• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speechless

Hunter87

34 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

If you are responding to an existing post, it makes sense to use the "Quote" link below the post you are responding to, then everyone knows who you are replaying to and about what.

(And I am not very experienced in using forums).

Well in future I will use the "Quote comment" if I want to chat to you,I've only discovered this way of contacting people personally to ask/comment on posts.

Regards to you Mr Chard.

56 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I class the scammers on ebay as far worse, but I also accuse ebay of being worse, as not only do they host thousands of misleading listing daily, but they do so in the full knowledge of most that is happening on their site, as partly evidence by the slow response to about 20 reports on the 1841 sovereign listing by TSF members. I have reported many listing in the past, but it would probably need to have a vast army of volunteers checking and reporting daily, and even then, I doubt it would change ebay's policies. It would probably require considerable media adverse publicity to get any change.

I'm surprised that ebay have let it got so bad (not that I've used the place for years). I agree that it needs a media interest to stop it, and surprised no-one here has suggested or bothered to get in touch with the likes of the Mail etc during this period where they are talking about gold...it's not up to us to 'police' them for their questionable standards (though I admire those that do - I don't have time myself).

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I liked your comments and agree..but I have contacted you many times about different things..but have never had the decency of a reply..I guess this is because you may look at my profile....and do not believe I'm worth replying too..which is OK.. I'm not a member who has alot of feed back etc...I've only just recd the "rising star" medal which to u doesn't mean much..but would be nice to get a reply from you when I post a comment to you?? Again if I'm not worthy of your time I won't bother commenting on your posts...but would it be too much to ask for a reply....e.g asking you about the new Alice in wonderland coin that you bought and I asked what is was like in hand??? I didn't get an answer but its no problem..as compared to you and your experience and knowledge I guess I'm not worth a reply..maybe one day..when I have more experience you might reply to my messages

I've not received replies from Lawrence either, even when quoting, it's nothing to do with 'rank' I'm sure, don't take it personally :)

51 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

You probably want to delete that.

Whut?!! 🤣

42 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

If you are responding to an existing post, it makes sense to use the "Quote" link below the post you are responding to, then everyone knows who you are replaying to and about what.

(And I am not very experienced in using forums).

We know and we love you for it (that and your abrasive nature) :)

However you do need a dictionary so you can get your splleing right a bit more often :P

41 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Apologies if I come across rude..I've been told by a member of the forum to delete my message to you which I find hilarious as it seems there is a kind of "Freemasons or Illuminati " sect that mere mortals like me are not allowed to ask experienced  precmetals experts like you are not allowed to ask,comment on...( Hope you see the funny side of that)...

Regards.

P.s....Newcoins advised me to delete my post..God knows why. As I was just asking a question..hahaha

When you said "I liked your comments and agree", I still don't know whether that was referring to my comments, or to @NewCoins comments, or possibly someone else completely different.

I was just trying to pass on a helpful forum tip to make things clear. 🙂

Chards

13 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I'm surprised that ebay have let it got so bad (not that I've used the place for years). I agree that it needs a media interest to stop it, and surprised no-one here has suggested or bothered to get in touch with the likes of the Mail etc during this period where they are talking about gold...it's not up to us to 'police' them for their questionable standards (though I admire those that do - I don't have time myself).

I've not received replies from Lawrence either, even when quoting, it's nothing to do with 'rank' I'm sure, don't take it personally :)

Whut?!! 🤣

We know and we love you for it (that and your abrasive nature) :)

However you do need a dictionary so you can get your splleing right a bit more often :P

Actually my spelling is excellent, even if I say so myself. Sadly my fingers are dyslexic, or maybe they are so far behind my brain, that by the time I hit the keys, there is a mutli-sentence buffer zone running in excess of its capacity.

P.S. I can't tell you how my fingers reacted to "abrasive"! 🙂

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

It's not in mine! 🙂

Oh blimey, will someone with a sense of humour (and/or who is three tails to the wind - I am guessing that might help!) please come in and sort these clowns out? 🤣

Goodnight gentlemen, it's been 'interesting', never a dull moment around here - good wishes to all :)

8 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Why??? Its a fact..I'm not bothered to be honest....I talk to people on here and always get a reply..but this person who I realise is an important knowledable  member in the PM world and respect what they say...but is it too much to expect a reply???? When I ask a question, no I don't think so...if I'm wrong so be it...I'm just saying how I feel and if i/we can't say what we feel and try and get knowledge and experience from those who know more..what's the point of asking questions to give people like me more information  and what to look for in the big wide world of PM collecting...? Unless there is a hierarchy  of giving out information to certain members?

Asking why once would have been enough. I don't think it was necessary to ask 4 or so times more.

The reason I suggested you delete it, was it came across a bit like a drunk, jilted ex, at least to my ears.

The usual I have Pmed you, would appreciate if you could take a look would have been sufficient I imagine.

Thats just my opinion.

Edited by NewCoins

7 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I appreciate that..it wasn't for you..but Mr New coins who told me...."You better delete that comment"  is he the TERMINATOR..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I actually said, you probably want to delete that. Not sure why you feel the need to change what I actually said.

8 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Apologies if I come across rude..I've been told by a member of the forum to delete my message to you which I find hilarious as it seems there is a kind of "Freemasons or Illuminati " sect that mere mortals like me are not allowed to ask experienced  precmetals experts like you are not allowed to ask,comment on...( Hope you see the funny side of that)...

Regards.

P.s....Newcoins advised me to delete my post..God knows why. As I was just asking a question..hahaha

Speaking purely as a new member here, very much a newbie and still green when it comes to coins, I'm afraid your post, as it was written, did come across, not as "just asking a question" but as rude and whinging. It seems the me that the forum is friendly and welcoming.  I haven't, so far, detected a hierarchy, or at least not beyond that which you always get on all forums simply because some member genuinely are experts.  I have myself, in my short time here so far, posted a couple of questions, which were interesting to me, to which I didn't receive an answer.  I chalk it up to being so much of a newbie that my question itself is probably a stupid one.  But I'm learning!  Respectfully.  Eblend.

11 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Goodnight from Coco-the-clown.......🥳🥳🥳🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

I once read Coco the Clown, by Nicolai Poliakoff.

Another Coco the Clown works at the Blackpool Tower Circus. I photographed her on stilts a few years ago, and when I asked if she was related to Nicolai Poliakoff, she had never heard of him!

Chards

I think that when I come to buy my first gold coin, I’m going to give the likes of eBay a miss. 

I’ll turn to a reputable bullion dealer or the likes of you good folks on the forum 😊

The problem with eBay now is that the fakes (replicas) are prolific but worse still they are getting more convincing all the time.

Consider these offerings (actually sold as replicas), note the progression in the obverses:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224543756470?hash=item3447d9d0b6:g:GCIAAOSwAaFg9qjU

And

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224536419631?hash=item344769dd2f:g:0OwAAOSwLFFg7~yL

The reverses have been convincing for a while. The dud gold coinage will be much the same.

Scary really

6 minutes ago, Tafmeister said:

I think that when I come to buy my first gold coin, I’m going to give the likes of eBay a miss. 

I’ll turn to a reputable bullion dealer or the likes of you good folks on the forum 😊

I hope you were not ever seriously thinking about it!

Sounds like TSF have put you right.

I'm not sure it's possible to buy a gold coin on ebay, only gold-plated, fakes, etc.🙂

I’ll turn to a reputable bullion dealer or the likes of you good folks on the forum.

As long as you stick to the good ones.

Chards

30 minutes ago, Tafmeister said:

Deffinatly...If you can look at the coin before you buy,especially sovreigns...but if its something like a Gold Britannia for example stick with a reputable bullion dealer for your first purchase.

10 minutes ago, SidS said:

The problem with eBay now is that the fakes (replicas) are prolific but worse still they are getting more convincing all the time.

Consider these offerings (actually sold as replicas), note the progression in the obverses:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224543756470?hash=item3447d9d0b6:g:GCIAAOSwAaFg9qjU

And

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224536419631?hash=item344769dd2f:g:0OwAAOSwLFFg7~yL

The reverses have been convincing for a while. The dud gold coinage will be much the same.

Scary really

And they seem to be coming from the same seller who seems to have a bucket full of these C@#P coins..

Well that's because I just happened to find the 1850 shilling, knew it was a replica and then saw what else they were peddling, so it's no coincidence.

The problem is though, in the last 5 years there's been a rapid explosion in the populations of these kinds of 'coins', they are everywhere. That wasn't true ten years ago, they were the exception rather than the rule.

28 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I hope you were not ever seriously thinking about it!

Sounds like TSF have put you right.

I'm not sure it's possible to buy a gold coin on ebay, only gold-plated, fakes, etc.🙂

I’ll turn to a reputable bullion dealer or the likes of you good folks on the forum.

As long as you stick to the good ones.

Oh tbh given how much gold costs against the expendable capital I have, I couldn’t in good conscience buy off eBay - I’d worry too much! 😛

And yes, I’ve had a look through a few bullion dealers and believe them to be worth their weight - I hope! 

32 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Deffinatly...If you can look at the coin before you buy,especially sovreigns...but if its something like a Gold Britannia for example stick with a reputable bullion dealer for your first purchase.

Yes, I need to study up on the real and fakes. It kind of reminds of the endless spam / phishing e-mails you receive where there’s little errors here and there to look out for - defo getting more sophisticated… although I still do wonder how my dear uncle that has promised me his fortune in Nigeria is doing - still need to send him my bank dets 😉

8 minutes ago, Tafmeister said:

Oh tbh given how much gold costs against the expendable capital I have, I couldn’t in good conscience buy off eBay - I’d worry too much! 😛

And yes, I’ve had a look through a few bullion dealers and believe them to be worth their weight - I hope! 

I'm about 68 kilos. 

Works out about £2,857,320

I'm definitely underpriced. 🙂

Chards