• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Averaging cost

18 minutes ago, SidS said:

Nope smaller palladium is few and far between.

When everyone is banging on about a massive silver shortage as if it's rare and unobtainable, take a look at palladium I say. It could be months, or maybe only once or twice in the whole year you actually see any bullion palladium for sale, especially the smaller stuff. This wasn't the case 15 years ago, palladium was relatively plentiful.

Can only find Oz stuff and bigger and Im not willing to buy that much 

Same here, I was looking for it too!

As for an earlier comment someone made about it not being easy to shift. When I put the small bit I had on eBay two years ago, it flew off the shelf and went for about £20-£30 over spot - and that was with no reserve and a 99p start. I let the market find itself.

7 hours ago, SidS said:

Nope smaller palladium is few and far between.

When everyone is banging on about a massive silver shortage as if it's rare and unobtainable, take a look at palladium I say. It could be months, or maybe only once or twice in the whole year you actually see any bullion palladium for sale, especially the smaller stuff. This wasn't the case 15 years ago, palladium was relatively plentiful.

We were very happy to dump all our stock of palladium bars and coins about March last year, although we just missed the peak price. 

We still continue to be happy to stay out of it while while prices are so high, especially when platinum is so cheap.

...unless you like buying high and selling cheap!

If we do get any secondary market ones in stock, we will try to get them back out of the door as soon as possible.

Actually, I am not quite right, a colleague has just informed me that we do have about 30 ounces of palladium in stock, which is next to nothing. ☺️

https://www.chards.co.uk/products/palladium

Edited by LawrenceChard
typo

Chards

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

We were very happy to dump all our stock of palladium bars and coins about March last year, although we just missed the peak price. 

We still continue to be happy to stay out of it while while prices are so high, especially when platinum is so cheap.

...unless you like buying high and selling cheap!

If we do get any secondary market ones in stock, we will try to get them back out of the door as soon as possible.

Actually, I am not quite right, a colleague has just infromed me that we do have about 30 ounces of palladium in stock, which is next to nothing. ☺️

https://www.chards.co.uk/products/palladium

Unfortunately don't have any small bars which is what I am looking for   

2 hours ago, Mark1234 said:

Unfortunately don't have any small bars which is what I am looking for   

Sorry, but the smallest we had even last year was 0.5 ounce, then mainly one ounce, with not one, but two, x 500 grams each.

We would always prefer coins rather than bars.

I know it's not what you are looking for, but these are interesting: https://www.chards.co.uk/1968-tonga-palladium-3-coin-set-counter-stamped/9520  1968 Tonga Palladium 3 Coin Set - Coronation Counter Stamped

I think the 1967 issue constituted the world's first palladium coins, and remember handling both sets at the time. Can't remember the prices though, although we might have some old copies of Coin Monthly magazine lying around, with our prices in.

Chards

On 15/06/2021 at 22:51, LawrenceChard said:

Sorry, but the smallest we had even last year was 0.5 ounce, then mainly one ounce, with not one, but two, x 500 grams each.

We would always prefer coins rather than bars.

I know it's not what you are looking for, but these are interesting: https://www.chards.co.uk/1968-tonga-palladium-3-coin-set-counter-stamped/9520  1968 Tonga Palladium 3 Coin Set - Coronation Counter Stamped

I think the 1967 issue constituted the world's first palladium coins, and remember handling both sets at the time. Can't remember the prices though, although we might have some old copies of Coin Monthly magazine lying around, with our prices in.

We just re-photographed a 1967 Tonga palladium set:

1967tongapalladiumbullionungradedTaufaAhauTupouIVCoronationTonganPa-anga3coincetHistoricallyFirstPalladiumCoinagereversedesigns4000.thumb.jpg.c611a2c0176c256d15f02f4361f4c1a6.jpg

Hau did we manage that?

1967tongapalladiumbullionungradedTaufaAhauTupouIVCoronationTonganPa-anga3coincetHistoricallyFirstPalladiumCoinageobversedesigns4000.thumb.jpg.d02c21cfe52d5c8a4525bb56e4801139.jpg

...and the edge inscriptions:

1967tongapalladiumbullionungradedTaufaAhauTupouIVCoronationTonganPa-anga3coincetHistoricallyFirstPalladiumCoinageedgeinscriptioncrop.thumb.jpg.84b4b35b65b2ca47c2a21e2c9be96f29.jpg

Historically the first palladium coinage.

Chards