• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

2 hours ago, Touvex said:

Jjust injecting some Friday possitivity back in this thread to balance out the atomsphere, I'm keeping my order, nothing has changed except for the delivery date, these still are:

• A great design by JC.
  • The very first coin of a new monarch.
  • Part of the, argubaly, most popular coin series in the world with the most collectors (i.e. massive demand now and in the future). Different to all other modern series.
  • And, although mintage fingures are high, they are still much lower than 1989, 2002 and 2005.

If anything the demand may be higher due to the cancellations.

I stand by my comment about 100 pages ago, though I enjoy the 360s in this thread, we are likely seeing the complete collapse of coin market if these fail to appreciate in the short, medium and long term.

Strong hands guys! Remeber to look at the facts and analyse for yourself rather than be swayed by other people's opinions and mood. :)

Very well said mucker. These are going to be just fine in my humble opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Very well said mucker. These are going to be just fine in my humble opinion. 

Yes, I'm still positive as well. Now, throw in the mix the next Great Engravers release and we'll really see how the market reacts though... 🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, jultorsk said:

Yes, I'm still positive as well. Now, throw in the mix the next Great Engravers release and we'll really see how the market reacts though... 🤔

None of the engravers series does it for me. If I'd of gotten the first couple at the beginning then maybe I'd be interested but as they're long gone and a hefty price to go back to I'm not following the series. The last one was so hyped and then crashed to the floor. 

@stuntman I would imagine that large format 5 sov piece will be stunning.  I have purchased some of the more intricate designs over the years in a five ounce size to be better able to appreciate the engraving work - especially now that I’m getting older and need a little help

2 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

Anyone able to update what availability is left on these memorial sovereigns? 

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Five-Sovereign Piece 2022 Brilliant Uncirculated Coin - Matt Finish

Limited Edition Presentation: 1000

Total Available: 238

--

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Sovereign 2022 Gold Proof Coin

Limited Edition Presentation: 17500

Total Available: 3228

--

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Half-Sovereign 2022 Gold Proof Coin

Limited Edition Presentation: 3000

Total Available: 355

--

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Quarter-Sovereign 2022 Gold Proof Coin

Limited Edition Presentation: 3000

Total Available: 1107

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

6 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

The net totals aren't moving very much because any new sales are being balance out by the wave of cancellations at the moment.  I don't think most, if any, of these coins will sell out by 31 December.  

That is true

1 hour ago, Stuntman said:

The net totals aren't moving very much because any new sales are being balance out by the wave of cancellations at the moment.  I don't think most, if any, of these coins will sell out by 31 December.  

Royal Mint snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once more...

Buy high. Sell low.

1 minute ago, SovereignBishop said:

I went on the mints site today and was shocked to see these 2022 commemorative sovereigns still available. 

Pretty much all but the sets are still for order.

I wasn't expecting to see anything still available to order.

At this rate the bullion versions will be shipping before the proofs.

Buy high. Sell low.