• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

7 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Do you know of anyone who wants to buy a kidney or liver..only way I'm going to afford them...🙄🙄😄 or I could stand on the street corner but don't think I'll get much..

You never know, flutter those eyelashes, you might be onto a winner....

Edited by Foster88

6 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

So from today until whenever they release the coins..everyone is going to be selling their souls..family members and their bodies ,preparing for that Monday morning mayhem...🤣🤣 God bless us,everyone.....

That's if you’re lucky. I was ‘invited’ to be emailed by RM on the release of The Three Graces.

On the day, nothing. I saw that they’d been released that afternoon through this great forum and obviously they’d all sold out.

16 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I was scouring the Gazette and came upon these details.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3892788

Gold Proof

- 10 kg

- 5 kg

- 1 kg

- 5 oz

- 2 oz 

- 10 oz piedfort (this is a new variation!)

Silver Proof

- 2 kg

- 1 kg

- 5 oz

- 2 oz

- 10 oz piedfort (this is a new variation!)

Design

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 5 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse either:

(a) a portrait of Queen Victoria accompanied by the inscription “VICTORIA DEI GRATIA BRITANNIAR : REG : F : D ·”; or

(b) a depiction of the crowned shields of England, Scotland and Ireland accompanied by the inscription “TUEATUR UNITA DEUS ANNO DOM” accompanied by the date of the year in Roman numerals.

The coin shall have a grained edge.

And so the panic begins 🤮

^^ Seconded, that's stuff of nightmares and traumatising! 🙀😅😂

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• westminstrel changed the title to Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information
8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Can I suggest that the @westminstrelchanges the title to this thread? I keep thinking they have just received the set with a details grade!!! Maybe ‘information’ better!! 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

^^ Seconded, that's stuff of nightmares and traumatising! 🙀😅😂

All done my friends.  I didn’t intend to traumatise y’all. ☺️

On 02/10/2021 at 03:12, Foster88 said:

That's if you’re lucky. I was ‘invited’ to be emailed by RM on the release of The Three Graces.

On the day, nothing. I saw that they’d been released that afternoon through this great forum and obviously they’d all sold out.

I know..happened to me..registered my interest and no notification. Although I have had notifications in the past, guess its the luck of the draw! 🙄

8 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I know..happened to me..registered my interest and no notification. Although I have had notifications in the past, guess its the luck of the draw! 🙄

They are normally quite good at notifying people - two hours after a coin has sold out!

• 2 weeks later...

Im a bit confused, this is the next coin of the Great Engraver series isn't it? The way I read the proclamation the next release will be one or the other of two designs described.🤔

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

On 20/10/2021 at 09:56, ArgentSmith said:

Im a bit confused, this is the next coin of the Great Engraver series isn't it? The way I read the proclamation the next release will be one or the other of two designs described.🤔

It is both designs - one will have the QV Gothic Crown portrait on the reverse and the QEII effigy on the obverse, while the other will have the shield design on the reverse and the QEII effigy on the obverse.

They’ve just written the proclamation with the obverse described once.  It is common practice I’ve seen them use when the obverse is same and the reverses differ for the same range or series of coins.  They use the “or” but I thing that is to avoid it reading like the reverse will have more than one design on the same coin. 

On 19/10/2021 at 23:56, ArgentSmith said:

As @westminstrel has said, it’s both. Look at the release from Alderney:

image.thumb.jpg.48929af8c5bfd4226e1f26f321abace3.jpg