• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

6 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@BackyardBullion If you have not done already please could you do I post where we can keep track of the progress with the mint?

So, my own return is not happening because I was very fortunate to get a replacement Quintuple from another member who has got some issues with his own set. He very kindly offered to complete my set in return for checking over his replacement when he is out of the country. 

So I can share what I know of that as and when it happens. 

What I can also say right now is that with any return the mint cannot really definitively tell anyone what the outcome will be until they get the coins back. 

If you are going to return something I would highly recommend contacting the Royal Mint customer services team and confirming that you would like a REPLACEMENT or at very least your original coin back (unless it is a pile of dog poo) Otherwise there might be a chance that you will end up with a refund in due course. 

I was told that if a coin was deemed to be way under the expected quality then they would look to remint these issues where possible - but the proof is in the pudding. 

Stand up for your returns and keep insisting the Royal Mint get it right - that way we can actually make tangible progress with the mint QC rather than just mindless barking at one another on the internet. 

Remember, if you speak to anyone at customer services or reply to emails, do so politely and respectfully - these people are there to help.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

21 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So, my own return is not happening because I was very fortunate to get a replacement Quintuple from another member who has got some issues with his own set. He very kindly offered to complete my set in return for checking over his replacement when he is out of the country. 

So I can share what I know of that as and when it happens. 

What I can also say right now is that with any return the mint cannot really definitively tell anyone what the outcome will be until they get the coins back. 

If you are going to return something I would highly recommend contacting the Royal Mint customer services team and confirming that you would like a REPLACEMENT or at very least your original coin back (unless it is a pile of dog poo) Otherwise there might be a chance that you will end up with a refund in due course. 

I was told that if a coin was deemed to be way under the expected quality then they would look to remint these issues where possible - but the proof is in the pudding. 

Stand up for your returns and keep insisting the Royal Mint get it right - that way we can actually make tangible progress with the mint QC rather than just mindless barking at one another on the internet. 

Remember, if you speak to anyone at customer services or reply to emails, do so politely and respectfully - these people are there to help.

In the pudding, but not the coin apparently 😂

15 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Exec Email - Royal Mint Loose Capsule Feedback Update

So, for those that haven't caught up I sent an email to the CEO and head of operations yesterday.

I had a very prompt response from the Exec team and they promised an update within 24 hours. 

Whilst the update is not necessarily that useful it is nice that they are keeping the lines of communication open. 

Also for context I sent them a follow up email today with a picture of the loose capsule on my half Sovereign and also feedback on the QC sticker being on the capsule. 

Here is their response today:

Hello and thank you for sending this to me.

I have ensured this quality issue which again, I must apologise for, is being investigated alongside the first issue you raised yesterday.  Your point in terms of the QC sticker is not acceptable so will be added as a secondary investigation.

I am copying this email with the Head of Customer Services and who is leading the review with our cross functional teams.

Thank you for sending this to me, its so important that this feedback is acted on and I cannot thank you enough for your very swift commitment with feedback to The Royal Mint.

Best wishes and I have just checked myself on the outcomes of the last 24 hours which the Head of Customer Services will be able to provide to us in due course.

Hopefully more updates tomorrow or next week!

It would be great of this causes an actual change in the QC process at the mint. It is a shame because it's the one area they fall foul on, but is probably the most important aspect of what they do due to the products they are selling. Good effort there B 👏

52 minutes ago, Connor said:

It would be great of this causes an actual change in the QC process at the mint. It is a shame because it's the one area they fall foul on, but is probably the most important aspect of what they do due to the products they are selling. Good effort there B 👏

It might just make next year's Sovereigns even more expensive 😃

26 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

It might just make next year's Sovereigns even more expensive 😃

Reassuringly expensive, I’ve heard that somewhere before 🍺 

😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just got home..parcel from RM..took my time to open...Packaging great! Capsule in tact coin looks fantastic under lupe cannot see any problems so very happy..QC sticker came off with no problem but rather have it on the box or c.o.a but not a problem..feel lucky that there are no problems ...

20211125_110300.jpg

20211125_211129.jpg

20211125_211118.jpg

20211125_205251.jpg

12 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Just got home..parcel from RM..took my time to open...Packaging great! Capsule in tact coin looks fantastic under lupe cannot see any problems so very happy..QC sticker came off with no problem but rather have it on the box or c.o.a but not a problem..feel lucky that there are no problems ...

20211125_110300.jpg

20211125_211129.jpg

20211125_211118.jpg

20211125_205251.jpg

Glad there's some happy tales

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, FlorinCollector said:

If anyone is interested in the half sovereign check out the facebook groups they are chipping the price down £25 with every new post every 2 mins 🤣 will be under list by the morning.

LOL, muppets who can't afford to hold what they have bought and the mortgage payment is due in a few days..........

I’m glad to hear that most of you are getting perfect coins after the way mine arrived.

Also, I’m going to sound really stupid now, I’ve only just realised that the boxes are magnetic!! I’m presuming this is if you wanted to display them.

I’m hoping I’m not the only one that didn’t realise this. 😬

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

I’m glad to hear that most of you are getting perfect coins after the way mine arrived.

Also, I’m going to sound really stupid now, I’ve only just realised that the boxes are magnetic!! I’m presuming this is if you wanted to display them.

Have you decided to keep or return??

I've just posted mine for return. 

I've been assured I will receive a brand new coin and not a cast off.

My capsule feedback will apparently be passed on to the relevant department 😁

I've photographed the issue number to make sure I dont get the same coin back or more importantly someone else doesn't get mine.

As for the magnetic box...?nope your nit alone there, I've never knew about that either (must check it out tomorrow with my half sov)

21 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I suppose it isn’t obvious. I do always wonder how many people actually display their gold.

”Come on in and see where I display my most expensive valuables” 😂

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

34 minutes ago, James32 said:

My capsule feedback will apparently be passed on to the relevant department 😁

I'm still waiting on a follow up email giving the returns department the ok to send out just a replacement capsule.

As they have to ask the Ceo and the prime minister the ok to send out a £3 replacement item 😂

They can't just replace it ofc,as this £2 capsule will eat into their millions they just made.

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

I'm still waiting on a follow up email giving the returns department the ok to send out just a replacement capsule.

As they have to ask the Ceo and the prime minister the ok to send out a £3 replacement item 😂

They can't just replace it ofc,as this £2 capsule will eat into their millions they just made.

I just hope you don't get a capsule that has been returned 😁

6 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

99 of each size of the Platinum Jubilee sovereigns have already been graded by NGC  and all achieved a PF70 grade.

To have been graded so quickly they must surely have been sent by the Royal Mint for grading.

I'd say 98 of them were not from this forum.

59 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I was today years old when I found this out. Do you mean it fits on to the lid?