• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

Was speaking to my RM account manager yesterday about what memorial sovereign stock is still available, she said if there was any coin or set I wanted then I'd be able to have it. With the rate at which people have cancelled this coin, could this end up being the lowest mintage proof sovereign ever! 😄

Edited by BullionBuyerUK
Spelling

2 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Was speaking to my RM account manager yesterday about what memorial sovereign stick is still available, she said if there was any coin or set I wanted then I'd be able to have it. With the rate at which people have cancelled this coin, could this end up being the lowest mintage proof sovereign ever! 😄

I hope so lol

On 08/12/2022 at 20:58, Spanishsilver said:

I personally cannot wait until these drop I think people have forgot how nice they actually are until it’s too late. 

6E6DA513-B8E0-4931-BC26-ED559A60FC73.png

0243E44F-08A4-4234-8E70-56D4D65BD3EB.png

F2CE2709-D96A-46F3-86DD-DCC8C5C3258B.png

951E376C-8EF4-434D-81E5-7DE365CEEFEB.png

So nobody’s seen the King’s new sovereign “in the flesh” yet?  Here’s more of the King’s possessions to cast your imagination over.

On 08/12/2022 at 20:58, Spanishsilver said:

I personally cannot wait until these drop I think people have forgot how nice they actually are until it’s too late. 

6E6DA513-B8E0-4931-BC26-ED559A60FC73.png

0243E44F-08A4-4234-8E70-56D4D65BD3EB.png

F2CE2709-D96A-46F3-86DD-DCC8C5C3258B.png

951E376C-8EF4-434D-81E5-7DE365CEEFEB.png

Just looks a mess to me. Way too much going on.

Looks like they took the (IMO fantastic) 2022 Platinum Jubilee design and copy pasted bits to fill the die.

54 minutes ago, Timberwolf said:

Looks like they took the (IMO fantastic) 2022 Platinum Jubilee design and copy pasted bits to fill the die.

Funny how this sov has split opinions! I does look busy  but I think it looks great. BUT - don't forget the important part of this sov is the other side!!!

4 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

I’ll reserve judgment until I have them together in hand but still expecting it to look great 

3 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Funny how this sov has split opinions! I does look busy  but I think it looks great. BUT - don't forget the important part of this sov is the other side!!!

This one has definitely gotten some divided opinions on it. I agree it is very busy and I do prefer the jubilee design over this one but as you pointed out, it's the other side that holds its real appeal and importance.  I still love the design and it will pair nicely with the jubilee as its a completely different take on the same design and there will be fans of both for different reasons in regards to their designs. There's real celebration and real mourning in these two. The initial intention to celebrate the queen's historically long reign turned into also mourning her loss and final year on our coinage. Pair that with the historic significance of the new sovereign and you've got history that won't be repeated in any of our lifetimes and arguably never again. Also there won't be another queen for at least 3 generations of monarch. There's a lot to be said for them imo. 

The 1989 was also apparently not well-received at the time of release, and indeed the reverse feels pretty busy too. It’s also kinda weird that the reverse is a hodgepodge and doesn’t exactly mirror the original 1489 Sovereign. But whatever… it’s become popular so you can never tell. 😆

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The 1989 was also apparently not well-received at the time of release, and indeed the reverse feels pretty busy too. It’s also kinda weird that the reverse is a hodgepodge and doesn’t exactly mirror the original 1489 Sovereign. But whatever… it’s become popular so you can never tell. 😆

There's an argument to be had about the way they were advertised which could be why they didn't seem popular at the time. I'm not sure how you look at popularity back then because all their coins would've been marketed in a similar way so it would've been relitive. 

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I expect everyone has an opinion on this design. I just feel lucky to have the set. The obverse would otherwise have been a 'Maklouf' 

IMG_3824 (2).JPG

2 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

I expect everyone has an opinion on this design. I just feel lucky to have the set. The obverse would otherwise have been a 'Maklouf' 

IMG_3824 (2).JPG

One day I hope the be able to get a Sovereign, let alone the set - congratulations!

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

43 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

IMG_3824 (2).JPG

Maklouf obverses are starting to find interest now but the 89 is a beautiful coin

4 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

IMG_3824 (2).JPG

Every time I see the obverse it makes me think Queenie is going akimbo with 2 AK47s 

1 hour ago, SilverDrum said:

It always looks like she is holding a couple of AK47's when i glance at it. Lovely coin.

Not just me then 🤣

1 hour ago, Solachesis said:

Every time I see the obverse it makes me think Queenie is going akimbo with 2 AK47s 

Waiting for @stefffana to come along and say the same thing again!

78av.gif

10 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

IMG_3824 (2).JPG

The obverse and reverse designer is a Bernard Sindall, he barely gets a mention for his work.