• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

18 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Had a surprise from the postman today!! Havnt ordered anything so was shocked to see that it was a box from the RM a Seymour Panther? I've an idea who it's from,will find out later. I had no intention of purchasing this or the series but now  in-hand it's beautiful.. well I'm now hooked..it is a very nice coin. Was hesitant on opening it up as was thinking..(Milkspots,scratches etc) I've had the coin out of the capsule with cotton gloves and cannot see anything..apart from what looks like a smudge on the reverse at the left of the 2022.

Won't be sending it back as 1. It's a present and 2. Don't want to risk getting a replacement that is in worse condition.

Anyway very happy with it so looks like I'm going to be going for the full series..

image.jpg

20211016_145036.jpg

image.jpg

Well ain't you the lucky one lol. Welcome aboard, in hand it's a beauty of a coin. 

2 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

I found this when I went to look at the RM website. It's not the same thing I know but do they mean a pair of the same coins? 

I suppose this exactly the same thing as at LPM website. Haven't seen it before at RM, thanks

Ordered the 1oz silver yesterday, arrived today. No sign of spotting (but my eyesight is pretty poor) and it is a lovely design. Bit weird going on the RM site in that the green pop up bar allowed you to order when there was no indication of any in stock...so took the gamble and pleasantly surprised to say the least when I was allowed to order. 

8 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

I found this when I went to look at the RM website. It's not the same thing I know but do they mean a pair of the same coins? 

Screenshot_2021-10-16-14-00-51-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Ok RM are definitely milking this series. Yet another variation of the same coin in such a short space of time and this being the debut first coin as well!

Mintage is low so I'm sure it will be a must have for many! Good chance for those that missed out on the previous limited edition coins to grab this one.

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

Seems they have most silvers and all the golds in stock again to order. Should I be surprised these haven't sold out?

I rang RM last week about one of my 2 0z coins and they said they only manufactured half the mintage for most of the Panther coins and the rest would be produced later in the month.

1 minute ago, 272 said:

I rang RM last week about one of my 2 0z coins and they said they only manufactured half the mintage for most of the Panther coins and the rest would be produced later in the month.

Yeah was thinking along those lines myself. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Just had another look..available again,states 95% sold...might be worth another try..

Yeah I don't think they know what they sold or even who they sold it too anymore. Probably sitting behind makeshift desks working off the process of elimination at this stage.

23 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah I don't think they know what they sold or even who they sold it too anymore. Probably sitting behind makeshift desks working off the process of elimination at this stage.

They are looking for a new "Head of Digital sales" as of yesterday! Seriously 🤣 did someone get sacked? Couldn't make this up.

https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/The-Royal-Mint?from=mobviewjob&tk=1fiepioe1ttjc800&fromjk=581e3c43bdb9a697&attributionid=mobvjcmp

78av.gif

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

Still not got my 2oz? Is everyone else waiting?? 

On 13/10/2021 at 12:40, 272 said:

Just rang RM and there are 382 2 ozs on order pending delivery but none left in stock - they need to be manufactured so might take a while. Apparently they only made half the mintage up front and got a bit caught out on the demand.  

There were 383  2 Oz's pending manufacture when I rang  last week ( I sent my  first one back for exchange)

Edited by 272

54 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

They are looking for a new "Head of Digital sales" as of yesterday! Seriously 🤣 did someone get sacked? Couldn't make this up.

https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/The-Royal-Mint?from=mobviewjob&tk=1fiepioe1ttjc800&fromjk=581e3c43bdb9a697&attributionid=mobvjcmp

In the same place, the Royal Mint are also looking for a Head of Marketing - this explains a lot!  However:

"Candidate requirements:

· Luxury digital marketing experience essential with deep knowledge of luxury ecommerce consumer behaviour and channels of influence

· Strong background in conceptualizing and delivering 360 multi-channel brand marketing campaigns

· Proven track record overseeing and delivering high visibility Influencer partnerships – organic and paid programming

· Strong fashion/luxury press, publisher, and industry relationships

· Experience directing and delivering elevated third-party content partnerships

· Significant experience in a similar role is essential.

· Extensive experience in delivery of commercial marketing strategies with demonstrable growth across a variety of markets is essential.

· A strong track record in direct and digital marketing working closely with sales teams in executing programs that accelerate growth in sales, new customer acquisition and market leadership

· Comprehensive experience of working with cross function teams to deliver strategic objectives is essential.

· Consistent record of building successful partnerships with senior management, sales, marketing & operations teams to influence and craft business plans & programmes that are results-driven in their approach"

It appears that a knowledge of coins is not necessary - this is going to go well !

50 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

In the same place, the Royal Mint are also looking for a Head of Marketing - this explains a lot!  However:

"Candidate requirements:

· Luxury digital marketing experience essential with deep knowledge of luxury ecommerce consumer behaviour and channels of influence

· Strong background in conceptualizing and delivering 360 multi-channel brand marketing campaigns

· Proven track record overseeing and delivering high visibility Influencer partnerships – organic and paid programming

· Strong fashion/luxury press, publisher, and industry relationships

· Experience directing and delivering elevated third-party content partnerships

· Significant experience in a similar role is essential.

· Extensive experience in delivery of commercial marketing strategies with demonstrable growth across a variety of markets is essential.

· A strong track record in direct and digital marketing working closely with sales teams in executing programs that accelerate growth in sales, new customer acquisition and market leadership

· Comprehensive experience of working with cross function teams to deliver strategic objectives is essential.

· Consistent record of building successful partnerships with senior management, sales, marketing & operations teams to influence and craft business plans & programmes that are results-driven in their approach"

It appears that a knowledge of coins is not necessary - this is going to go well !

😭😭😭😭

1 hour ago, SilverDrum said:

😭😭😭 this is like a national lampoon film at this stage,but yet here we are still buying🙈 

Worth the entry fee for the laughs alone.

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I think they should have added ...

( Experience working on a dairy farm useful but not essential?..

That's under the "Senior Chemist" position, also up for grabs! 😅 I'm in awe at what is in the job spec below...hopefully this is a technical description of, "help us stop the milk spots"..

"

• Being familiar with the basics of oxidation-reduction reactions in chemistry.
  • Wet chemistry skills such as dilutions, digestions, saponification, hydrolysis, and other techniques that may be required when preparing samples for analysis."

78av.gif