• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

TODAY I SENT BACK!

15 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Just a thought when the queen Carks it and she  doesn't own the beasts, so is it not annoying that more than likely there will be a kings beast release 

With 11 (out of 10) to collect?

On 03/07/2021 at 19:28, Paul said:

"Today I sent back to royal mint" this should be renamed :)

I wanted to show impartiality, I've not seen any Perth Mint silvers have issues.   I don't know why they just don't buy the equipment and staff from other mints who produce high quality coins, it can't be that hard.  

After a long wait received the 1oz gold proof Queens Beast Completer coin today. Interesting that it was the quality controlled “QC” sticker.

However there is a massive “smudge” on the Queens portrait which you can easily see with the naked eye.

EF3C4FD4-49C5-4B08-A707-4E0185FD49C5.jpeg

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

39 minutes ago, CoinStruck said:

After a long wait received the 1oz gold proof Queens Beast Completer coin today. Interesting that it was the quality controlled “QC” sticker.

However there is a massive “smudge” on the Queens portrait which you can easily see with the naked eye.

Looks like somebody’s spilt their dinner on it.

11 hours ago, CoinStruck said:

I know us coin collectors can be fussy, but how's that got through QC?  The Queen looks like she's been clubbed in the head with an Iron bar! 

On 03/07/2021 at 18:55, NewCoins said:

My view would be, which likely isn't theirs, they should be doing everything they can to make it right.

I can't sit here and say I won't be a customer anymore but, I am now wise to that fact that buying a proof set, will likely result in a low hit rate.

That's just not good enough from a customers perspective 

Why not i haven't bought anything direct from the royal mint in years. Between their pricing, quality control and customer service. Often it is cheaper to buy from a dealer and will check their stock before sending out to a customer.

Older rm coins are in much better condition that these new proofs. Remember Proof refers to the type of finish not the quality for finish. 

On 07/07/2021 at 08:27, GoldDiggerDave said:

I wanted to show impartiality, I've not seen any Perth Mint silvers have issues.   I don't know why they just don't buy the equipment and staff from other mints who produce high quality coins, it can't be that hard.  

Quite a few years ago the Perth Mint did have issues with their coins mostly milk spots. It took a while for the problem to be resolved but it was delt with. The rm obviously doesn't care!

The Canadian Mint also had a very bad problem with their milk spots too! I'd like to think that they sorted it too but we have to wait and see. Time will tell.

Sorting the problems costs money!!!

On 07/07/2021 at 09:48, CoinStruck said:

I think that the QC sticker applies to the capsule it’s stuck on. There can’t be a QC department checking the coins. That’s what we have to do.

I can understand that once you've invested at the start of a coin series it could be a difficult decision to stop. I made that decision at the begining of the queens beasts, At first i did regret the decision but now with the constant criticism i now feel vindicated in doing so. Quality in silver can be so short lived with manufacturing errors, milk spotting and tarnishing. Other mints show how the manufacturing errors can be eliminated. The royal australian mint (RAM), the perth mint, the people's republic of china (Panda's) and mexican mint (Libertads) all have seriously good reputations with quality at the moment.

18 minutes ago, StackemHigh said:

I can understand that once you've invested at the start of a coin series it could be a difficult decision to stop. I made that decision at the begining of the queens beasts, At first i did regret the decision but now with the constant criticism i now feel vindicated in doing so. Quality in silver can be so short lived with manufacturing errors, milk spotting and tarnishing. Other mints show how the manufacturing errors can be eliminated. The royal australian mint (RAM), the perth mint, the people's republic of china (Panda's) and mexican mint (Libertads) all have seriously good reputations with quality at the moment.

The RAM has really nice designs, especially the last 2 years. But they have also serious problems with milk spots on their BU's. The Perth Mint is disappointing me with many of  their designs in the last couple years. The Mexican Mint has in my eyes nothing to do with quality, they propably has to drink a bottle Tequila before quality checking the coins, just look at the NGC Census or PCGS POP report. I've seen so many garbage 2020 Libertads in Proof and BU, compared with the price absolutely unbelieveable. 

I don't understand the problem of the RM to fix at least the milk spot problem. Tarnishing is not a problem, its silver. With some of the nicest coin designs it's a shame to deliver coins like the 2 OZ QB Set.    

• 2 weeks later...

My 2nd Matt SOTD sovereign is going back.  I'm done with Matt sovereigns.  Good luck to those who managed to get a problem free coin.  I have sent back more than I have kept.  I have a 1902 matt proof with less issues. 

st5.jpeg

If anyone has sent back the 1/4oz QB Silver Proof set, please can you confirm the CoA? Like others, I am still waiting for my first set to arrive - I was told it was part of the second batch and should be sent out in August. I just want to take care that I am not taking delivery of a set that one of you have returned! I will of course check the set - I just want to have an idea of the CoA's too.

Cheers!

On 22/07/2021 at 14:38, AndrewSL76 said:

If anyone has sent back the 1/4oz QB Silver Proof set, please can you confirm the CoA? Like others, I am still waiting for my first set to arrive - I was told it was part of the second batch and should be sent out in August. I just want to take care that I am not taking delivery of a set that one of you have returned! I will of course check the set - I just want to have an idea of the CoA's too.

Cheers!

Clever idea Andrew.

On 22/07/2021 at 14:30, GoldDiggerDave said:

My 2nd Matt SOTD sovereign is going back.  I'm done with Matt sovereigns.  Good luck to those who managed to get a problem free coin.  I have sent back more than I have kept.  I have a 1902 matt proof with less issues. 

Bad luck Dave. No wonder you started this thread! Maybe concentrate more on your collection of Victoria sovs?

13 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

Bad luck Dave. No wonder you started this thread! Maybe concentrate more on your collection of Victoria sovs?

I’m happier buying bullion sovereigns as it removes the stress that comes with modern proof coins. Modern proof sovereigns for the most part are bulletproof., though I’m at that mental block stage with the price. £600+ is bonkers expensive IMO.

11 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’m happier buying bullion sovereigns as it removes the stress that comes with modern proof coins. Modern proof sovereigns for the most part are bulletproof., though I’m at that mental block stage with the price. £600+ is bonkers expensive IMO.

One of the many reasons I prefer buying Shields at a premium especially when they are “unusual” or Gillicks to stack.  

Proof Silver and Gold is a pain for me….

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 08/07/2021 at 22:54, StackemHigh said:

Quite a few years ago the Perth Mint did have issues with their coins mostly milk spots. It took a while for the problem to be resolved but it was delt with. The rm obviously doesn't care!

The Canadian Mint also had a very bad problem with their milk spots too! I'd like to think that they sorted it too but we have to wait and see. Time will tell.

Sorting the problems costs money!!!

I've always believed the Perth mint is the finest mint in the world...(And I'm not Australian)...