• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

Here’s another tip about the queuing system…

For the 2022 Sovereign, I opened a regular tab and an incognito tab on my computer. I had different queue numbers in both tabs even though I opened them at almost the same time and in the same browser.

I think the queue numbers are generated randomly when the “waiting page” automatically refreshes and plonks you in the queue.

The biggest caution is to NOT refresh the page once you are in the queue, as you are then guaranteed to lose your spot and get sent further back.

39 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I've been trying not to get too excited over these because they are going to be super low mintage, every man and his dog wants one and I've spent a lot on the sovereigns so trying to keep a lid on it. I don't think the lid will stay on in the morning 🤣

Yeah I definitely am feeling a little bipolar today.

I think it was almost a certainty this would be the last of the William Wyon designs, since after 3 designs, and being a series about engravers (plural), they’d most likely move on to another engraver. Of course they could always return to WW again, who knows. He’d done a fair bit of work.

Once the second Gothic Crown coin is out, it’ll be fun to return to speculating who the next engraver will be for the 2022 coin. Right now everyone’s palpitations are reserved for the Gothic Crown. 😅

9 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I think it was almost a certainty this would be the last of the William Wyon designs, since after 3 designs, and being a series about engravers (plural), they’d most likely move on to another engraver. Of course they could always return to WW again, who knows. He’d done a fair bit of work.

Once the second Gothic Crown coin is out, it’ll be fun to return to speculating who the next engraver will be for the 2022 coin. Right now everyone’s palpitations are reserved for the Gothic Crown. 😅

I'm new to all of this so I would have no clue at all as to who the greatest engravers would be. I've never even heard of this one. One thing is for sure though..... Since there's been a huge spike in interest in gold and silver and in turn coins in general as a part of that, it's giving a lot of us a  history lesson along the way. 

13 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I'm new to all of this so I would have no clue at all as to who the greatest engravers would be. I've never even heard of this one. One thing is for sure though..... Since there's been a huge spike in interest in gold and silver and in turn coins in general as a part of that, it's giving a lot of us a  history lesson along the way. 

Yeah I agree. It’s really nice to revisit numismatic history and learn along the way even if one can’t get the coins themselves. 🙂

33 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Thanks for this information.

Looks like they haven’t distinguished between the mintages of the plain and grained edges. In fact, they haven’t even mentioned anything about these variations.

Meanwhile, this caught my breath…

“The mint will also offer special sets, which will contain one of each issue, along with an original 1847 coin. Honestly, if you can afford it, that will be a coin collector’s dream. A fine release, but one that many simply won’t be able to own, and that’s a shame.”

It’s Great Engravers Day 2021!

It’s the new annual event to end the year with - besides Sovereign Day.

Also known as Manic Monday!

I’ve been here all alone, all day, waiting for you Brits and Euros to awaken. It’s about time! I need an anxiety buddy.

Edited by westminstrel

Phone charged... check

laptop charged ...check

funds available ...check

Caffeine............... check

Sent 50th begging email to account manger........ check

Pray to every god......check

wear lucky underpants....check 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave
typo