• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Victoria Gothic Silver Crown 1847

thanasis

Some more content for you, to help with your decision:

http://www.predecimal.com/forum/topic/10650-gothic-crown-real-or-fake/

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=146846

Ideally you also want to see photos of the edge of 'your' coin, but at first glance when compared to the photos in the second link - I think 'your' coin does not fail any of these tests (so the presumption remains in favour of it being a genuine coin and not a forgery).

Hope it helps.  Personally I think I would only buy a gothic crown from a reputable coin dealer who can guarantee it as being genuine (and would therefore give you a full refund if it subsequently proved to be a forgery).

@CosmikDebris It has an "Undecimo" edge inscription.

@LawrenceChard Really, Michael Hunt (=Mike Hunt 🤣). So there is a story about him? Do tell....

Thanks for the info on silver coins 😎

@CollectorNo1Well, Mike asked for no money, but only the chance to redeem his name 😵

@SidSSolid point. I guess asking for more photos or even better seeing it oneself is the way to go...

3 hours ago, thanasis said:

@CosmikDebris It has an "Undecimo" edge inscription.

@LawrenceChard Really, Michael Hunt (=Mike Hunt 🤣). So there is a story about him? Do tell....

Thanks for the info on silver coins 😎

@CollectorNo1Well, Mike asked for no money, but only the chance to redeem his name 😵

@SidSSolid point. I guess asking for more photos or even better seeing it oneself is the way to go...

By request:

There is a local pub in the centre of Poulton-le-Fylde, where many regulars used to meet up in one of its small rooms, a few nights a week. One wag phoned up, and got a blonde barmaid, who was not the sharpest, said his name was Peter Hunt, and asked (this is before mobile phones), had his brother Mike been in as he needed to speak to him. Blondie very obligingly asked loudly enough for everyone to hear "Has anybody seen Mike Hunt". I don't think she ever worked out why everbody laughed.

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

By request:

There is a local pub in the centre of Poulton-le-Fylde, where many regulars used to meet up in one of its small rooms, a few nights a week. One wag phoned up, and got a blonde barmaid, who was not the sharpest, said his name was Peter Hunt, and asked (this is before mobile phones), had his brother Mike been in as he needed to speak to him. Blondie very obligingly asked loudly enough for everyone to hear "Has anybody seen Mike Hunt". I don't think she ever worked out why everbody laughed.

I remember a film back in the late 70's early 80's....Kentucky fried movie....or may have been the original Porkys....tounge in cheek comedy's that's where I first heard that term....Mike Hunt...Great movies don't know if you can still get them on dvd! Probably can view the clips on YouTube.....

11 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I remember a film back in the late 70's early 80's....Kentucky fried movie....or may have been the original Porkys....tounge in cheek comedy's that's where I first heard that term....Mike Hunt...Great movies don't know if you can still get them on dvd! Probably can view the clips on YouTube.....

Porkys i think

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

By request:

There is a local pub in the centre of Poulton-le-Fylde, where many regulars used to meet up in one of its small rooms, a few nights a week. One wag phoned up, and got a blonde barmaid, who was not the sharpest, said his name was Peter Hunt, and asked (this is before mobile phones), had his brother Mike been in as he needed to speak Ito him. Blondie very obligingly asked loudly enough for everyone to hear "Has anybody seen Mike Hunt". I don't think she ever worked out why everbody laughed.

I know Mikes brother Issac

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

50 minutes ago, SidS said:

It's up there with Wayne Carr isn't it?

😁

I knew his Mexican cousin also Juan ;)

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

46 minutes ago, SidS said:

It's up there with Wayne Carr isn't it?

😁

Which reminds me:

Many years ago, we got to know Danny la Rue as he was a friend of two of our local customers. When 9ct gold ingots were a hot fashion as necklet pendants, most people aspired to a one ounce version, but Danny wanted bragging rights, so we got him a four ounce one made. We got free tickets to one of his pantomime performances, where we got name checked. One time, we went for a meal with him and others. At the time, he had a young protégé, a young Australian pianist whose stage name was Wayne King, and he was also at the dinner party. I said we had enjoyed the show, and were very impressed by the pianist, the only slight criticism is that he played very loudly (which he did), and that afterwards I could hardly hear anything, which all went to prove that Wayne King makes you deaf. It got a laugh. 😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Which reminds me:

Many years ago, we got to know Danny la Rue as he was a friend of two of our local customers. When 9ct gold ingots were a hot fashion as necklet pendants, most people aspired to a one ounce version, but Danny wanted bragging rights, so we got him a four ounce one made. We got free tickets to one of his pantomime performances, where we got name checked. One time, we went for a meal with him and others. At the time, he had a young protégé, a young Australian pianist whose stage name was Wayne King, and he was also at the dinner party. I said we had enjoyed the show, and were very impressed by the pianist, the only slight criticism is that he played very loudly (which he did), and that afterwards I could hardly hear anything, which all went to prove that Wayne King makes you deaf. It got a laugh. 😎

Ohhhhhh noooooo it isnt!!!! Oh yeeeessss it IS!

I'll get my coat!

30 minutes ago, Silverscrooge said:

The Crown looks genuine, the way to tell is to look for this raised bump...

Inked1018320259_5.ReverseUpperDetail.thumb.png.ee4406c9ea7dae5e84a7361cacb4de17_LI.jpg

Raised pimples are usually not a good sign.

I have not checked, but if you are saying that genuine coins have that particular feature, then any competent counterfeiter would ensure his output included it.

Chards

1 minute ago, Booky586 said:

That's a coincidence. There's a Mexican Juan King somewhere....

I know his chinese cousin also Wan! 

Have you had enough or do ya want some more lol

14 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

By request:

We used to do the Poulton pub crawl and finish in the Thatched before setting off for the clubs in Blackpool - we used to order our taxi(s) in the name of Mike Hunt.  The drivers never knew why we were falling about laughing after they came in a and shouted "Taxi for Mike Hunt!"  True story. :)  Once or twice we used the name Hugh Jampton

I used to work with someone (and I'm not making this up) whose name was Robert C0ck.

Some wags used to visit his department and say "has anybody seen R C0ck?"

I also once worked on a project with a consultant whose name was Anna Dominey.  That's probably my favourite name of actual people I've met.

Edited by Stuntman
trying to avoid the swear filter, no offence intended!