• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

100g (2021) The Silver Forum Bars - Serial Number Reservation Thread

Don't want to moan but I've been waiting all day for this thread, hoping for a certain number. When I received it a few mins ago I find that there was an earlier run of it that I missed ( which happened to include the number I was hoping for!). What happened so that some people had an earlier choice to me please? Hence my earlier question, have I missed something. A bit disappointed to be fair.

6 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Don't want to moan but I've been waiting all day for this thread, hoping for a certain number. When I received it a few mins ago I find that there was an earlier run of it that I missed ( which happened to include the number I was hoping for!). What happened so that some people had an earlier choice to me please? Hence my earlier question, have I missed something. A bit disappointed to be fair.

I'm sorry you didn't get the number you wanted.

I tagged you in the original post of this thread when I published it on Friday afternoon with all the instructions.

The thread went live automatically at 5pm as I wrote on the original post.

Other members have set their own reminders to get on and make their requests as soon as the thread went live, that would have been the only way you could have gotten in sooner.

We always have so many different people thay want certain numbers. The method we have worked out for this is the best we can do to make it as fair as possible for everyone.

You might find that this community is very understanding though, perhaps if you ask for the number you originally wanted the person who snagged it before you might offer it out - but remember they don't have to do that.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

BYB, I am not going to cry over the bar number don't worry, my point was that when I saw neilwillow ask for numbers, I asked if I'd missed anything. Colnago didn't seem to know the numbers either with his post shortly after mine. Only at that point did the thread pop up, I had no idea about your post to say 5pm today at all. I have literally been checking all day wondering what's going on. 

I can now see the original message where you tagged me in on the first wave so to speak, but nothing came to me re the choice, until about half seven tonight when you replied to colnagos post with the thread.

I don't want to ask someone for my number, this whole thing isn't meant to sound rude, I think there must have been a glitch somewhere. Not to worry, I was just a bit disappointed when I saw that the numbers had been available for over two hours without my knowing. It's not the end of the world, 131 is fine. I hope that I haven't offended anyone here.

1 minute ago, FFposh said:

Apologies if I've missed something

This thread is in the same section "silver" as all the other threads. 

No offence taken from anything you have said - but with the large number of members out there looking for their own individual needs and requirements it is not possible to guide every single person to the thread when they ask.

Without trying to be rude myself, its all about feedback, the forum navigation is there for everyone to explore and to learn. Next time this might not be an issue because you would know where to look!

Again, not trying to be short or anything, every year there is something that is not perfect for someone, this is the 5th year doing this now and it seems to be the least stressful and easiest way to manage this and still give people the options of picking numbers. I have, a few times, just thought why bother and just randomly assign them - but I do want to make sure that people get what they want more than just a random number, it makes a difference. 

Hope that all helps - if it is any consolation, bar number 131 is a real beauty!

PXL_20210817_132815103.thumb.jpg.be3867bf30d0584af19325166e78ad75.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Hey BYB, 

You have done a great job in bringing this whole thing together selling your wonderful pourings. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way you went about it, it was perfectly fair. My apologies if I came across badly, I had absolutely no idea what was going on and perhaps articulated it badly. Maybe 131 was meant to be and I look forward to receiving it!

Missed out on the number I was after but can’t complain it’s been a cracking day spent on the beach I’m happy to take any number when the bars are divvied out and sent, if I need to pick a number before sending out I’ll take 29 but happy to take whichever’s left thanks again BYB and The silver forum for setting this up I’m happy to help out

Thanks again JerseySilver 

3 hours ago, FFposh said:

For the record guys and gals, it was my mistake I never saw the thread re the allocation of numbers. Apologies for the essays. I have messaged with and apologised to BYB for even suggesting that I was unhappy with the process! 

Don't stress to much over it mate, i asked for a number as its relevant to my door number atm but i'm planning on moving in a couple of years to a detached bungalow so i dont have to put up with noisy neighbours or worry about my knees getting up to the loo after a few beers so it will be irrelevant for me, but the bar you have is now guaranteed for as long as BYB is making them and with a mintage of only 175 they are all special....  peace.... and flowers and lovely little butterflies.... yeah i've been on the absinthe!

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

5 hours ago, Gordy said:

Don't stress to much over it mate, i asked for a number as its relevant to my door number atm but i'm planning on moving in a couple of years to a detached bungalow so i dont have to put up with noisy neighbours or worry about my knees getting up to the loo after a few beers so it will be irrelevant for me, but the bar you have is now guaranteed for as long as BYB is making them and with a mintage of only 175 they are all special....  peace.... and flowers and lovely little butterflies.... yeah i've been on the absinthe!

How is number 69 these days? 😜

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

10 hours ago, Gordy said:

It's fine really. I just didn't know what was going on at the time as I didn't know about the thread. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. My mistake. Will learn and move on. Peace and unicorns all round🦄

Hi FFPosh

Sorry that might be my fault. I put it on the wrong thread and put 26 instead of 25. 😏 The grandkids were driving me mad at the time.

I assume I have got 25 and you are more than welcome to have that number if that's better for you. The real number I wanted was the same as my 30g bars but that wasn't there so the number is not that important to me.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Neil

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for your concern but if anything you did me a favour by drawing my attention to the fact that people were choosing numbers, although I didn't understand how. Also thanks for offering but yours weren't the numbers and I wouldn't want to take it off anyone anyway. It was my mistake not finding the thread, pure and simple, I just wasn't aware of it at the time. All is good guys, let's leave this now, I'm happy with my bar and look forward to locating the threads for the 3 and 5oz rounds soon😂