• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Your Ugliest Coin?

SlowFrog

11 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

I have got a George III and two Maria Theresa coins and I love them because there is no such thing as an ugly gold or silver coin - for as long as they don't mint one with the likeness of Frau Merkel.

Bildergalerie: Angela Merkel | tagesschau.de

Here you go.... 

Karmic retribution by the coin designer 

86612001Qkf4Xz18jYrMG_600x600.jpg

images.jpeg.jpg

Edited by dikefalos

14 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

5567233acc343_dragacta28may15.jpg

I see that I'm going to need to make use of the industrial strength/grade bleach on my eyes after browsing the forums today.

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

5 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

I bet you have an unopened monster box of Harry & Megan 1oz 🤣

9 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

My local dealer has a sign in the window saying " WE BUY ANY SCRAP GOLD FOR MELTING ( Except Harry & Megan stuff ) " 🤣

21 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Agreed on the 2012 Bullion Sovereign- the design simply didn't work on the Bu

I guess you are not interested in my pride and joy then? 😂... We're all different and that's why collecting is so interesting 👍

Although there are many nasty looking coins- This is by far my worse nightmare- imagine dropping £2k for this horror story...

2027053865_Screenshot2021-09-14at21_06_42.png.a0e0e14c9ce7b7745c679235ae20bef6.png

18 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

The Harry and Megan coin is a contender, although that's a suberb photo! 😎

10 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Apologies, I should have credited Chards with it. 

Tha Harry and Megan coin is far better than the truly awful William and Kate crown showing their teeth:

https://www.chards.co.uk/2011-royal-wedding-william-and-kate-5-pounds-gold-proof/2469

As Raphael Maklouf said, every sculptor knows to avoid showing people's teeth on a sculpture. It is a really basic mistake, and he could hardly believe that the Royal Mint accepted the design.

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Tha Harry and Megan coin is far better than the truly awful William and Kate crown showing their teeth:

https://www.chards.co.uk/2011-royal-wedding-william-and-kate-5-pounds-gold-proof/2469

As Raphael Maklouf said, every sculptor knows to avoid showing people's teeth on a sculpture. It is a really basic mistake, and he could harldy believe that the Royal Mint accepted the design.

I went out on date once with a girl. Met her and she seemed lovely until she opened her gob. With her teeth she could of eaten an apple through a tennis racket.

All that glitters ain't gold!

19 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Agreed on the 2012 Bullion Sovereign- the design simply didn't work on the Bu

I guess you are not interested in my pride and joy then? 😂... We're all different and that's why collecting is so interesting 👍

IMG_5200.thumb.JPG.f91ab26babcf4eba1b1bd931fcf113ec.JPGIMG_5201.thumb.JPG.57e7ee56ca803898af6ed0d22d6214a2.JPG

Although there are many nasty looking coins- This is by far my worse nightmare- imagine dropping £2k for this horror story...

2027053865_Screenshot2021-09-14at21_06_42.png.a0e0e14c9ce7b7745c679235ae20bef6.png

Yes indeed, truly repulsive both aesthetically and morally. Beats even the secret Stasi agent's mug (Merkel).

Just now, RDHC said:

Yes indeed, truly repulsive both aesthetically and morally. Beats even the secret Stasi agent's mug (Merkel).

My remark was intended to refer to the unfortunate Harry and his scheming wife, but it seems to have got caught up with other material.

Hugely enjoyable thread.

17 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

I have got a George III and two Maria Theresa coins and I love them because there is no such thing as an ugly gold or silver coin - for as long as they don't mint one with the likeness of Frau Merkel.

Bildergalerie: Angela Merkel | tagesschau.de

Now,now now! The proof is in the minting, although?

On 14/09/2021 at 20:14, SlowFrog said:

Bit of a lighthearted topic but given that I'm relatively new to this whole coin collecting/buying thing, I'd love to see some ugly coins! It's a shame I can't really start it off with one of my own but I will say that I don't think I could bring myself to buy one with the face of George III.. :D

On a slightly related note, my first purchases were a couple of 2015 sovereigns and after since buying some oldies, I have to say that the new sovereigns look ugly in comparison! Much prefer the yellow gold look. All subjective of course but it'd be great to see some contenders.

If someone deals in ugly coins, does that make them an...

Ugly Coin Dealer

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

If some deals in ugly coins, does that make them an...

Ugly Coin Dealer

😎

As a coin dealer you just support the inclusion of ugly coin collectors to the community, otherwise they would be in a special class. Selling a William and Kate coin without laughing must be the Champions League of coin selling. 

"Yes Sir, that's a stunning coin, awesome. Are you a dentist?"