• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speechless

Hunter87

1 minute ago, pricha said:

To be fair the seller has been told it's a re strike but is still selling it. He has offered to retract any bids but still £350 😆

Not all..there are some being advertised as gold plated...very low bids,but some people might see gold plated and bid up thinking they are getting a bargain,when really it's only brass with gold paint, probably..🤔🤔🤔🤔

On 23/07/2021 at 11:25, Tafmeister said:

I think that when I come to buy my first gold coin, I’m going to give the likes of eBay a miss. 

I’ll turn to a reputable bullion dealer or the likes of you good folks on the forum 😊

If your carful there is some great deals on Ebay when it comes to buying gold coins. Do some research on the seller before you bid, do some digging into their feedback and selling / buying history , study the pictures carefully , make sure you are bidding on the actual coin that will be sent. Ask your self has this year and type of coin got a history of being faked. If there is any red flags keep well away.

The Silver Forum is still the best place to buy though 👍

30 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

If your carful there is some great deals on Ebay when it comes to buying gold coins. Do some research on the seller before you bid, do some digging into their feedback and selling / buying history , study the pictures carefully , make sure you are bidding on the actual coin that will be sent. Ask your self has this year and type of coin got a history of being faked. If there is any red flags keep well away.

The Silver Forum is still the best place to buy though 👍

100% agree with you..but there are a few people on ebay with very good feedback to watch e.g the person selling these c**p coins has high feedback...So you still have to be very careful when buying any PM's from Ebay unless you really trust the seller...and to be honest you are going to get better prices from here on TSF or bullion dealers as the premiums sellers are putting on their coins is ridiculous 🙄🙄 

Also, he left positive feedback for the buyer of the ultra rear sovereign....

Called the buyer a time waster and scammer....oh the irony!

984951841_ebay2.thumb.jpg.40f559d98f7673e44150e0e747a771b3.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

7 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Its such a shame he lost or broke his £15,000 valued ultra rear sovereign

556254896_ebay3.jpg.ff8882de725ce18758c46ef492c27bda.jpg

😡😡 not the seller I saw knocking out c#@p coins...must be catching on with others now. I don't like seeing this but you have to be blind to think these are real 😎😎🥺🥺

I'm going to unfollow this thread now as I feel a bit of a stalker. Had a quick look at the his/hers buying feedback. The do buy from coin dealers so there must be some interest there, they like a bit of fitness and quite partial to some indoor plant growing, buying up the hydrophonic plant food and extractors (must have read about it somewhere)

Just putting it out there but this "may" have been a case of eBay quick listings app and being lazy. I have bought from people before that generally didn't know what they were selling wasn't silver.

🥲

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Interestingly our Ultra Rear sovereign seller has changed his username on eBay

ebay.thumb.jpg.74713f0d6a67894bf0da976d8b3d0c21.jpg

With that name change you can see why they got rid of the Mens blue pills, Seems they prefer something more off the peg.   

Like I said before on this thread, I enjoy noodling through ebay bulk lot listings looking for potential numismatic bargains and i've never seen so many blatent fakes

Take the 1,2 & 5 Sov in this lot... 21 bids

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265240300826

Seller even says they are restrikes/facsimilie in the description, but whats the odds these 3 coins find themselves being resold on Ebay?

1 hour ago, metallica73 said:

Like I said before on this thread, I enjoy noodling through ebay bulk lot listings looking for potential numismatic bargains and i've never seen so many blatent fakes

Take the 1,2 & 5 Sov in this lot... 21 bids

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265240300826

Seller even says they are restrikes/facsimilie in the description, but whats the odds these 3 coins find themselves being resold on Ebay?

This is a scam listing that has been going on for many years in the same format . Many people bid without reading a description or hoping that the seller dosnt know the value of the coins being listed 🙈

He has 20 other similar listings with lots of fakes coins in the tin 

Edited by Midasfrog

1 minute ago, SidS said:

The tins worth more than the coins often. Sadly, some of these 'coins in a tin' listing blatantly state that the tin is not included, shame...

Yes the tin is used as a prop to set the scene of the scam , seen in  his other listings 

I can confirm that the eBay Sovereign seller is indeed a charlatan - and not just for gold! I bought his mens blue pills for 12.99 - these turned out to blue M&Ms. I'm taking him to small claims court. Touch wood his defence won't stand up.

17 minutes ago, MattyBoo said:

I can confirm that the eBay Sovereign seller is indeed a charlatan - and not just for gold! I bought his mens blue pills for 12.99 - these turned out to blue M&Ms. I'm taking him to small claims court. Touch wood his defence won't stand up.

Neither will yours...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There is not sugar coating it. You have to be a complete MUG to buy off eBay if you don't know what you're looking at.

Not being mean, but how utterly stupid do you need to be !!!  Its akin to those cretinous women that get mugged off for 10s of  Ks by lover 'Stavros'  in Greece. Lol 

• 4 weeks later...

It would appear the original seller mentioned on this thread has found himself another "Ultra Rear Coin"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Great-Britain-Gold-Guinea-King-George-III-1787-1799-ULTRA-REAR-HIGH-DEMAND/224590490500

Ultra Rear.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

It would appear the original seller mentioned on this thread has found himself another "Ultra Rear Coin"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Great-Britain-Gold-Guinea-King-George-III-1787-1799-ULTRA-REAR-HIGH-DEMAND/224590490500

Nothing Ultra about the rear of this coin imo. You'd think that for very rare coins you'd at least try to give some information. Why does it note 1787-1799 if the picture indicates 1788. I hope people won't fall for this one but you'll never know I guess

On 03/08/2021 at 23:05, MattyBoo said:

Will your opening line in court go something like this?

”Your honour, I’ve come here today to stand before you....” 😬