• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Pokemon Cards

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If seeing this thread from now on just to make it easiest for both of us if you could just:

1. PM me title. Pokemon Cards

2. Say how many kids.

3. Address.

I will then get around to it and when it arrives if you are happy could you PM me and Ill send bank details for postage cost. It is currently £1 per kid. Easiest and cheapest to send in separate parcels that I can get a big stamp for. 

1 hour ago, FlorinCollector said:

Got some more cards if anyone is looking for more 👌👌

Always 😊 

Thanks 🙏 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

• 2 weeks later...

https://magicmadhouse.co.uk/pokemon-celebrations-booster-pack

Worth buying for the kids or keeping sealed for the future. Pokemon anniversary set packs. 

Include reprints of the original 3: Charizard, Venosaur & Blastoise. 

Some photos from the anniversary set. Just to show whats available.

Well worth the money. Packs now up to roughly £6. From the £5.45. Im sure there will be plenty of reprints to stock up on this set.

The Elite trainer boxes are a buy if you can get them in stock at retail. I secured 4 to keep sealed.

7FCBFFE0-BAE1-45BD-8DF3-83C219ECF1BC.jpeg

8513B4D0-711D-4BE5-9A67-27F904E8F497.jpeg

AB53EF88-3752-4BC8-A256-7BFC50613105.jpeg

947663E8-0D58-4BE9-A183-1CF8D22A114A.jpeg

0971A646-4C57-43AD-8387-C29E51FCC43A.jpeg

F85A59CD-0F00-4F0F-A657-D0DA2FE85669.jpeg

Not pulled the charizard yet!

@Fadeingstar I think this set will bring a big influx in from old and young because they have reprinted originals and that usually always works for nostalgia and the new pokemon are never as good as the originals. Before I had just been keeping sealed product for investment. However, singles took off so have opened a good bit. 

On 15/10/2021 at 20:27, FlorinCollector said:

Some photos from the anniversary set. Just to show whats available.

Well worth the money. Packs now up to roughly £6. From the £5.45. Im sure there will be plenty of reprints to stock up on this set.

The Elite trainer boxes are a buy if you can get them in stock at retail. I secured 4 to keep sealed.

7FCBFFE0-BAE1-45BD-8DF3-83C219ECF1BC.jpeg

8513B4D0-711D-4BE5-9A67-27F904E8F497.jpeg

AB53EF88-3752-4BC8-A256-7BFC50613105.jpeg

947663E8-0D58-4BE9-A183-1CF8D22A114A.jpeg

0971A646-4C57-43AD-8387-C29E51FCC43A.jpeg

F85A59CD-0F00-4F0F-A657-D0DA2FE85669.jpeg

Not pulled the charizard yet!

You done well there, I bought a few bits to keep sealed But that lasted all two days before ended up opening them like a child a Christmas 😂😂😳

only 5 of cards of the standard set 6,7,18,23,25 and have fair few doubles of that set. (You have any doubles of those?)

didn’t pull menny out of classic collection got a few sort after ones and a double venusaur. 

I opened 4 of the sword and shield packs if you want them passing along for your collection any unneeded you can pass on too. 

let me know if you need any to complete the standard set. 

@Mikew140 🤣🤣 it really is hard to keep a sealed collection. I managed to get 4 elite trainer boxes at retail have kept 2 sealed and opened 2. The pulls were well worth it and I feel this set is much better than 20th anniversary which I still have sealed booster box from as well. Thanks for the offer to mate I don’t usually fill sets. The only collection I filled was the evolutions 20th anniversary set. Here is my best pulls. I also have a spare blastoise from the new set if your interested mate!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice pulls 😀 I picked up a few other bits 😂🤦‍♂️ See if I can pull me a blastoise 🥳 or the grail charizard, what you opened ? just two elite boxes.

What’s your end game with them where you getting rid of stuff all you doubles etc I have  loads of one about 8 lugia’s 😂😂🤷‍♂️

I do feel grabbing a few elite box’s to keep sealed or flipping for a small profit might be worth it, but now I opened them I feel like there’s a couple of quid that charizard’s set alight.🙊😂

@Mikew140 Sealed is the way forward but I always open a small amount just to try get the main pulls. So Ive opened a total of 30 loose packs and 2 etbs. That will be me and I will keep the 2 I have sealed and build on it every time they come in stock. 

I have quite a large sealed product part of my investments now. I try to buy 1 Booster box of every Pokémon set that comes out. With Yu-gi-oh I will buy a full case when a good set comes out to pull the best card the quicker into the case I do it the more sealed product I keep. For one recent set Kings Court. I got the 12 boxes and have 5 sealed. Also Flesh and blood but I am down right now on that I had 9 first edition monarch boxes which I averaged into at £200 per box. Currently selling for £150 a box so that will not be sold any time soon. 

I wouldn't flip for a small profit if I were you. The 20th anniversary set. I have the booster box, a complete set list and 4 sealed collection boxes from this set - The set is charizard, blastoise venosaur & Pikachu promo for each one. At the peak of the market my booster box I paid £125 for was £1,000 - today I think roughly £600. The 4 sealed collection boxes together could achieve £1,000 total spend for the 4 was £120.

The reason I explain that is because this set is much better than the 20th anniversary set. For that set you were trying to pull the charizard which I have 5 of. However, this time the 3 starters are there. It took 4 years to see price appreciation in the 20th anniversary set. I bought no ETBS at the time. During the peak they were selling for £650 each at a cost of just £50. 

I think this set is something you should slowly accumulate over the next 5 years and you will not lose money. 

What I do with my bulk and duplicates is simple, I give them away to people on here who have kids and want to enjoy them. It clears space for me and makes other people happy so it is a win win. I could sell them on ebay for a small profit but it is not worth the input time. 

4 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Mikew140 Sealed is the way forward but I always open a small amount just to try get the main pulls. So Ive opened a total of 30 loose packs and 2 etbs. That will be me and I will keep the 2 I have sealed and build on it every time they come in stock. 

I have quite a large sealed product part of my investments now. I try to buy 1 Booster box of every Pokémon set that comes out. With Yu-gi-oh I will buy a full case when a good set comes out to pull the best card the quicker into the case I do it the more sealed product I keep. For one recent set Kings Court. I got the 12 boxes and have 5 sealed. Also Flesh and blood but I am down right now on that I had 9 first edition monarch boxes which I averaged into at £200 per box. Currently selling for £150 a box so that will not be sold any time soon. 

I wouldn't flip for a small profit if I were you. The 20th anniversary set. I have the booster box, a complete set list and 4 sealed collection boxes from this set - The set is charizard, blastoise venosaur & Pikachu promo for each one. At the peak of the market my booster box I paid £125 for was £1,000 - today I think roughly £600. The 4 sealed collection boxes together could achieve £1,000 total spend for the 4 was £120.

The reason I explain that is because this set is much better than the 20th anniversary set. For that set you were trying to pull the charizard which I have 5 of. However, this time the 3 starters are there. It took 4 years to see price appreciation in the 20th anniversary set. I bought no ETBS at the time. During the peak they were selling for £650 each at a cost of just £50. 

I think this set is something you should slowly accumulate over the next 5 years and you will not lose money. 

What I do with my bulk and duplicates is simple, I give them away to people on here who have kids and want to enjoy them. It clears space for me and makes other people happy so it is a win win. I could sell them on ebay for a small profit but it is not worth the input time. 

Thanks for the lengthy reply. Sealed is the way to go then😂🤦‍♂️

I’ll try and add bits and peices over time, I take it there a bit easier go get once all the hype of new release is done with? 

@Mikew140 Yes. They will release in several waves until a point the market is flooded. You then sit on your sealed waiting for everyone else to open. 

£50 each for grading. Could have been £10 each if sent in bulk but wanted them back quicker

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Mikew140 Yes. They will release in several waves until a point the market is flooded. You then sit on your sealed waiting for everyone else to open. 

£50 each for grading. Could have been £10 each if sent in bulk but wanted them back quicker

Will keep an eye out for them.

You think it’s worth picking any other types of etbs up now? 

@Mikew140 Shining fates. Went from most hyped to most available. In the future it has the chase Zard which always helps. Thats it. I think you can pick this up for £40 and it includes 10 packs and an eevee promo. Downside is small because there is not much room for price to move further downwards. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well investing in Pokemon didn’t go to well for me 😂 lost all self control and now think am a collector 🤦‍♂️ with a really light wallet altho am learning as I have 1 celebrations etb sealed.

Just need a couple promos for master set celebrations (you manage to grab a upc florin) they gone silly prices them.

you pulled any big cards from fusion? 
managed a gengar alt art me lovely card. 

84D67C4B-EFC8-4075-A258-F76FD4D9635F.jpeg

@Mikew140 I think that always happens its hard to keep sealed product 🤣🤣 I never bought any of the collectors boxes due to price point I thought it was maybe too hype but clearly I was wrong. I don’t know if they will be included in the reprints which might normalise the price. Although the gold charizard can be had for roughly £160 on ebay.

I haven't bought any fusion at all yet. Waiting on celebrations reprint to stock up more. Also waiting for latest sov to be released on Monday :) 

Archived