• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fake gold coin?

This is Golden State Mint design.

https://www.goldenstatemint.com/1-10-oz-incuse-indian-gold-round.html

i note on the indian side at the points of wear, the defects on highest image magnification, appear to have an edge. It made me wonder if it were plated. 
Personally if i have a doubt about any coin or bar i leave it. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

9 hours ago, Oystonousted said:

Hi everyone

Haven't posted for a while but after seeing the following coin for sale on EBay I wanted to put my “doubting mind” to rest

Everything is wrong about this coin below isn’t it?

It would be better to include the item number, seller ID, and / or a direct link, plus the item title and description. Preferably all of these.

This furthr information would provide important clues, if any were needed.

As everybody else has said, just looking at the photos, it is not a coin.

It is not even a fake coin, it is only a replica or "round" and it does say " Golden State Mint", so you could have Googled them and found the answer in seconds.

It is still not too late to add the direct link, instead of expecting everyone else to try searching for it 🙂

Chards

11 hours ago, vicamy said:

It is probably not fake.

These are round minted by the Golden State Mint. It is not the official coin minted by the US Mint. 

More details on their website: https://www.goldenstatemint.com/1-10-oz-incuse-indian-gold-round.html

Thanks for the link. I wasn’t aware these rounds existed. 

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

It would be better to include the item number, seller ID, and / or a direct link, plus the item title and description. Preferably all of these.

This furthr information would provide important clues, if any were needed.

As everybody else has said, just looking at the photos, it is not a coin.

It is not even a fake coin, it is only a replica or "round" and it does say " Golden State Mint", so you could have Googled them and found the answer in seconds.

It is still not too late to add the direct link, instead of expecting everyone else to try searching for it 🙂

Yes I agree with all of your points there Lawrence. I could and normally would have put a direct link to assist but the title, description etc didn’t help really. 

I then read your last comment and think to myself. “ Is he being funny with me there?” 

I don’t know 

1 minute ago, Oystonousted said:

Yes I agree with all of your points there Lawrence. I could and normally would have put a direct link to assist but the title, description etc didn’t help really. 

I then read your last comment and think to myself. “ Is he being funny with me there?” 

I don’t know 

No, just making a point in plain simple English.

Chards

3 minutes ago, Oystonousted said:

I don’t know 

It's just Lawrence's way 

Don't worry about asking questions