, Mothballjim said:

Hello all,

These coins are amazing. But are only for joy of your soul and eyes. 

Are waste of money? Definitely no! Are another type of art. If you like to collect them and you can afford to pay a big premium for is great and I'm happy for you.

Are a good investment? Definitely no! Will be difficult to find another buyer willing to pay for them. The market is very restrictive for art coins.

For example, a Mechanical Bee 3oz is @£500 brand new. From September 13 is one for sale on forum for £395 + post and is still unsold, even is in as new condition. For sure, the seller has received already a lot of ridiculous offers via PM, but nobody serious enough to pay the asking price.

A limited mintage / rare coin is more a Catch 22. If you want to buy are expensive, if you want to sell are cheap. If you've paid already, it is your own trap.

All the best!

Stefan.

• 11 months later...

I've purchased a few coins in the past from PowerCoin. Truly a vast range available on that website and some of the designs are really beautiful. I've never been a fan of coloured/enamelled coins or ones with gemstones but there are 1 or 2 out there that have been done very well. The way I see it:  if you like it and you can buy it then why not? More importantly, if it puts a smile on your face then it doesn't really matter how others may view that puchase as right or wrong. 🙂

56 minutes ago, Groundup said:

Power coins business model is based on... ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE... and yes that includes me.. then I wised up... 

Get a reasonable stack first before committing to high premium collectables...

100% agree, I actually said that in the video above as advise for newer stackers. Build your foundation first, before buying premium items