• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What silver bullion would make a good wedding gift

3 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Im going in a couple of weeks, I will let you know. 

buy it so we can see it close up 😂

Just now, MuddyOfCoventry said:

Does anyone know if there's a 10 ounce Queen's beast completers coin released? Because that would be one mighty gift.

there is a kilo one.... awesome... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Make sure they will appreciate what they get & dont use it as a door stop, or leave it around on the coffee table 
- buy them a Mike Baloney DVD with it or Kiosaki's book FAKE but I doubt they will watch it and if they do they wont get it... ;)

I have given my sister a few bits and I am sure they are relocated to a cupboard somewhere. 
Her name is Victoria so have bought here a few crowns. I almost gave her a SOV. LOL. 

I vote a 10oz completer - its pretty and connected to British hereditary. 
What about gold? Thats usually associated with weddings, but a 1/4 oz looks pants. 
I like the 10oz lion & Yale personally - i have several, but the diameters are a bit dodgy on the lion/griffin. 

Edited by Stacktastic

3 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Make sure they will appreciate what they get & dont use it as a door stop, or leave it around on the coffee table 
- buy them a Mile Bloney DVD with it or Kiosaki's book FAKE.. ;)

I vote a 5oz completer - its pretty and connected to British hereditary. 

do they do a 5oz completer? 

Just now, Gordy said:

in bullion?

5 minutes ago, Gordy said:

in bullion?

No idea. I assumed they would but its usually 6 months or a year behind the rest so I doubt it. 
Sorry. 

Have you thought about a whole QB set as I got one for £650 last week minus completer.  :)

Just now, Stacktastic said:

No idea. I assumed they would but its usually 6 months or a year behind the rest so I doubt it. 
Sorry. 

Have you thought about a whole QB set as I got one for £650 last week minus completer.  :)

could get him half a set then he'll be hooked like the rest of us and feel the need!!!! 😂

I think it has to be something for the house, for the pair of them. Non coin related because if your honest with yourself, how many people around you are actually interested in what you collect? If you end up getting a 10oz completer or any gold then you know what will happen. 

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

Sorry. 

I was considering, but I think I'll be tempted to get it for myself since even I don't have any of them

22 hours ago, Gordy said:

Silver bullion coin? I would go for a 2oz Completer... or something relevant to him and what he likes... there are loads of options... or if i was to chose a bar it would have to be a Una and the Lion Bar or the 2021 Royal Australian Mint year of the OX (year of his wedding) ... Just my opinion mind, others will differ 

I agree..Great choice for a gift...but as its coming up to Christmas...faster than we know..the una and the lion..gold plated Christmas decoration would make a lovely gift..something different,and can be used for years to come.....,every Christmas 🎄

11 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

For me i would get a sovereign or a gold coin on the date of your mates birth year 

Gold is timeless, silver is silver 

Or this year if the wedding is this year and frame it with their names and the wedding date (important). Trust me, you mate will thank you every year 😉

I thing for non stackers or collectors it would need to be an art piece. A simple bullion piece or collectors coin will not be grasped.

I would look for a piece of silverware, which would merge a traditional gift with silver - those are not cheap however 😬

Here is a nice offering from the Perth Mint. It is a 1oz silver proof. Not sure if any UK dealer will have one in stock. But it is available from LPM in HK.

https://www.lpm.hk/en/collectibles/perth-mint/view-all-perth-mint-collectibles/2021-1-oz-australia-one-love-9999-silver-proof-coin.html

20211009_164223.jpg

To the OP Please feel free to DM me the un PC answer, 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Here is a nice offering from the Perth Mint. It is a 1oz silver proof. Not sure if any UK dealer will have one in stock. But it is available from LPM in HK.

https://www.lpm.hk/en/collectibles/perth-mint/view-all-perth-mint-collectibles/2021-1-oz-australia-one-love-9999-silver-proof-coin.html

20211009_164223.jpg

That's a good contender, I think the Perth mint has some.

17 hours ago, MuddyOfCoventry said:

Any more suggestions? I think I'll be making a decision on Tuesday so if anyone else has any good ideas please share, all ideas are appreciated.

Yes actually I discoed this today - its stunning & in budget - plus the bride will love it or any similar coins they produce. 

I cant see how this work of art will not accrue in value tbh. 

But somehting from this page might be more appropriate. https://www.powercoin.it/en/114-love-feelings-emotions 
https://www.powercoin.it/en/291-wedding-engagement-love 

29444_Clockwork-Evolution-Mechanical-Bee_r-2.jpg

Edited by Stacktastic

34 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

now that made me chuckle.... i spurting my beer down my t-shirt

37 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

I think it would have to be engraved with bride and grooms names - give it that personal touch!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454