• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

Bumble

Gold Miner Picks

17 hours ago, Bumble said:

Centamin is a mid-cap producer. Its principal asset is in Egypt, which carries some political risk, but it is a first class asset. The balance sheet and performance is fair, and it pays a dividend. It hasn't had the best management in the past: this and the political risk keeps a lid on the price. That said, if you think $2000+ gold is here to stay, then most gold producers look cheap.

Thanks. 

16 hours ago, motorbikez said:

If you are getting bogged down with info re PM miners go for an investment trust such as KDave mentions Blackrock gold & general. 

Only on day 2 so I still have some time & will only go in if there is a reasonable pull back. I am not going to put a fortune into any of them, but I feel that my own little ETF from some of the larger, safer bets, might be a good plan. I only have the option of Ishares on trading 212, but most the major mining companies are there. I also suspect they might also introduce some more, looking at its explosion this month. Thanks :)

15 hours ago, ZigZag said:

regime change and ensuring everyone was “on side”

Having been to Egypt & never wanting to return, its certainly a bit dodgy. I might add it to a few of them to spread the risk, but I need to do some homework before I feel confident. At the end of the day I have some physical so thats fine. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Has anyone else been left a bit frustrated with miner gains?

With gold rising I thought they would be doing better to be honest.

45 minutes ago, Pi7 said:

I get the feeling they will pull back then go up a bit, but when the SHTF they will rocket judging by the media & stock news channels. I also think that a lot of mines might not have got back to normal as they have been shut down, creating a lag in the supply chain. Having said that fuel is very cheap & they are probably saving a lot of money atm with machine operation?? This is combined with the huge purchase of silver for a USA solar project, which I think kicked a lot of this off, possibly leading to a false flag as its clearly still being controlled by Comex. 

A lot of people I recon are day traders getting into this & could get bored with the commodity markets if it does not produce anything substantial in 2-3 months). they will most probably move to better options, like world & emerging market ETF's. If it does start to go backwards, auto stop losses will pull out if it starts to go down, potentially leading to a very good buying opportunity, especially the other markets (especially the Nasdaq) are still providing good returns & the media report that its OK, even thought it is not. So if the post price also goes back to how it was in June, then the demand wont be there. 

Depending what happens with the economy & health thing, I feel it will have some time before it really takes off, but I am a complete amateur. US elections in November should be a pivotal point, as well as the start of the next flu season December time. Purely subjective, but I think Feb next year might be a very nice point when it rockets????????? There is so much ion play with civil unrest, money printing & political instability, I dont even thing government could answer that.  :)

Edited by Stacktastic

3 hours ago, Pi7 said:

I’ve got slightly frustrated with odd individual shares, specifically my largest holding AAZ. Others have done alright throughout the year, so I’m not complaining too much. Royalty streamers like ELY were due a pullback, so always wise to take a bit of profit as nothing goes up in straight lines. 

AAZ has frustrated me though, after paying a very good ever increasing dividend, it peaked around £1.70 on Thursday, before profit taking Friday on its exploration activities. Why? Diversification, well they recently announced an interest in Ireland with Conroy. Political risk, well they are so well connected if anyone does a little research into the directors links and background, too much to spell out here and perhaps a lack of understanding about the mine life and PSA. Kind of need to bear in mind the connections and look at the Behre Dolbear report from the previous Soviet era, to realise what they are sat on. 

Trouble is, the don’t do glitzy headlines, the market can react to easily, they don’t issue shares like confetti that get bucket shops promoting their story. Instead they run a prudent, cash efficient operation, with serious management “skin in the game”, very firmly aligned to other shareholders. So they mine, prove up the resource and bank cash on an ever increasing basis. The next results will undeniably smack the market across the face, simply because of the cash balances; well they ought to but who knows.

This link is 91 pages of through detail and mining speak of their exploration and mining activities around the Gedabek contract area. https://wp-angloasianmining-2020.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/media/2020/08/05145223/H1-2020-Exploration-Activities-Gedabek.pdf

Gosha highlights the Asrikchay potential, particularly 1 and 3 https://wp-angloasianmining-2020.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/media/2020/08/05145230/H1-2020-Exploration-Activities-Gosha.pdf

Ordubad whilst separated from the main rump of Azerbaijan, still presents enormous potential https://wp-angloasianmining-2020.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/media/2020/08/05145230/H1-2020-Exploration-Activities-Gosha.pdf

So there is a lot there but its all a game of patience, I’ve been here 5 years and well rewarded, as have others. Still frustrating though when other miners have gone up at a much faster pace, than AAZ which has barely reacted. Sticking around though because I feel it will come, in time, with perseverance and a top class management team, least of all Stephen Westhead who seems right on his game.

That’s my little ramp for a while, as ever others will have to D.Y.O.R and not fancy it one bit.