• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014.ย Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topicย posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :)ย happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads.ย 

A mouse infestation led me to find gold in my house ๐Ÿ

365DaysofSilver

Hello all,

Over a year ago before I started collecting/stacking precious metals, I had a mouse infestation in my kitchen ๐Ÿ

I decided to film the process of me removing them, to help others if they everย found themselves in a similar situation. It was a very stressful time & to keep finding mice droppings all around your kitchen, along with things being chewed up, isnโ€™t a very nice experience.ย 

However, I finally managed to catch & removeย them all!

Before putting the dishwasher back in itโ€™s place, I did one final check to make sure they were all gone๐Ÿ•ต๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
This is when I found a gold coin hidden under my sink!

At the time I knew nothing about gold or silver but when I uploaded the video to YouTube, people in the comments section helped me identify it, it was a half sovereign!

After this experience itโ€™s really made me want to get myself a metal detector, as it was such a buzz when I found it!

Does anyone on here go metal detecting and is it actually as fun as it sounds, or do you just spend hours digging up old coke can ring pulls??

(Below is the video if you areย interested in watching it)

ย 

ย 

Great video and amazing about the coin... when we moved into our house and removed the carpet... we found twenty pounds notes under the carpet. The old lady must've thought it was a good place to hide money. Maybe the same in your case as well.

Tip on plugged holes that mice can get in (they can get through the smallest of gaps) we got wire wool and put that in in and all gaps... they don't chew that ๐Ÿ™‚

16 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Great video and amazing about the coin... when we moved into our house and removed the carpet... we found twenty pounds notes under the carpet. The old lady must've thought it was a good place to hide money. Maybe the same in your case as well.

Tip on plugged holes that mice can get in (they can get through the smallest of gaps) we got wire wool and put that in in and all gaps... they don't chew that ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice surprise, hopefully it was enough to pay for the new carpets ๐Ÿคฉ

I used to hoard money until I learned about inflation!ย 

Also great idea with the wire wool, I didnโ€™t think of that ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

Edited by Mothballjim

Great video @Mothballjimย bit of advice from an ex military man on personal security. I would try and edit out your car and yourself in the video, espically if you now stack. Recently a silver forum member was recently robbed, not saying it was bad security via social media but. Security isnt dirty word black adder. criminals love facebook and youtube for gather intelligence on things like people and cars. Just looking out for you buddy!ย 

Best bullyย ๐Ÿฎ

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. Theyโ€™re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, youโ€™re never going to get a valid answer.โ€ - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.
ย 
If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this linkย https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454
ย 

On 11/10/2021 at 19:28, HerefordBullyun said:

Great video @Mothballjimย bit of advice from an ex military man on personal security. I would try and edit out your car and yourself in the video, espically if you now stack. Recently a silver forum member was recently robbed, not saying it was bad security via social media but. Security isnt dirty word black adder. criminals love facebook and youtube for gather intelligence on things like people and cars. Just looking out for you buddy!ย 

Best bullyย ๐Ÿฎ

Cool thread OP, nice to see an annoying situation turn happy (I had the same issue with mice, all I found was the previous resident's lost toys and a few pennies). This advice above is golden. It also helps to store your stuff at a separate, never discussed location just in case. Preferably with automated large-calibre machine gun turrets and a sassy AI controlling the lock.

On 11/10/2021 at 19:28, HerefordBullyun said:

Best bullyย ๐Ÿฎ

Appreciate the heads up bully ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

22 hours ago, Liam84 said:

Cool thread OP, nice to see an annoying situation turn happy (I had the same issue with mice, all I found was the previous resident's lost toys and a few pennies). This advice above is golden. It also helps to store your stuff at a separate, never discussed location just in case. Preferably with automated large-calibre machine gun turrets and a sassy AI controlling the lock.

Gutted you only found old toys & pennies, keep searching. You never know! A mate of mine has lived in the same house for 10 years and onlyย just found a safe in the wall hidden behind a layer of wallpaper in a cupboard. ย 

It is great advice, I now store my entire stack at a different location from where I live. (Apart from the ones I buried in the garden ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Edited by Mothballjim

1 hour ago, Mothballjim said:

Appreciate the heads up bully ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

not for me mate, but for you. Im a urine taker, but also a gentleman.ย  I know an honest working man.ย  ย 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. Theyโ€™re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, youโ€™re never going to get a valid answer.โ€ - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.
ย 
If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this linkย https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454
ย