• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone know why I can't post a wanted advert?

Message added by ChrisSilver,

Answer:

I can’t see the "start new topic" button - Can I list an item for sale? 

Yes you can. In order to stop spam on the forum a minimum amount of posts are required before you can post items for sale in the trade section. Although the amount of posts is not disclosed it is a very small number, we suggest that you introduce yourself in the welcome new members section if you haven’t done so already. Alternatively upgrading to Premium Membership will give you immediate access to list items for sale.

Please make sure you have read the applicable Quickstart guide to trading before trading on the forum, as it contains useful and important information. 

UK QuickStart Guide
EU QuickStart Guide
USA & Canada QuickStart Guide

Hi everyone does anyone know why I can't post a wanted advert? 

I click the + symbol at the top of the page then buy and sell, UK only, but ungraded remains greyed out so I can't post a wanted advert. I did post an advert back in February but terms of site say I can post an advert every 30days without being a premium member so I'm struggling to understand what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

I think it'll work if you create a topic straight from the UK Ungraded section here: https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/13-united-kingdom-ungraded/

Click on the green ''Start new Topic'' button and you should be fine. Alternatively, you should be able to create it directly with this link: https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/13-united-kingdom-ungraded/?do=add

Good luck & hope you'll find what you are looking for!

Thanks for the reply unfortunately I don't have the green bar at the top of the screen if I use first link. And the 2nd link says it not accessible from my account? 

I've tried again today with the + sign and it still doesn't work? If anyone from admin or anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. Many thanks.

• Founder & Administrator

Should you require assistance please feel free to private message message me. I did get your email received around 2 hours ago, and was just about to reply back to it and just checked your account and noticed this topic you created. It looks like you have managed to post your wanted listing :) 

Unsure why you were unable to make a post, there are no restrictions on your account, possibly a browser issue. Note that standard free members can post 1 trade listing per 30 days. Premium Members can post unlimited trade listings. 

Edit: it was likely due to the reason explained in the QuickStart guide which is why we ask members to read the guide before trading on the forum. Pease make sure you have read the whole of the QuickStart guide.

I can’t see the "start new topic" button - Can I list an item for sale? 

Yes you can. In order to stop spam on the forum a minimum amount of posts are required before you can post items for sale in the trade section. Although the amount of posts is not disclosed it is a very small number, we suggest that you introduce yourself in the welcome new members section if you haven’t done so already. Alternatively upgrading to Premium Membership will give you immediate access to list items for sale.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Please make sure you have read the applicable Quickstart guide to trading as it contains useful and important information. 

UK QuickStart Guide
EU QuickStart Guide
USA & Canada QuickStart Guide

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I had read the quickstart guide before and was aware of the restriction before you've posted a minimum number of times. However I assumed it wasn't that as I'd posted a wanted advert back in February so didn't think a restriction would have been reinstated? Anyway all good now.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Douve87 said:

I had read the quickstart guide before and was aware of the restriction before you've posted a minimum number of times.

It’s in the QuickStart guide near the top. The above part that I quoted was directly from there.

Discounts / Offers

2 hours ago, ChrisSilver said:

It’s in the QuickStart guide near the top. The above part that I quoted was directly from there.

Hi Chris,

Yeah as previously stated I had read the quickstart guide before posting question. I was aware that new members are prevented from posting wanted ads before they have posted a number of messages to avoid spam. But I didn't think that would apply as I had already posted an advert back in February so didn't think the restriction would have been reapplied. Equally I'm aware as a non premium member I can only post 1 advert (wanted or selling) every 30 days but as February is more than 30 days ago I didn't think that would have prevented me either? Anyway all seems good now. 

Thanks,

David