• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Selling my modest stack

Atomic47

Thinking of selling my stack, I would sell for face value minus 10% ,  NOT spot. So the asking price is for the coins before VAT has been added then minus 10%
I'd sell it as one lump, at the moment I'm not prepared to split.

Im new here so collection only.  Im near Dorking/Reigate 

1/10 oz Gold Britannia's  QTY 3                                        = £459
1G Gold bars QTY 2                                                           = £122

1 oz Britannia's with new security hologram QTY 13      = £300
1 oz Britannia QTY 2                                                          =£44

1 oz Silver eagle QTY 1                                                       = £33
1 oz Maple QTY 1                                                                =£28
1 oz Royal Philharmonic QTY 2                                          =£50
1 oz RM Tower bridge QTY1                                               =£22
1 oz RM Big Ben QTY1                                                         =£22
1 oz  RM Year of the pig QTY 1                                           =£22
1 oz RM Trafalgar square QTY1                                          =£22

2 oz Queens Beast Completer QTY 1                                  =£64
2 oz  Lion of Mortimer QTY 1                                              =£62
2 oz Greyhound  QTY 1                                                         =£60

10 oz Royal Arms  QTY 1
Waggle room on price with this as I cut some flash off the edge.     was £233 but lets talk

100 G  Bar RM (loose) QTY 2                                             =£180

250G Umicore Bar  (loose)  QTY 1                                     =£194

All in capsules apart from the 3 silver bars which are loose.

£1917 pre VAT minus 10%  selling the lot @ £1725

Does that seem fair ? I just cant be arsed with going through the hassle of individual sales on ebay or wherever. 

Fire over a PM if interested and we can chat 

you might also be in a better position to sell if you allow posting instead of collection only as its the buyer who takes the risk with postage. All you are doing is providing your account details or paypal details

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Sorry yes, thats confusing. Face value is wrongly worded, its the price they are currently selling for before the VAT. Im then knocking a further 10% off that total 

@silverman2u  The deal is face to face 

@gordy The sale is for face to face collection only as stated.  As ive neve sold before the buyer comes to me and satisfies themselves that everything is A-OK

What I dont want to happen is some toe rag trying to bend me over saying im selling fake stuff. Too old for being messed about by people i dont know

All or nothing, buyer comes to me, satisfies themselves everything is OK, we make a deal, buyer drives off happy. 

DSC_0801.JPG

2 hours ago, Atomic47 said:

Im new here so collection only.  Im near Dorking/Reigate 

Restricts sales somewhat, but I guess someone might have the time and inclination to travel. 

2 hours ago, Atomic47 said:

I just cant be arsed with going through the hassle of individual sales on ebay or wherever. 

Fair enough- but be prepared to take a haircut on a bulk buy.

‘Can’t be arsed’- at times it is a pain selling individually but in my experience, making sales has led to lasting friendships and people going out of their way to be helpful down the line.

15 minutes ago, Atomic47 said:

What I dont want to happen is some toe rag trying to bend me over saying im selling fake stuff.

Thanks for the feedback and collective sentiment toward the wider forum membership.

18 minutes ago, Atomic47 said:

All or nothing, buyer comes to me, satisfies themselves everything is OK, we make a deal, buyer drives off happy. 

Good luck with the sale.  But usually there’s little risk involved in terms of someone distance selling- you get the money up front and post later.

For a belt and braces approach there’s always the opportunity to make the sale(s) through an intermediary such as through @BackyardBullion’s service. 

I would be happy to help, but I would not be happy to meet. 

Face to Face meetings for bullion purchases are often not a wise course of action, especially for brand new members with no history/trading feedback on the forum so you might struggle with getting a willing buyer.

If I can be of help, let me know!

I have just taken delivery of a Sigma Pro too, another string to the intermediary services bow!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

31 minutes ago, Atomic47 said:

What I dont want to happen is some toe rag trying to bend me over saying im selling fake stuff. Too old for being messed about by people i dont know

If you price things correctly and get interest then you as the seller have the final say over who you sell too. 

I have never heard of any established members of this forum (or brand new ones for that matter) that would try something like this. 

If you are concerned over a brand new buyer doing this then it works both ways remember, you are a brand new seller!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, Atomic47 said:

Sorry yes, thats confusing. Face value is wrongly worded, its the price they are currently selling for before the VAT.

maybe consider using the reference, dealer price or market price?

(face value is the figure that is minted/(recognised as) on the face of the coin)

HH

2 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

A 1/10 gold brit will have a face value of £10, so -10% would be £9 each, where exactly in Dorking?

I can be there in around 6 hours.

Hahaha, at them prices I will get a flight lol.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 hours ago, Atomic47 said:

Sorry yes, thats confusing. Face value is wrongly worded, its the price they are currently selling for before the VAT. Im then knocking a further 10% off that total 

@silverman2u  The deal is face to face 

@gordy The sale is for face to face collection only as stated.  As ive neve sold before the buyer comes to me and satisfies themselves that everything is A-OK

DSC_0801.JPG

Hey mate. It’s usually ok to send by post. U won’t have a problem. Just send it special delivery 

Archived