• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speechless

Hunter87

There is too much negativity here, as the description says this an ultra rear proof 1841 gold sovereign. Due to being so rear you can see the lowe starting price and make offers. Is Thay the name of the person to source these fakes from ?

The good news is that the person that won the auction last time evidently didn't pay up and/or was a forum member stepping in to save the day.

Report this item please as well.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Or perhaps this person has many more of them..as I said before there is a person on ebay selling these for around £3.50 and seems to have quite a few on their (SELLERS OTHER ITEMS) list.... also they have decent feedback...which is curious maybe someone is buying them and trying to push them off as genuine...but you would have to come from a different planet if you think these are real😆😆😆 but one thing I've learnt in life there are some idiots out there and nothing surprises me anymore. Still don't like to see people getting ripped off even if they are complete Numptys🤪🤪🤪

I reported the day I saw it being advertisedon Ebay...trouble is there are many more coins...I've attached some photos..obviously no one on here is going to fall for them but maybe if you know some newbies who are just starting out you can give them the heads up...the person selling them are describing the majority of them as gold plated re-strikes and I'm not including their name as technically they are not doing anything wrong..its the individual who may have bought a few and is now trying to pass them off as originals who is the criminal....

Screenshot_20210720-190133_eBay.jpg

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

The good news is that the person that won the auction last time evidently didn't pay up and/or was a forum member stepping in to save the day.

Report this item please as well.

This time he is a bit confused as he titles it up as a full sovereign and then later in the listing he says it is a "half gold sovereign 1841."

Looking at the previous listing it says: 

Bidding has ended on this item. The seller has relisted this item or one like this

Report this fake

https://ocswf.ebay.co.uk/rti/compose?items=224541311736&seller=chriscow-43&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2566

image.png.d1fff405541fd0e7aa61c4853590980a.png

https://ocswf.ebay.co.uk/rti/compose?items=224541311736&seller=chriscow-43&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2566

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Let's face it..this seller has a few bats flying around his belfry, and a sandwich short of a picnic if he/she thinks they are going to make bundles of cash with these round objects....."can't call them sovreigns (Naturally) - they are going to be a tad disappointed. "🤣🤣🤣 .....It is one of the funniest things I've seen..just hoping no one really takes these coins seriously and gets their ass burned 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

31 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Let's face it..this seller has a few bats flying around his belfry, and a sandwich short of a picnic if he/she thinks they are going to make bundles of cash with these round objects....."can't call them sovreigns (Naturally) - they are going to be a tad disappointed. "🤣🤣🤣 .....It is one of the funniest things I've seen..just hoping no one really takes these coins seriously and gets their ass burned 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

This criminal stole £455 in the first sale shown here. The current listing is a new sale - another fake 'coin', it says in the sold listing "Bidding has ended on this item. The seller has relisted this item or one like this"

Or one like this b/c it is a new listing of another worthless copy. The previous one sold. He will keep listing these and making bundles of cash.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

😡😡😡😡it's 50/50 the seller of these c**p,worthless coins has about 15 of these that they are selling...but its the buyer/buyers that are buying them and selling them as originals..they are both to blame and its only my moral belief that cannot name and shame the original seller but if this keeps up I will..I've contacted the seller asking them to delete these fake coins but so far I'm being ignored......😠😠😠😠😠

18 hours ago, Relm said:

I was taken in by a scammer on ebay when I first started.  They weren't as blatant as this so I have little empathy for the scum who pull this sort of thing or those that defend them with "people should know better" etc

To be fair we are not talking a few quid here . We are not defending anyone. But if someone wants to spend hundreds of pounds on a coin then surely they would do some research first  ? I think someone with zero knowledge of Sovereigns could work out this is a dreadful fake within minutes. More than likely people get greedy , see a £15000 for £400 and think they are so smart they'll have that. That's not to say there are some really good fakes out there, but this is just comical .

Edited by pricha