• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

That was painful. I wasn't that bothered but bothered enough to give it a try.

Got in the queue and got in the site at 9.15, where I couldn't actually see the coins. I didn't really have time to spend time looking into it and was about to give up. Then a call from Prontypridd trying to sell me the new release. Certainly madam, I will take the 5oz silver.

I likely wouldn't have persisted otherwise. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

I am in for the 5oz silver proof only on this one. Wasn’t going to be then saw the images from the invitational and thought the larger silver looked incredible. 

Committed for the series (though there is no continuation offered for the 5oz, I should be able to get each one, I hope). 

I am also keeping my powder dry for the Gothic Crown release and 2022 Sovereign. Hence no splashing out on anything gold today. (Plus the small matter of the beautiful next coin cabinet auction!)

Anyone planning on grading their Panthers? I’m going for NGC for this collection as I like the First Release designation. 

Well folks, still somewhat in Limbo here sadly... After the Customer Service guy admitting he didn't know what had happened to my original order (and advising I cancel the held payment with them for that one) I was offered the option to do a phone order for my basket (1 x 1oz Silver proof panther, and a couple of the BUNC £5 jobbies) so I said yes, as this would be 'A confirmed order' - the Customer service guys words.

As of 5 minutes ago, my RM account is still showing no live orders or completed orders, and they now have 2 payments on hold from me with my bank totalling £247.00... 😳

My RM account page only shows an 'Investment Account' number - not a 'Commemorative' account number, but was assured by the customer service guy that the account would be created, just may take a while apparently.

😔

On the plus side, they offered free shipping on the second order I placed ... yaay... I think? 🤔

More posts to come as the Saga continues - what a First time experience of the Royal Mint, knew I should have listened to you lot! 😂

Bob

13 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I added a note when I made the purchase for the 1/4oz ..... " Dear RM Please could you just send a replacement out as the one I ordered will probably have a few marks and blemishes , thanks " 😂😂

😅😅 thinking ahead....I like it.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Well folks, still somewhat in Limbo here sadly... After the Customer Service guy admitting he didn't know what had happened to my original order (and advising I cancel the held payment with them for that one) I was offered the option to do a phone order for my basket (1 x 1oz Silver proof panther, and a couple of the BUNC £5 jobbies) so I said yes, as this would be 'A confirmed order' - the Customer service guys words.

As of 5 minutes ago, my RM account is still showing no live orders or completed orders, and they now have 2 payments on hold from me with my bank totalling £247.00... 😳

My RM account page only shows an 'Investment Account' number - not a 'Commemorative' account number, but was assured by the customer service guy that the account would be created, just may take a while apparently.

😔

On the plus side, they offered free shipping on the second order I placed ... yaay... I think? 🤔

More posts to come as the Saga continues - what a First time experience of the Royal Mint, knew I should have listened to you lot! 😂

Bob

Sorry to hear that  and hope they get you sorted asap.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

11 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

😔

Bob

I hope it works out, you're probably OK :)

Alas I never trust Customer Services (apart from actually making an order)...I think the last time I contacted them was about a Strike on the Day I hadn't received. The polite and helpful lady said she'd check if they'd been minted yet - I said I was pretty confident they had been, being struck on the day and all that, but she didn't seem able to connect the two ideas...:wacko:

Edited by kimchi

34 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Rumour has it, the TB completer will be of Henry VIII himself, circled by his 6 wives, minus the neck/shoulder on two of them. Now that is a mighty Tudor beast.

That possibility brings a whole new meaning to ‘Strike on the day’. 😆

I wonder if there will even be a completer for this new series as they’re marketing it as a series of 10 already.

25 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

😔

Bob

You should be ok. My telephone order has now got to "open orders".

I remember the 1oz silver completer took a few days to sell out and then did really well. I can't say whether this coin is the same but you never know, having x2 of them might not be such a bad thing if it is ...

3 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I am in for the 5oz silver proof only on this one. Wasn’t going to be then saw the images from the invitational and thought the larger silver looked incredible. 

Committed for the series (though there is no continuation offered for the 5oz, I should be able to get each one, I hope). 

I am also keeping my powder dry for the Gothic Crown release and 2022 Sovereign. Hence no splashing out on anything gold today. (Plus the small matter of the beautiful next coin cabinet auction!)

Anyone planning on grading their Panthers? I’m going for NGC for this collection as I like the First Release designation. 

Any guess with Gothic Crown gets released?

1 minute ago, MintCollectionsImports said:

Any guess with Gothic Crown gets released?

It would be a guess rather than any factually informed knowledge!! Take your pick of dates between now and the end of November. I would prefer the end of November as I would like to see the Sovereign released first and I have some coins I want graded before the end of the year (including the Panther!)

If anyone is considering grading anything, do it NOW! As soon as the bloody Gothic Crown is released that will consume NGC and PCGS for months and cause more backlogs………

1 minute ago, CollectorNo1 said:

How long is a piece of string!!!!

Twice the length from the middle, my friend!

11 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It would be a guess rather than any factually informed knowledge!! Take your pick of dates between now and the end of November. I would prefer the end of November as I would like to see the Sovereign released first and I have some coins I want graded before the end of the year (including the Panther!)

If anyone is considering grading anything, do it NOW! As soon as the bloody Gothic Crown is released that will consume NGC and PCGS for months and cause more backlogs………

Twice the length from the middle, my friend!

Only if its one piece..but if its tied with another..all bets are off...

I've spent all day thinking about these bloody coins. Was around early this morning to see the release and have checked in periodically through the day to see what was still left when I've had a moment. I've been avoiding buying anything from the RM since the awful experience I had with my 1oz gold proof completer. But I like these and there is a chance now to start at the beginning which is something I wasn't in the position to do with the QB series. As much as I like them the quality concerns leave me unwilling to part with a large amount of cash but I have just decided to pull the trigger on the silver proof 1oz. We'll see what turns up.

Those that were around for the QB series - how far behind were the first bullion coins?

2 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Those that were around for the QB series - how far behind were the first bullion coins?

The Queen’s Beasts started with the bullion…the Lion in March 2016. The proof Lions showed up in December of that year as a 2017 dated coin. 

They eventually settled in to the proofs coming first with the bullion a month later or so (except the 10oz silver and 1oz platinum bullion, which were released later, and stayed on an every 6 month schedule…I hope with these they do all the bullion together so they all have the same date.)

2 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I've spent all day thinking about these bloody coins. Was around early this morning to see the release and have checked in periodically through the day to see what was still left when I've had a moment. I've been avoiding buying anything from the RM since the awful experience I had with my 1oz gold proof completer. But I like these and there is a chance now to start at the beginning which is something I wasn't in the position to do with the QB series. As much as I like them the quality concerns leave me unwilling to part with a large amount of cash but I have just decided to pull the trigger on the silver proof 1oz. We'll see what turns up.

I’m in asimilar position to yourself.

I missed the Queens Beasts first release by two ‘ish’ years.

I think that the Tudor beasts might gain more attention than the original Queens Beasts series as those who lost out first time around who want to be here from the start.

In loose terms I say this but I hope you understand the point of what I’m saying. I include myself in this statement.

This is a whole new series but with a slight feel of QB’s mark II and I for one who wasn’t ready (lost out) with the first QB’s is looking forward to this series.

@BackyardBullion made a very good point earlier in his comments, we may see a change of monarch in this series. I hope we don’t but this series will conclude in 2026 when HM The Queen will be 100 years old.

I’m just glad I’m here at the start of this series. Time will tell....

4 hours ago, Foster88 said:

@BackyardBullion made a very good point earlier in his comments, we may see a change of monarch in this series. I hope we don’t but this series will conclude in 2026 when HM The Queen will be 100 years old.

I’m just glad I’m here at the start of this series. Time will tell....

This reminds me of how back in 2016 we were morbidly wondering whether there’d be a change of monarch before the end of the Queen’s Beasts series. 😀

12 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

You should be ok. My telephone order has now got to "open orders".

I remember the 1oz silver completer took a few days to sell out and then did really well. I can't say whether this coin is the same but you never know, having x2 of them might not be such a bad thing if it is ...

Thanks,  but my worry is that I’ll end up with nothing, still no orders showing on my account. Have a feeling I’ll get both amounts released back to my account and end up with no coins 😕🤷

Edited by Scootermuppet