• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint celebrating life and legacy of HRH Prince Philip

6 minutes ago, VelociteeSteel said:

I'm wondering why it's HRH The Prince Phillip Duke of Edinburgh, should it not be HRH Prince Phillip The Duke of Edinburgh...

Pretty sure that is his formal name, The Prince "Philip" rather than "Prince Phillip"

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Is there any specific reason why the mint have been doing this - releasing in tranches? The numbers are not so high...they release 60,000+ proofs for some releases so why can’t they release all The Who/PP coins etc. on the same day?

Anyone have insights?

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Is there any specific reason why the mint have been doing this - releasing in tranches? The numbers are not so high...they release 60,000+ proofs for some releases so why can’t they release all The Who/PP coins etc. on the same day?

Anyone have insights?

I don't.  It has to be financially related you would imagine.

I can only guess they feel they have more chance of a sellout on the first tranche and the arguably more desirable second tranche may do well anyway.

At least in this instance they have made it "clear" that's what's going to happen.

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

sellout on the first tranche and the arguably more desirable second tranche may do well anyway

It’s just classic marketing double dipping.

How many time have you bought Star Wars on different formats? 

RM are doing the same but their “new and improved” format is a different denomination coin. 

The £5 gold proof on Westminster for £3,295.00 to pre order delivery august...can someone tell me why its nearly £700 more than the RM Also the silver proof  5oz is available to order at around £500 with a mintage of 500.....I can't see these on the RM but are on Westminster coins??????

Coin Connection had a 10oz silver proof, but now sold out.  I have not seen this on sale elsewhere.

https://www.thecoinconnection.co.uk/product/hrh-prince-philip-duke-of-edinburgh-2021-10-10oz-silver-proof-and-coa/

And a 2oz gold proof (still available):

https://www.thecoinconnection.co.uk/product/hrh-prince-philip-duke-of-edinburgh-2021-uk-two-ounce-gold-proof-coin/

Edited by Zhorro
Extra info

15 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

The £5 gold proof on Westminster for £3,295.00 to pre order delivery august...can someone tell me why its nearly £700 more than the RM Also the silver proof  5oz is available to order at around £500 with a mintage of 500.....I can't see these on the RM but are on Westminster coins??????

Allocations, also see this with LPM

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

Yeah I saw that and the 2oz gold

Already on ebay for pre sale...personally I'm avoiding them all... they don't have any aesthetic appeal for me,I will wait for the next coin to come out ...hopefully another w wyon design will be coming out from the RM soon...save my money for that 🙂

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Pretty sure that is his formal name, The Prince "Philip" rather than "Prince Phillip"

I'm disappointed they didn't use his full title, I imagine the Order of Logohu among others will be pretty miffed and possibly boycott this release:

His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, Baron Greenwich, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, Knight of the Order of Australia, Additional Member of the Order of New Zealand, Extra Companion of the Queen’s Service Order, Royal Chief of the Order of Logohu, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Lord of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council, Privy Councillor of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty, Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom.
Edited by kimchi

15 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Imagine the size of the coin to get all that on..🤔🤔

Well if it's not all on my 2 kilo gold proof I will not be a happy Insignificant Squire to a Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle!

8 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I was really interested in the mintage figures for the extended range, didnt know it wasn't going to be out today as well, so not pulled the trigger on the £5 or piedfort versions today but would certainly consider a 2 oz silver in the future with a mintage of 1000

Yes I was told 2oz gold and other versions coming out at a later date

On 26/06/2021 at 12:41, kimchi said:

I'm disappointed they didn't use his full title, I imagine the Order of Logohu among others will be pretty miffed and possibly boycott this release:

His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, Baron Greenwich, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Member of the Order of Merit, Grand Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, Knight of the Order of Australia, Additional Member of the Order of New Zealand, Extra Companion of the Queen’s Service Order, Royal Chief of the Order of Logohu, Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada, Extraordinary Commander of the Order of Military Merit, Lord of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council, Privy Councillor of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty, Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom.

You missed out "Oldfella Pili-Pili Him Bilong Misis Kwin"

pilipili.thumb.jpg.61099d9e1a14ae5969580d337d158c2e.jpg

or perhaps:

"Number One Bigfella Him Bilong Misis Queen"

Chards

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

2121 Prince Philip Memorial Gold Proof Crown

2021elizabethiigoldproofPrincePhilipMemorial5poundsTheRoyalMintreversevcrop.thumb.jpg.d5a13b43b450189c22781eaf7e5d004a.jpg

Looks good!

Im disapointed it doesnt feature one of his many gaffes inscribed on it. Would of livened it up a bit!

His daughter, Princess Anne, has a well documented love of horses. In 1970 Prince Philip addressed this and said: "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested."

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2671138/prince-philips-17-greatest-gaffes-retiring-public-engagements/

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• 3 weeks later...

What equipment are you using at Chards to take these pictures!? They are fantastic images. I have some coins and could do with some better pictures for my files. My digital microscope is good for the small coins, but the larger ones? Forget it.....

A.

42 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

What equipment are you using at Chards to take these pictures!? They are fantastic images. I have some coins and could do with some better pictures for my files. My digital microscope is good for the small coins, but the larger ones? Forget it.....

A.

Thanks Andrew,

My pal did an article about this some time ago.

https://www.diyphotography.net/use-mirrors-get-perfect-axial-lighting-macro-subjects/

...which will explain much of the process.

We've added under product lighting now also - but am just out the door for a long weekend away so will get back on Monday about that

regards

Doug

(Photography at Chards)

51 minutes ago, SemolinaPilchard said:

Thanks Andrew,

My pal did an article about this some time ago.

https://www.diyphotography.net/use-mirrors-get-perfect-axial-lighting-macro-subjects/

...which will explain much of the process.

We've added under product lighting now also - but am just out the door for a long weekend away so will get back on Monday about that

regards

Doug

(Photography at Chards)

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated! Have a good long weekend!

A.