• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speechless

Hunter87

1 minute ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Some is going to be very pee'd off when that comes through the post....😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

Or just have no idea.  And take it to a dealer a year later.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, Chorlton said:

I won 😁

Now to get it graded and sell for £15,000, thanks for the tip people 🤑

Chinese non PM sovereigns go for big bucks now.

NGC do the ‘Rear of the Year’ label for this rear coin - if you get that designation the coin can fetch up to 70 pence at auction

i went to make a last minute bid on something and it was declined . " we need to validate your account, please ring this number " ?  To be honest i'm quite happy to quit eBay now. I can find cheaper , better value items on the forum and Coin Cabinet auction .

Ebay now is just awful...saying that yes,you have a wide selection of good and bad items....but when it comes to PM's You have to be careful...very careful and know your stuff and know your sellers....Years ago when I joined Ebay in 1999 I don't think China had realised there was a site to sell their C#@P and fake items...but now we are overwhelmed with C@#P from China....ebay don't care about fakes although they always insist they are doing alot to stop people selling fakes on their site....BS in big buckets.....these Chinese factories that sell thousands of inferior products are money in the bank for Ebay so they will never delete their accounts..give them warnings..delete their items..fake,dangerous items especially electrical S#@T that you plug in and blows up and your going to be lucky if it doesn't send your hand flying across the room...but now and for years....the fake Gold n Silver Britannia's/ASE's,Pandas,Kooks etc are flooding Ebay more and more....for any newbies....Dont buy PM's from Ebay unless its from a reputable dealer with a very high feedback...even then its a gamble....Buy from the TSF or Bullion dealers here in the UK...and if your not sure..Google.. ask questions on here....but if you buy from Ebay and I'm talking Gold n Silver PM's....remember you might not receive what you was expecting....over n out..🙂🙂

What's all the fuss about?!  It's difficult to have any sympathy with anyone who believes this is a real sovereign, as no attempt has been made to make it look real, IMO. However, the obverse image of Queen Victoria with the long nose is remarkably similar to  Marsh 360/361; the Sydney 1855/56 'Australia' sovereign engraved by James Wyon. This design was pretty awful as well, and 'failed to meet with approval'  In 1857 it was redesigned by James' cousin Leonard Wyon. O.K. there's a bit of sour grapes here as I don't have one in my collection! 

Not sure I blame eBay entirely for this one.

7 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

What's all the fuss about?!  It's difficult to have any sympathy with anyone who believes this is a real sovereign, as no attempt has been made to make it look real, IMO. However, the obverse image of Queen Victoria with the long nose is remarkably similar to  Marsh 360/361; the Sydney 1855/56 'Australia' sovereign engraved by James Wyon. This design was pretty awful as well, and 'failed to meet with approval'  In 1857 it was redesigned by James' cousin Leonard Wyon. O.K. there's a bit of sour grapes here as I don't have one in my collection! 

Not sure I blame eBay entirely for this one.

I agree any buyer who was fooled by that deserves to lose money as it was blatant . On the other hand at least a dozen people from the forum reported the item a fake and what happened ? Nothing. Now that can't be excused .

15 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

In my opinion, it would absolutely be the right thing to do, but it is almost certainly in breach of ebay's rules, T&C's etc.

"Thou shall not cause ebay to lose any listing or other fees"

Apart from that, we are probably talking about proberbial water off a duck's back. Unless ebay bosses are total morons, they must be all too well aware that ebay is probably the world's biggest market for fraudulent or stolen items.

Do I sound cynical? No, just experienced and pragmatic.

The OP said "Speechless". I am not in the slightest surprised. 🙂

Agree totally except Alibaba should be considered the world's biggest market for fake goods...........these then end up on Ebay.

3 hours ago, pricha said:

I agree any buyer who was fooled by that deserves to lose money as it was blatant . On the other hand at least a dozen people from the forum reported the item a fake and what happened ? Nothing. Now that can't be excused .

This guy here is getting very frustrated by eBay's attitude. As he puts it, you can list fake items as real, and eBay is totally happy with that. However if you list a fake item as fake, they pull it down!

1oz Solid Silver Scottsdale Bar, Real Or Fake Please Read Full Description.