• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help with buying gold bar please!

muneeb

Hi there,

I am looking to buy gold and seen this pamp bar however it looks different to the ones on eBay due to the corners and edges.

if anyone can tell me or guide me on if it’s real or not please, I would appreciate it. One pic is the one I am interested in that someone is selling and one is from eBay. 

if you compare the edges, eBay one is curved and the one the guy is selling seems to be straight. 

252024C4-0925-4D87-AC6B-81C949E2003F.png

57D9B39C-181C-489D-8C69-9EA777592F40.png

The security packaging of top bar has clearly been tampered with. Rather buy from a reputed dealer. Bullion by post, Gold.co.uk and Gold-bank have them in stock or ask on the forum if someone has one to sell. 

Also note that Pamp make bars with different designs, The one at the bottom, Lady Fortuna, is the most popular

If you are having to ask this question at all then you should leave it alone. 

Should you really want to buy gold then buy from a reputable dealer or from this forum.

Also Pamp tends to be at the more premium end of the market. There are cheaper ways of obtaining gold - many on here would advocate sovereigns.

Personally I wouldnt be laying out the sort of money a 10g Pamp should cost unless I was absolutely certain it was genuine.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

If you are having to ask this question at all then you should leave it alone. 

Should you really want to buy gold then buy from a reputable dealer or from this forum.

Also Pamp tends to be at the more premium end of the market. There are cheaper ways of obtaining gold - many on here would advocate sovereigns.

Personally I wouldnt be laying out the sort of money a 10g Pamp should cost unless I was absolutely certain it was genuine.

Good luck.

Hi there,

Thank you for that! Do you know anywhere I can obtain these sovereigns as a I have looked at eBay and they sell for high prices. 

any websites and sovereigns you recommend?

Kind regards

4 hours ago, Geovest said:

The security packaging of top bar has clearly been tampered with. Rather buy from a reputed dealer. Bullion by post, Gold.co.uk and Gold-bank have them in stock or ask on the forum if someone has one to sell. 

Also note that Pamp make bars with different designs, The one at the bottom, Lady Fortuna, is the most popular

Hi there ,

He is selling cheaper than the dealers prices hence why I wanted this, but the structure and shape of this gold bar seemed odd. 

2 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

@ilovesilverireallydo is selling a Pamp bar which is rare. It's the Rosa design and for the middle East market. 

At £485 I think it was I would be a buyer if the funds allowed. 

10g Pamp Rosa bar design .

Reducing it to 465 today :) 

30 minutes ago, muneeb said:

Hi there,

Thank you for that! Do you know anywhere I can obtain these sovereigns as a I have looked at eBay and they sell for high prices. 

any websites and sovereigns you recommend?

Kind regards

I stock a lot of sovereigns here bud. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

27 minutes ago, muneeb said:

Hi there ,

He is selling cheaper than the dealers prices hence why I wanted this, but the structure and shape of this gold bar seemed odd. 

Muneeb, Pamp bars are beautiful but expensive. It all depends on why you want to buy. If you want to stack gold and in smaller quantities, sovereigns are the best value with low premiums. This forum is a safe place to buy and plenty of good deals.

Remember, buying on eBay may be cheaper sometimes but there are lots of fakes around. For the inexperienced it is much safer to buy here or from a main dealer. A cheap fake is still a fake and worthless.

5 hours ago, Geovest said:

Muneeb, Pamp bars are beautiful but expensive. It all depends on why you want to buy. If you want to stack gold and in smaller quantities, sovereigns are the best value with low premiums. This forum is a safe place to buy and plenty of good deals.

Remember, buying on eBay may be cheaper sometimes but there are lots of fakes around. For the inexperienced it is much safer to buy here or from a main dealer. A cheap fake is still a fake and worthless.

Hi there,

ive just finished university and have spare money to spend. Around £2500-3000. Looking to invest in gold or in something I can make profit off in the long run or even short. Do you recommend certain sovereigns I can look at as I don’t have much knowledge on this? Appreciate your help.

Kind Regards

5 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Reducing it to 465 today :) 

I stock a lot of sovereigns here bud. 

Can you please kindly message me mate:)

3 hours ago, muneeb said:

Hi there,

ive just finished university and have spare money to spend. Around £2500-3000. Looking to invest in gold or in something I can make profit off in the long run or even short. Do you recommend certain sovereigns I can look at as I don’t have much knowledge on this? Appreciate your help.

Kind Regards

Can you please kindly message me mate:)

Atkinsons is generally a good place to buy from as postage is included £322 for 2+. Better to stick to bullion at this stage as it's low premium, easy to buy and sell. If you want to sell, you can sell here or dealers will buy it back at around spot gold price. Also look on the forum for good offers.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-uk-full-gold-sovereign-mixed-dates

Generally gold should be viewed as a longer term investment as it can move up or down in the short term

Good luck with your investments

4 hours ago, Geovest said:

Atkinsons is generally a good place to buy from as postage is included £322 for 2+. Better to stick to bullion at this stage as it's low premium, easy to buy and sell. If you want to sell, you can sell here or dealers will buy it back at around spot gold price. Also look on the forum for good offers.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-uk-full-gold-sovereign-mixed-dates

Generally gold should be viewed as a longer term investment as it can move up or down in the short term

Good luck with your investments

Hi there,

I bought the 1oz gold beast 2021 from Atkinsons. Their prices are very good in comparison to other dealers. I will have a look at your link. Thank you so much for your help.

regards