• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

29 minutes ago, James32 said:

This is the first time I've purchased such a coin at release (proof) some for me it was just a case of not being involved with the queens beasts ( wasn't into silver at the time of launch) mine on first glance/impression seems fine but I have yet to check with a loop (busy week) will check at weekend and going by the unfortunate stories of others on here I've resigned myself to the fact there's a 80% chance I'm going to find something.

Hopefully not!!! The RM hasn't got a great reputation for quality control but have designed some beautiful coins...Its a case of listening to the feedback from us and improving the mistakes that they have made with production and quality of the QB's, investigating why so many coins were released in poor conditions...and putting into place a more stringent and satisfactory product with the TB's coins so we don't get coins with scratches and spotting..I hope along with everyone else who are going to collect this 2nd set that they get it right this time..but not holding my breath,,, yet..🙄

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Why is purchasing a new coin such a headache and Trauma??? Its bad enough not knowing what condition your coin is going to turn up in..but we have 'In cart' 'Not in cart' 'Money taken but no confirmation of purchase' 'Free postage but get charged' 'Despatched but 4 days later no coins' 'Calling the RM or dealer'.....etc...etc...why do we do it..for the love of coins,or the love of pain....😆😆😆🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯😟

We’ve seen nothing yet, just wait until the next Great Engravers or the 2022 sovereign is released.

It’ll be carnage!!

28 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

We’ve seen nothing yet, just wait until the next Great Engravers or the 2022 sovereign is released.

It’ll be carnage!!

The Three Grace's was my first proof purchase, that was a rather bad headache. Even tho i ended up with a perfect coin, it really put me off starting the tudor beasts collection. So much so that i didn't order after much debate. 

Yet still i am eagerly awaiting the next Great Engravers 🤣 glutton for punishment!

78av.gif

8 hours ago, blackadder said:

Yep their website is still terrible :) on this order of one coin its listed like four times then the other coins taken away to get to the £95 :P

if that makes sense lol...this order was only one coin so whats this all about lol.

I have the same issue, qty 3 instead of 4.  Customer support assures me its just one that was sent out and charged.  It's still on the way.

Edited by cylinder99

18 hours ago, westminstrel said:

@Shelland @NewCoins - Did you receive anything else? Did the brochure come in an envelope?

Cataloguer here. 🤓

Yes it came in an envelope with a picture on it. I was just about to look for it and the missus has put both in the recycling 🙄 I better go and try to rescue them

Edited by NewCoins

18 hours ago, Shell said:

I have just received a "the making of a Dynasty' brochure from RM. Now, this coin set contains 2 x Lions, 2 x Dragons and 2 x Panthers. Do you think each Beast will be depicted differently? Will you get, say, two Lions that look identical with only the heraldic shield to tell them apart? Or visualised from different angles of something? Not keen on a set where six coins are duplicates...🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 What do you think?

Hmmm. I think if there are that number of similar animals in the set there just are. Let’s hope the designs are different. Yes only time will tell on value. 

Morning all, finally got chance to get some close up images of my 1oz Panther - after someone mentioning there may be milk spotting when I posted the pics still in the capsule on a previous post, I wanted to take it out and photograph it 'naked' (ooh err missus!🤭)

So, here's a few pictures - would appreciate your thoughts, as you lot are far more knowledgable than I when it comes to proofs (This is my first one)...

Things I have noticed:

Reverse - the fields don't look completely 'flat' to me? you can see this by looking at the darker areas around the rim in picture 1 - has a slight ripple maybe? only visible at certain angles, looks ok at first inspection.

The edge - I felt a 'catch' on the top edge of the rim while handling the coin for the pictures (picture 2) and you can see it reflecting some light?

Obverse - again, the fields look a little textured, rather than flat mirror finish?

Just wanted to check if any of these are reasons for concern or even a return? Or am I panicking without reason? 🤔 Just to give some context, I'm not intending to get it graded, just want to add to my 'PM based' savings account to sell when needed later in life 😊

I welcome your thoughts / comments.

Cheers,
Bob

IMG_20211015_091005377_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211015_091512285_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211015_091709833.jpg

Edited by Scootermuppet
spellings

I can't speak for the edge as I haven't removed mine but a assume that's just down to the stamp process....as for the ripples in texture, as long as there is no obvious marks or scratches I wouldn't worry as mine has ripples too (only show when you tilt coin....I'm pretty sure (although could be wrong) that that's just part of the cooling process of what ever set up they have...in my mind if they went back in to polish the field further they risk damage to the edge and centre portions. Hopefully someone else more experienced can add to this as I'm curious also.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

39 minutes ago, James32 said:

I can't speak for the edge as I haven't removed mine but a assume that's just down to the stamp process....as for the ripples in texture, as long as there is no obvious marks or scratches I wouldn't worry as mine has ripples too (only show when you tilt coin....I'm pretty sure (although could be wrong) that that's just part of the cooling process of what ever set up they have...in my mind if they went back in to polish the field further they risk damage to the edge and centre portions. Hopefully someone else more experienced can add to this as I'm curious also.

Thanks James - That's what I was thinking too... but being my first proof, I don't have anything to compare with and yes, we'll hopefully get some more feedback from the more seasoned Proof folks 👍

4 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Yes it came in an envelope with a picture on it. I was just about to look for it and the missus has put both in the recycling 🙄 I better go and try to rescue them

The missus had good intentions but yikes! 😆

What does the envelope look like please? And the order form?

1 hour ago, Scootermuppet said:

So, here's a few pictures - would appreciate your thoughts, as you lot are far more knowledgable than I when it comes to proofs (This is my first one)...

You lucked out on your first Silver Proof purchase. 👏 I don’t see any milk spots. Lucky you!

30 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

You lucked out on your first Silver Proof purchase. 👏 I don’t see any milk spots. Lucky you!

Thanks! 😁  always good to hear!  Fingers crossed that the other things I've mentioned are minor issues...

7 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

The edge - I felt a 'catch' on the top edge of the rim while handling the coin for the pictures (picture 2) and you can see it reflecting some light?

I noticed the edges are abit rough on another of mine,But the overall coin is very good so just going to keep that one lol.

15 hours ago, Mothballjim said:

IT ARRIVED 🤩

I actually agree with @BackyardBullion that said it looks better in the flesh, it really does.

I also actually really like the font - it keeps it simple & elegant, it also works well with the design of the panther. 

I’m excited about the next release! 🤗

11 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Will the RM release these before LPMHK??

I of course don't know the answer, but the stated mintage is not quite tiny - 1k, and I think it should be available from RM as well. I suppose "LPM Exclusive" means LPM is the exclusive dealer, but the manufacturer still is able to sell them.

2 hours ago, ak74 said:

I found this when I went to look at the RM website. It's not the same thing I know but do they mean a pair of the same coins? 

Screenshot_2021-10-16-14-00-51-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

So another pair of replacement 1 Oz Panthers received today - and going straight back to the RM because they're damaged. That makes it a 100% return rate for the 5 silver coins I've received so far. - not great to say the least.  Will try once more for a return and then I give up on the 1 oz series (and it will be letter writing time).  I might also cancel my 2 oz silver series and just stick with the 1/4 Oz gold. Ironically though the freebie 95th Birthday BUNC that came with them seems perfect!

1130350143_Panther10zreturn1.thumb.png.ec1c519b943a917b3ba39f5fcc6fb609.png1341420688_Panther10zreturn2.thumb.png.dff09341612b0bdbf20bc2418c596264.png1138039452_Panther10zreturn3.thumb.png.7ca8c09002e70ce89b736e14887a5e99.png

27 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I found this when I went to look at the RM website. It's not the same thing I know but do they mean a pair of the same coins? 

Screenshot_2021-10-16-14-00-51-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Very interesting keeping my eyes out for it when it’s available 

Had a surprise from the postman today!! Havnt ordered anything so was shocked to see that it was a box from the RM a Seymour Panther? I've an idea who it's from,will find out later. I had no intention of purchasing this or the series but now  in-hand it's beautiful.. well I'm now hooked..it is a very nice coin. Was hesitant on opening it up as was thinking..(Milkspots,scratches etc) I've had the coin out of the capsule with cotton gloves and cannot see anything..apart from what looks like a smudge on the reverse at the left of the 2022.

Won't be sending it back as 1. It's a present and 2. Don't want to risk getting a replacement that is in worse condition.

Anyway very happy with it so looks like I'm going to be going for the full series..

image.jpg

20211016_145036.jpg

image.jpg