• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beast 2021 Silver Kilo Completer Coin

6 minutes ago, Coverte said:

September delivery - that's interesting, seemingly they're going to make an awful lot of these.

I would say they are milking this release, but RM do that with every silver coin 😅

78av.gif

Just now, SilverDrum said:

I would say they are milking this release, but RM do that with every silver coin 😅

I fully agree - I just wish they would release the 10oz bullion one so I can close the door on those coins.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

7 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I disagree, they already came out with the design, yes that is somewhat milking it but minting a bullion edition coin to demand is pretty standard practice for any mint. 

Its testament to how good this design is and how popular it is in this size is all!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

I disagree, they already came out with the design, yes that is somewhat milking it but minting a bullion edition coin to demand is pretty standard practice for any mint. 

Its testament to how good this design is and how popular it is in this size is all!

I was mainly referring to the milk spots on so many of the coins 😇

Felt like a bit of "FOMO" from the initial batch being sold out. As you say its another bullion coin, not on a limited run like the proof side of the business. So should be kept in stock for the time being. They are one of the better priced products from them right now, and it's a CGT free kilo which i like! 

Does anyone ever have a clear date of how long they will be made for? 

78av.gif

3 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I was mainly referring to the milk spots on so many of the coins 😇

Felt like a bit of "FOMO" from the initial batch being sold out. As you say its another bullion coin, not on a limited run like the proof side of the business. So should be kept in stock for the time being. They are one of the better priced products from them right now, and it's a CGT free kilo which i like! 

Does anyone ever have a clear date of how long they will be made for? 

Ah, yeah then totally the RM is "milking it" 🙂 

I would imagine it will be at least a 6 month run

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Received  my 1kg silver completer from BBP and i can safely say i wont be buying from BullionBuyPost ever again.....

I know my 1kg is a bullion coin but i don't expect a newly issued coin to have huge scratches/ patches where it looks like someones dropped it.. i have never had a new bullion

coin in such a bad state, next time ill stick with Atkinsons...

Lesson Learnt 😥

Edited by OldmanBill

32 minutes ago, OldmanBill said:

Received  my 1kg silver completer from BBP and i can safely say i wont be buying from BullionBuyPost ever again.....

I know my 1kg is a bullion coin but i don't expect a newly issued coin to have huge scratches/ patches where it looks like someones dropped it.. i have never had a new bullion

Lesson Learnt 😥

Do you have any pictures you can share? 

2 hours ago, OldmanBill said:

Lesson Learnt 😥

Sad to hear, but not a dealers fault. They can't throw low quality bullion products in the trash. Those coins come like this from the mint, dealers and customers couldn't send bullion back to the mint for some scratches, as long it is 1 Kilo fine silver. This can happen with every bullion order at any dealer. I don't think, that they watch a lot for quality, before sending bullion out. I have no experience with bbp, but problems like this with bullion products can happen with any order at any dealer.

Edited by dikefalos

3 hours ago, wilson18 said:

Do you have any pictures you can share? 

No sorry, but it looked like the queen had been eating donuts and got jam all over her face, the gouges were deep enough i could feel them with my finger :)

I was contacted within 20mins of me posting about it on trust pilot. Robert the manager rung me and they asked me to send it back, they have contacted RM and they had one in stock which they are replacing free of charge and refunding my postage

I must say after my initial disappointment i am more than happy with the prompt solution to this problem.

Edited by OldmanBill

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

Sad to hear, but not a dealers fault. They can't throw low quality bullion products in the trash. Those coins come like this from the mint, dealers and customers couldn't send bullion back to the mint for some scratches, as long it is 1 Kilo fine silver. This can happen with every bullion order at any dealer. I don't think, that they watch a lot for quality, before sending bullion out. I have no experience with bbp, but problems like this with bullion products can happen with any order at any dealer.

I understand this and as i explained to them i would have been fine with a few small scratches on bullion, but honestly this was way more than that. I honestly didn't expect them to do anything so im happy to get a new replacement free of charge. So we all good, btw for information the next batch the royal mint is doing is November so BBP said.

I used Bullion By Post for a few big orders before I realised they were more expensive than their competitors (even their sister company!). I was very pleased with my first purchases of 'any year' gold bullion which came in perfect condition (which I didn't expect tbh). My only problem came when I ordered some 'best value Grade A' silver, which arrived in a terrible state. I phoned up to complain as I'd paid a premium of 80p per coin (more fool me) and the rude (for once, usually they were pretty good) chap told me basically 'it's bullion tough luck'. I was going to follow it up but more important things came up, so I just stopped using them.

I don't believe they offer 'Grade A' any more - it's the default choice. The problem is they do still offer Grade B bullion: 'Sometimes we have new 1oz silver coins available from our stocks that have been marked, scratched, or discoloured. We are happy to offer these coins at a significantly discounted premium.' So with that caveat, what is one meant to expect from any product with no disclaimer?

I'm happy just not to use them anymore, they are generally far too expensive anyway.

2 hours ago, OldmanBill said:

No sorry, but it looked like the queen had been eating donuts and got jam all over her face, the gouges were deep enough i could feel them with my finger :)

I was contacted within 20mins of me posting about it on trust pilot. Robert the manager rung me and they asked me to send it back, they have contacted RM and they had one in stock which they are replacing free of charge and refunding my postage

I must say after my initial disappointment i am more than happy with the prompt solution to this problem.

Thats an amazing description, I love it haha. Thats pretty great customer service, its reassuring to hear. 

What we may have underestimated here is the effect of the rolling staff shortages on the additional supply of theses coins and to be frank others. I agree that the RM  well intends to milk this one but market supply and demand of labour and also materials (silver)  may dictate otherwise least in the shorter term. Just a thought   

My beasties landed courtesy of UPS today. They look good in @BackyardBullion youtube video but way better in the flesh. 

Thankfully the Queen must have finished her donuts and licked the jam up before appearing on my coins.

They're really well packaged by the half dozen in monster boxes - not that I've got a half dozen (at least not yet!), with pairs of coins in capsules shrink wrapped onto heavy card backing.

Definitely definitely worth the premium over the cost of a kilo silver bar in my opinion.

Edited by MonkeysUncle

On 16/07/2021 at 10:20, OldmanBill said:

Lesson Learnt 😥

I am afraid bullion is not guaranteed perfect and it is bad luck if your coin looks in less than pristine condition.
However when a coin is sold from the mint inside a capsule you don't expect to see marks, scuffs and dings.
That's down to quality control - or lack of it - when we compare the Royal Mint with e.g. the Perth Mint.

My 1kg Completer arrived this morning from Atkinsons ( I mention this because you did .. )
I was in two minds to call them but I knew I would be wasting my time because it is after all bullion and not badly marked.

Under direct illumination the reverse shows a cloudy haze and a few spots so maybe this is going to milk.
Also in some sectors hairline scratches.
On the obverse the highest point of the queen's cheek is marked and there is a faint stain on her neck.

I can tilt the coin to conceal these blemishes but if I was ever to sell I would feel obliged to mention them.
Disappointed - absolutely - but unfortunately I cannot be bothered with the hassle of complaining as it would fall on stony ground.

Interesting that the face value of the 1kg silver coin is £500 whereas a 1 oz gold coin costing about 50% more only has a face value of £100.
Wonder if there is a legal challenge opportunity to force a swap of a 1 kg silver "completer" for 5 x gold 1oz completer coins ?

Edited by Pete
typo

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of getting a few more of these. The premium over a kilo bar is now getting a bit silly though: BBP have Prioksky bars on sale at nearly £100 less than the Beast - about 12% cheaper if my brain can do it's sums. Still, they are beautiful. :)

5 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

I'm thinking of getting a few more of these. The premium over a kilo bar is now getting a bit silly though: BBP have Prioksky bars on sale at nearly £100 less than the Beast - about 12% cheaper if my brain can do it's sums. Still, they are beautiful. :)

Not gonna lie, the mere fact that it's a £500 coin and weighs a kilogram was enough to make me go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine from a dealer the other day. Could I ask for opinions on this? I made sure to have a proper look at the coin due to some previous comments.

The coin is fine (and nice)! except for what I took a photo of, the Queen's head, it's a shame it's on a large prominent area. Does this look like normal bullion marks or milk spots or the like?

The image it looks worst on was in a room with spotlights in the ceiling. So it kind of looks worse than a 'normal look'. Second is next to a window to try to get a natural light photo and a more normal look but the light had gone a bit.

I'm still relatively new to silver so don't really know what it is. I've bought a few 1oz and 2oz coins though without this kind of issue on any of them. I am wondering if I should contact the dealer. 

The coin arrived wrapped in some tissue paper inside the capsule which I was surprised about as well

IMG_26533.jpg

IMG_2672[6936].jpg

Edited by EliteNeo

11 hours ago, EliteNeo said:

Received mine from a dealer the other day. Could I ask for opinions on this? I made sure to have a proper look at the coin due to some previous comments.

The coin is fine (and nice)! except for what I took a photo of, the Queen's head, it's a shame it's on a large prominent area. Does this look like normal bullion marks or milk spots or the like?

The image it looks worst on was in a room with spotlights in the ceiling. So it kind of looks worse than a 'normal look'. Second is next to a window to try to get a natural light photo and a more normal look but the light had gone a bit.

I'm still relatively new to silver so don't really know what it is. I've bought a few 1oz and 2oz coins though without this kind of issue on any of them. I am wondering if I should contact the dealer. 

The coin arrived wrapped in some tissue paper inside the capsule which I was surprised about as well

4 hours ago, DaKine said:

Mine too came with extensive "milk spotting" but not too bad with the abrasions on Liz's cheek. From Pinehurst Coins.

From what I have seen, most seem to have some sort of marks on the Queen's cheek.