• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

10 hours ago, watchesandwhisky said:

I really hope not! I have waited long enough to have a fresh set and not someone elses QC returns, I did make this point clear to them on the phone and they assured me that the returned coins did not get then sent back out. Maybe they are having to remint tons of them. Its a bit of a joke really!

In fact, I have a question, the number of mintage is fixed, but it seems that every year, every special version of the coin britannia, great, sovereign, etc. series has quality problems and returns.
I guess it should not re-mint the same number of coins,
And if they did not resell the returned coins, the actual mintage would be lower? And where will the returned coins go in the end?
Does it mean that I have the opportunity to buy at a discounted price? HAHAHA is just a joke

Well, my half has arrived....

Low and behold the capsule was open AGAIN.

PXL_20211125_100332879.thumb.jpg.857fadd0491947c82008d3eff51feeea.jpg

A follow up email has been sent to the Exec team at The Royal Mint 

FORTUNATLEY 

Under 7x magnification it looks pretty perfect so am feeling pretty lucky

Another annoying thing is that there was a QC sticker ON THE CAPSULE!

PXL_20211125_100827829.thumb.jpg.393a59bcdc34bb33cebf772420b91776.jpg

This left a dirty smudge which after a bit of elbow grease came off but still - the sheer irony of a QC sticker being ON THE CAPSULE and the capsule being loose is hilarious. 

Let me tell you, I am eagerly awaiting the outcome of my emails to the exec office!

Now, some lovely photos of the half!

PXL_20211125_100820775.thumb.jpg.889e41568a37e65c5898e5c9eaa3c1c1.jpg

PXL_20211125_100918179.thumb.jpg.13802be84b8c1dfd654bb19d3d98cc0f.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

42 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Well, my half has arrived....

Low and behold the capsule was open AGAIN.

PXL_20211125_100332879.thumb.jpg.857fadd0491947c82008d3eff51feeea.jpg

A follow up email has been sent to the Exec team at The Royal Mint 

FORTUNATLEY 

Under 7x magnification it looks pretty perfect so am feeling pretty lucky

Another annoying thing is that there was a QC sticker ON THE CAPSULE!

PXL_20211125_100827829.thumb.jpg.393a59bcdc34bb33cebf772420b91776.jpg

This left a dirty smudge which after a bit of elbow grease came off but still - the sheer irony of a QC sticker being ON THE CAPSULE and the capsule being loose is hilarious. 

Let me tell you, I am eagerly awaiting the outcome of my emails to the exec office!

Now, some lovely photos of the half!

PXL_20211125_100820775.thumb.jpg.889e41568a37e65c5898e5c9eaa3c1c1.jpg

PXL_20211125_100918179.thumb.jpg.13802be84b8c1dfd654bb19d3d98cc0f.jpg

Its shocking that its getting worse... According to my account.. I was to receive the Sovereign and 1/2 Sov today... but got the 1/2 and the three coin set... so not only is QA poor the accounting onsite is just as bad...

Edited by Rll1288

7 minutes ago, watchesandwhisky said:

why of all things cheap out on the protective capsule. the old screwcaps were perfect as they were..

The bean counters at RM recently discovered that they could save 1 penny per coin using none screw capsules. So here we are ...... !!!!  👍😂

I've just received my 3 coin set from the RM and I'm happy to report that everything looks spot on. Everything was packaged correctly, no rattling and no loose capsules. The coins themselves look amazing and I can't find any dinks or marks under 30x magnification. 

I'm counting myself very lucky and it's sad to hear the opposite has happened to so many people. Fingers crossed the RM resolve the outstanding issues with everyone. 

Rm have agreed to send me a replacement capsule without me returning complete item. Welcome development from the last time I had an issue with a capsule.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Rm have agreed to send me a replacement capsule without me returning complete item. Welcome development from the last time I had an issue with a capsule.

Don't drop the coin while getting it into the new capsule though!

5 minutes ago, BiigT said:

I've just received my 3 coin set from the RM and I'm happy to report that everything looks spot on. Everything was packaged correctly, no rattling and no loose capsules. The coins themselves look amazing and I can't find any dinks or marks under 30x magnification. 

I'm counting myself very lucky and it's sad to hear the opposite has happened to so many people. Fingers crossed the RM resolve the outstanding issues with everyone. 

I have to second the above. I too have moments ago received the Three-Coin Set and everything looks perfect. I must admit I was prepared for the worst but I have to give 10/10 to the Royal Mint for this set.

As for service that's more like 5/10 as I ordered this item on the day of release before 9am (yes I was one of the lucky ones on the Silver Forum at that time) and upto now have yet to receive any communication from the Royal Mint regarding my order and didn't receive my order until today. I had to chase the Royal Mint the whole time and they eventually gave me a tracking number on Tuesday via the online chat so I knew it was on it's way.

Now all I have to do is decide where I'm going to put the set. I would like to grade them for my personal collection but as I've never graded coins before I'm not too sure where to begin. The other option is to keep them in their box but it's a bit bulky to hide under the mattress.

Good luck to everyone else who has yet to receive their orders.

By the way, if anyone has received a sovereign of any size with an open capsule, please feel free to send me a picture or share here and I can forward it to the contact I have at the mint. 

It's obviously not an isolated incident and really needs attention.

The more that speak out the better.

13 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

It was my set of 3 that came lol

No idea where my fulls are. Gonna give them a ring.

Jeez they cant even run a website properly. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, danmc82 said:

I know. They said both my fulls are on the system but it might be until January. They have taken full payment as well.

January?? This is getting worse.

12 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I've just received 4 separate parcels from them royal mint. I was not expecting this and I can't think what they're all for?!

Well did you get a nice surprise?

I also have some individual items (but not orders) that are completely missing from my closed and open orders, but the orders are showing the correct total amount including the invisible items. If that makes sense :D 

I still can't work out why I've got 4 parcels. I will find out later as I like saving up my disappointment for later in the day. Maybe they've preemptively sent me some spare coins to save some hassle, haha!

51 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I also got sticker-happy QC41:

qc.jpg.0727f0b0e29a327f1263da7767141868.jpg

The coin itself looks OK, apart from one small speck - I thought dust, but it reflects like a metal, under light, so could be damage:

half.thumb.jpg.ec0c896e3fd8e36a3b32a8ba4fc4cebd.jpg

Any advice?

Probably a tiny metal dust fragment pressed in during striking , I have noticed this before on proof coins both in silver and gold . I wouldnt class it as a fault really and it wouldnt affect  grading 👍