• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beast 2021 Silver Kilo Completer Coin

I bought mine direct from RM when what I assume was the "first batch"

- No marks or any other issues - I suspect it's a possibility, once again, since so many people have these now, the high demand for this both direct and from bullion agents/re-sellers has been such that RM have lost the plot on QC - again ....

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

Maybe interesting for those finding scratches on the coin in the capsule, found on the German dealer site:

- Update 1.9: Kilo Silver Completer: Here the Mint has problems with the coin capsule. The Mint noticed that the capsule touches the kilo coin and a solution to the problem is currently being sought. Because of this, there will unfortunately be a certain delay again.

19 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

I fail to understand the comment about the capsule touching the coin.  Of course it does, unless their is zero gravity in the capsule and the coin is floating!

When I received mine I did actually wonder whether the capsule was rubbing the Queen's face. The cheek of it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/10/2021 at 13:01, MonkeysUncle said:

These have been minted again and deliveries to dealers are ongoing.

BBP currently have stock.

Cheers.  I bought one today from BBP.
But then I looked on Atkinsons and realised they also have them at the moment, and £3 cheaper!  Ah well...

So if anyone wants one - try Atkinsons first.  But the prices are pretty comparable and the spot price is lower than it was back in July, so in my simple head today, it's a bargain 😉

On 18/10/2021 at 17:49, JN1330 said:

Does anyone know if Atkinsons actually have physical stock or if this is for pre-orders? The mint told me these would be available early January 2022. 

The Mint doesn't know it's backside from it's elbow. 

I would guess Atkinson have stock as they are not in the business of hacking customers off. Phone 'em to check.

BBP still have stock as of 5 minutes ago (just bought some more and didn't clear them out like last time!!!) They're 3 pounds a coin more. I can live with that.

Awesome photo 😃

My single kilo Completer Beast arrived yesterday from BBP.  It's a massive cylinder of a coin and carries some real visual heft.

Personally I think its proportions are a little out of kilter.  I would have preferred a wider diameter coin of lower thickness which to me would have looked more coin-like and even more visually spectacular.  I love the proportions of the 10 oz coins, whereas this kilo coin is over 3 times heavier but only just over 1 cm wider in diameter.

Still - bravo Royal Mint, and bravo Bullion By Post.  My particular coin appears to be well-struck and I'm very happy with it.

6 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Awesome photo 😃

My single kilo Completer Beast arrived yesterday from BBP.  It's a massive cylinder of a coin and carries some real visual heft.

Personally I think its proportions are a little out of kilter.  I would have preferred a wider diameter coin of lower thickness which to me would have looked more coin-like and even more visually spectacular.  I love the proportions of the 10 oz coins, whereas this kilo coin is over 3 times heavier but only just over 1 cm wider in diameter.

Still - bravo Royal Mint, and bravo Bullion By Post.  My particular coin appears to be well-struck and I'm very happy with it.

I do love these larger coins..only thing that puts me off is the liquidity when selling.

If its a coin you want to keep or pass on to future generations great..but if its something you want to sell in a few years gonna be a wait to get the buyer who wants this...liquidity is the king when selling and smaller denominations are the way for me but that's just my personal opinion....as I said I love these chunks but don't think I'd ever purchase one..just because of liquidity..

Regards.

I'm keeping mine for the foreseeable future and don't intend buying any more kilo silver bullion coins.

If they make this coin in the 10 oz size I will add it to my collection/stack.

I think owners of these kilo coins will do quite well with them if they want to sell them in 2+ years' time (that is, at least a year after the are no longer available to buy new).  It's an iconic coin and the first of its type, and personally I think it is pretty reasonably priced.

2 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I'm keeping mine for the foreseeable future and don't intend buying any more kilo silver bullion coins.

If they make this coin in the 10 oz size I will add it to my collection/stack.

I think owners of these kilo coins will do quite well with them if they want to sell them in 2+ years' time (that is, at least a year after the are no longer available to buy new).  It's an iconic coin and the first of its type, and personally I think it is pretty reasonably priced.

May I ask how much these are

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

The only other kilo coins I'm aware of are the Aussie ones. Never seen one in the flesh, never mind owned one. Hope to put that right someday! I do like the size, I can see and appreciate the detail of the design - I can't on the 1oz coins without a magnifying glass.

As for liquidity I've shifted kilo bars on ebay without issue - if you price stuff as per market conditions it will sell. Obviously you've got to be significantly below reputable dealers price otherwise why would anyone want to buy off an unknown quantity with limited comeback. 

Hopefully the premium in the Beast will reflect in future sale prices in a few years time. I've stacked mine as a long term keeper to be sold off in retirement should the need arise. Which is true of pretty much all my stack, I'm in for the long run rather than the quick flip.

5 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

They are a whisker under £900 today from Atkinsons or BBP, including UK VAT and UK special delivery.

I paid just under £874 for mine at the weekend from BBP, Atkinsons price was £871.

Bbp are a good company but always.......charge more than other dealers 🙄