• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 hours ago, SilverDrum said:

Just leave my special delivery on the doorstep, unsigned for....got my Gothic Crown!

Gothic.thumb.jpg.3961f6581516f3996e9014d56955a6d7.jpg

That's a sackable offense I think, special delivery has very very strict rules. Should never have been left like that. The postie may be new though. 

I am saying this now, these Gothic's will reach all time numismatic highs! It's the finish the phots does not do these justice Ill do a video on today i received. These as a pair will be off the chart.  Anyone who flips these now will be gutted come around June 2022 when the 2nd coins are coming  back from grading. 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

2 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Same. Coin looks ok thankfully. The lid was only partially on with coin not sitting flush. They’re not very good caps imo. Fiddly and annoying to try to open/close

Not sure which caps they are, but if they are the screw type, I place them between two palms, press tight, and twist my palms. Not sure if that makes sense, or if it's the same caps, but that's my preferred way of opening them. Less risk of anything going wrong imo

Incredible highs and lows today it seems. The coins look great so far. A few issues but nothing unexpected, however disappointing. All will be resolved. Trust me. I have returned many coins and received good second issues. Patience is key and as long as you are not selling, should be fine as the main thing is having a good coin for the long term.

Mine are all still pending! January, I believe!

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I am saying this now, these Gothic's will reach all time numismatic highs! It's the finish the phots does not do these justice Ill do a video on today i received. These as a pair will be off the chart.  Anyone who flips these now will be gutted come around June 2022 when the 2nd coins are coming  back from grading. 

If you are ever down south and want to let me film with your 5 Oz....

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

What if RM splitting the coin designs in two becomes a recurring theme through the remainder of the series… 

It would give them perfect opportunity to release two coins per year from now on, and maximise their returns in the process.

Not saying it’s a bad thing either. We get more releases. But maybe wear thin if they overdo it? 

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

What if RM splitting the coin designs in two becomes a recurring theme through the remainder of the series… 

It would give them perfect opportunity to release two coins per year from now on, and maximise their returns in the process.

Not saying it’s a bad thing either. We get more releases. But maybe wear thin if they overdo it? 

This is specific to the Gothic Crown as the obverse and reverse are so important. It would unlikely happen on Simon’s Petition/Reddite Crown or any of Merlon’s pieces. 

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Not sure which caps they are, but if they are the screw type, I place them between two palms, press tight, and twist my palms. Not sure if that makes sense, or if it's the same caps, but that's my preferred way of opening them. Less risk of anything going wrong imo

They’re the usual short threaded ones if that makes sense… like a little block thread…

I never get on well with them

10 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Outrageously beautiful. The Una was special but this is another level (in my humble opinion!). What a coin!

I'm not quite sure how I managed this but - 2 silver 2oz quartered arms arrived today.

because £520 had gone out I thought, I's paid for one, and the portrait, when it comes out

I also seem have the portait in my orders section and presumably money will go out when it comes out

anyone want a 'spare'!

I didn't think you could order 2 of the same of anything.

could people order 2 gold coins - and that is why they all had vanished? I was 176th in the queue.

4 hours ago, Jeffers46 said:

Mine has arrived!

568D381F-4C56-42B9-ABC0-C0E5DF07D51E.jpeg

Looks like there's a little ding underneath the right side of lion shield - my 2oz silver has a similar looking ding in the same spot (unfortunately I don't have a decent enough camera to take a pic). My coa number is 1995 - what's yours?

1 minute ago, whitesands1 said:

If you can find a special moment, the brochure with the coin is one of the most informative points of interest about a coin and the designer I have ever read.  The Gothic Crown is an exceptional package from the Royal Mint.  My example will always be treasured.

Fully Agree, I will be keeping mine long term. 

Just now, BarryWoods said:

no idea!  offers? - might just keep it.. 

it just arrived, haven't thought about it properly

You flipper you😁

Only messing I've one coming so I'm good but if you want your rrp back let me know🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip