• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Returns have to be of the entire product, not just the single coin that is bad.

I would expect the Royal Mint to send me a replacement if they have any held back for these situations, if that replacement is a bad one then I would expect them to remint such a prestigious set, especially considering its very high monetary value.

I will be pushing this for as many times as it takes to get a perfect set.

I do not want to miss out on this set. 

Will of course be sharing my disappointment and returns/replacement journey on YouTube.

I just hope the 4 coin set I ordered will be good.

Gutted for you mate. This is going  to be the most sought after sovereign design in the next decade in my opinion.

i am not sure if the mint will help you, but consider everything before you send it back. 
i hope that they will replace it with a new set for you:

4 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Returns have to be of the entire product, not just the single coin that is bad.

I would expect the Royal Mint to send me a replacement if they have any held back for these situations, if that replacement is a bad one then I would expect them to remint such a prestigious set, especially considering its very high monetary value.

I will be pushing this for as many times as it takes to get a perfect set.

I do not want to miss out on this set. 

Will of course be sharing my disappointment and returns/replacement journey on YouTube.

I just hope the 4 coin set I ordered will be good.

I would imagine if you make it clear in an email what it is you actually do and how many eyes will be on this, they will be all too willing to help

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

OK.

Wow - on a few levels.

First, love the design in the flesh, its incredible. Second, the size of the big coins, stunning. 

HOWEVER

Quintuple sovereign capsule was OPEN 

There is a scratch/ding/frosting issue on the edge of the coin as a consequence. 

HOW does this happen.

This is SO bitterly disappointing because it is an issue that is so easily remedied compared to the cost of making or selling these sets.

I will be sending this back and INSISTING on a replacement/reminting of the coin. I do not want to miss out on such a stunning coin and I hope they will take this seriously. 

Makes good content for YouTube I guess, but I would far rather good coins.

InkedPXL_20211120_095521765_LI.thumb.jpg.b43d4806aea08ae4fa1df4d6b75b4194.jpg

InkedPXL_20211120_095659690_LI.thumb.jpg.b666f6e8663a7d3a45e74a166a65c843.jpg

PXL_20211120_095554240.thumb.jpg.fde5abbb84b41c7f1eb4208f77ed7c5d.jpg

PXL_20211120_095604046.thumb.jpg.336e15bb043f032da32899600b319645.jpg

PXL_20211120_095037521.thumb.jpg.a8df41a16ab6ab96e10ecc67fd62cb29.jpg

PXL_20211120_095100768.thumb.jpg.3c8b32a4459cd8be10a51bdf5b45726d.jpg

PXL_20211120_094926737.thumb.jpg.ad60ec7dc1d5f9049aeba17756f0c220.jpg

Such a shame 😞 the set looks beautiful love the design 

15 minutes ago, Connor said:

I would imagine if you make it clear in an email what it is you actually do and how many eyes will be on this, they will be all too willing to help

Certain they know of him

i seen a few videos where he, lets say “ruffles a few feathers” at rm 😂 good on ya 

Edited by magpie79

9 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Certain they know of him

i seen a few videos where he, lets say “ruffles a few feathers” at rm 😂 good on ya 

Honestly, I would rather talk about how awesome this set is and how good the design is. 

The video (yet to be filmed) that will come out tomorrow will probably focus on the design, the potential for the future of the set and then that will lead into the decisions to peruse this replacement to the bitter end. 

Last time we had a similar situation with the 10 coin Queens Beast set they gave a few options:

1) return for refund

2) return for replacement

3) remint if possible

4) if none of the above are acceptable then I get back the original set I returned so I don't miss out entirely and have nothing. 

So I would expect the above to apply here too.

So I can see worst case scenario for me accepting this set as it is - I would rather have this set with a minor issue than no set at all. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Print arrived.

Going back too. cardboard packaging was all bent out of shape and in my opinion way too thin/flimsy for a product like this.

As you can see, significant damage on the actual print and accompanying letter.

PXL_20211120_122120973.jpg

PXL_20211120_122103613.jpg

PXL_20211120_121947019.jpg

To be fair, I might just put it under compression under a heavy book for a while and then see how it looks in a few days. 

Maybe it will be OK.

4 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

To be fair, I might just put it under compression under a heavy book for a while and then see how it looks in a few days. 

Maybe it will be OK.

It’s just the fact that RM should be packaging that a lot better than they did.

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

OK.

Wow - on a few levels.

First, love the design in the flesh, its incredible. Second, the size of the big coins, stunning. 

HOWEVER

Quintuple sovereign capsule was OPEN 

There is a scratch/ding/frosting issue on the edge of the coin as a consequence. 

HOW does this happen.

This is SO bitterly disappointing because it is an issue that is so easily remedied compared to the cost of making or selling these sets.

I will be sending this back and INSISTING on a replacement/reminting of the coin. I do not want to miss out on such a stunning coin and I hope they will take this seriously. 

Makes good content for YouTube I guess, but I would far rather good coins.

InkedPXL_20211120_095521765_LI.thumb.jpg.b43d4806aea08ae4fa1df4d6b75b4194.jpg

InkedPXL_20211120_095659690_LI.thumb.jpg.b666f6e8663a7d3a45e74a166a65c843.jpg

PXL_20211120_095554240.thumb.jpg.fde5abbb84b41c7f1eb4208f77ed7c5d.jpg

PXL_20211120_095604046.thumb.jpg.336e15bb043f032da32899600b319645.jpg

PXL_20211120_095037521.thumb.jpg.a8df41a16ab6ab96e10ecc67fd62cb29.jpg

PXL_20211120_095100768.thumb.jpg.3c8b32a4459cd8be10a51bdf5b45726d.jpg

PXL_20211120_094926737.thumb.jpg.ad60ec7dc1d5f9049aeba17756f0c220.jpg

You must feel very disappointed with that, though I think it’s a minting rather than handling/ loose capsule issue. I hope they will replace your 5 Sovereign piece but I also hope that they don’t foist it on some other unsuspecting customer. Perhaps they could use it for the Trial of the Pyx and charge a huge further premium for it? Then there would be no complaints.

Just now, Aran said:

You must feel very disappointed with that, though I think it’s a minting rather than handling/ loose capsule issue. I hope they will replace your 5 Sovereign piece but I also hope that they don’t foist it on some other unsuspecting customer. Perhaps they could use it for the Trial of the Pyx and charge a huge further premium for it? Then there would be no complaints.

I am disappointed, but I also hold faith in the ability to get another coin and have a better quality set at the other end of this process. 

There are things in this world far more unfortunate than getting a poor quality proof coin from the Royal Mint so I won't let this ruin my day. 

Hell, makes for good content on YouTube so ultimately I win somewhat there at least 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

It’s just the fact that RM should be packaging that a lot better than they did.

I agree

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Maybe it will be OK.

Nah, get a replacement; and insist that it's packaged better, too.

Whenever I've posted ridiculously expensive pieces of paper, where even the slightest crease would obviously be unacceptable, I put them in a cardboard-backed envelope, and then package that in a cardboard box with void fill. The additional postage cost is negligible and the additional bulk also prevents the postman from damaging it by trying to cram it through a letterbox.

27 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Print arrived.

Going back too. cardboard packaging was all bent out of shape and in my opinion way too thin/flimsy for a product like this.

Na send that back,can easily be printed again.

1 minute ago, Simmoleon said:

Just looking at this quarter sovereign - I mean you can see the damage next to the Lions head without any magnification required

D546703E-F081-4FB3-ADD9-FC4EE5A8E4D0.jpeg

😤😤

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

43 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Print arrived.

Dude, you got the 95/150. Keep it! Press it under books weighed down and it should be ok!!! Also if you get it professionally framed they should sort that for you as part of the service

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Dude, you got the 95/150. Keep it! Press it under books weighed down and it should be ok!!! Also if you get it professionally framed they should sort that for you as part of the service

But wouldn't he get 95 on a replacement ( not like they can print new numbers)?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just received three full sovereigns from Chards. I love the design but the quality is a bit interesting...

All three coins have scratches/dent/black marks. Might difficult to see from the photos but they're very obvious.  Not sure what's going on with the RM.

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Honestly, for the print, if it looks fine to the naked eye after being compressed for a while I will just keep it. Cannot be bothered with this return/complaint too. Life is too short.

57 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Maybe it will be OK.

i dealt with 1000s of press photographs and promo posters of the years and although not perfect or ideal i agree

that doesn't look damaged/creased, and will flatten out 

depending on the paper type, provided its not glossy or chemical treated which it doesnt look like it is, flip it over, pop a double hanky on top and iron on coolest heat should remedy it @BackyardBullion

Checked 2 other 2022 coins under magnification - one has what looks like some food stuck in the  capsule and is moving around the coin 🤷‍♂️ and one super clean sovereign.

The mint is going to have some huge return rate looking at some of the posts on the thread alone 

I feel your pain Backyard Bullion, but agree with your philosophical outlook!

Still awaiting my 5 coin set. Looks like it's now going to be Monday. Will be very nervous - like opening your exam results, do I dare look!

I received the single Sovereign this morning (not from the mint) and it does have a scratch on the Queens portrait side, on the cheek. I know I would not be able to get a replacement, only a refund. Love the design so much and think it's a classic, so will just keep it. Will be honest if/when I come to sell. However, still think in years to come would still get a small return on the investment. The Loupe I use is stronger than x5 so who knows if graded?