• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Auctions and other places...

Afternoon!

I am just wondering if we should compile a list of regular online auctions or other places where coins are on sale - such as fares or one-off meets. If this has already been done, we can ignore this thread but perhaps someone can add a link to the relevant thread (I could not see one!)

Auctions: I regularly buy from Coin Cabinet and Coins of the Realm and I am aware of Sovereign Rareties. Are there others that people know about and are happy to share?

Fares: I know of the London Bloomsbury fares. Are there others? Countrywide would be good as I can travel and would enjoy trips out and about!

Online: I don’t use Facebook. I’m only on Twitter (work - non-coin - related) and Instagram is just for family stuff...maybe I need to get a Facebook account...is it worth it?

Cheers!

To the coin fairs you can add, the Midland coin fair (Held at the motorcycle museum just off the M-42 near the NEC and Birmingham airport on the second Sunday of the month) the York coin and stamp show held at the racecourse is on usually around the third Friday and Saturday of January and July, this years shows were cancelled because of covid restrictions, figures crossed for January 2022.

The Wakefield cedar court show is hoping to get back going as far as I am aware, from October as the hotel is undergoing some renovation at present, so please check. This show is on the last Sunday of every month except December when there isn’t a show because of the clash with Christmas holidays. The venue is just off exit 39 of the M1 and if going M1 northbound, as you go off the slip road at exit 39 you can see the hotel from the slip road.

• 1 month later...

The Wakefield cedar court show has been moved temporarily to Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield (Just off exit 24 off the M62) scheduled for Sunday October 31st.

The show has now been renamed The Yorkshire Coin fair. The next two shows after that are scheduled for Sunday 30th January and February 27th 2022.

All details are available at www.yorkshircoinfair.com 

12 minutes ago, neilsmithcoins said:

The Wakefield cedar court show has been moved temporarily to Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield (Just off exit 24 off the M62) scheduled for Sunday October 31st.

The show has now been renamed The Yorkshire Coin fair. The next two shows after that are scheduled for Sunday 30th January and February 27th 2022.

All details are available at www.yorkshircoinfair.com 

You missed the "e" out of yorkshire. Go stand in the naughty corner!😄

actually https://yorkshirecoinfair.com/

Do you know if there will be any covid restrictive entrance rules?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

34 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

You missed the "e" out of yorkshire. Go stand in the naughty corner!😄

actually https://yorkshirecoinfair.com/

Do you know if there will be any covid restrictive entrance rules?

Thank you for spotting and correcting that,much appreciated. I will stand in the corner after I have written it out 100 times for detention. 👍

At present the covid restrictions are the same as at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury London coin fair and the Midland Coin fair. Masks are requested to be worn but can not be enforced. However if the government rules change before the 31st October the fair will adhere to whatever the current policies are at that time.