• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Gold half sovereigns (various years 1863-1989)

Spark268

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have a monthly shortfall when it comes to paying the rent (death by a thousand cuts 😕), and I share with you my collection of half-sovereigns reluctantly for sale.

There's 7 in total, I'm looking to sell no more than 2-3 and am likely to close the sale then - however I've listed them all in case there is a specific interest to collectors. The prices undercut what is out there, and specifically the specific years listed below.

Prices & condition notes:

The coins are generally in good condition and do not appear to be circulated. I've specified ones which do not meet this below.

1) Sold as bullion:

1894*,  1906, 1908*, 1914*    £160  (3.89% versus current spot)

* small/slight scratch in Queen Vic's nose area. Very superficial scratch in between the horse's tail and hind legs.

*1908 has a slight scratch on the obverse/heads side, which stems from the neckline to the bottom of the coin. There is also some discoloration on the reverse/tails it looks like rust but I don't think it is. I have not attempted to clean it for the fear of doing more harm than good.

*1914, a small chip at the top of the coin, but the features of the coin design are very well defined. This was purchased from HGM ' Best Value'

2) Specific years:

1863 Younghead shield back - £220

slightly worn, circulated condition

1859 Young head, shield back £275

1989 proof 500th anniversary edition - £275

------------

Some pictures are below, the coins are relatively small and are difficult to picture. The pictures are high res, so if you right click (Open Image in new tab), you should be able to zoom in. If you would like close-up of a specific coin, please let me know!

payment types: BT or Paypal F&F. I will include a capsule for each coin. The postage is at buyer's choice. 

Thank you for looking :)

Heads1.jpg

Heads2.jpg

tails1.jpg

Tails2.jpg

Archived