• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Who actually thinks the price of silver will rise?

BYK

Hi, 

So it is hard to get away from all the noise around speculation that silver will hit the moon. Every Youtube video, guru or investment company are shouting from the roof tops, that now is the time to invest in Silver. 

I have always bought pieces of silver that I like. I have never bought in expectation that silver will make me rich. Or that it will suddenly explode x200 in price. 

My analysis is thus:

1. All the people who say silver prices will increase, have bought lots of silver and therefore have the most to gain. The likes of Robert Kiyasaki, who openly admits to having hundreds of thousands of silver ounces. He is a great example of someone who uses his position to promote silver buying. Because he can easily sell now when the price is high and buy back later when the price collapses. As I think it will!

2. Their is supply issue pushing the price up, which some are saying will continue. I do accept that supply is being manipulated but I also don't understand why. As the suppliers could make more money but opening supplies. 

3. Some say it has been under valued, but silvers last bull run was at $50 an ounce and that was a considerable time ago. And the history does not show that Silver will hit the moon. 

4. The paper ETF silver market. Most of the paper ETF for silver is not backed by physical supply. How ever most ETF do not need to exchange for real silver, it can just settle in kind (stocks/shares) or in real money. 

I should have attached that "MEME" where the guys sat at the table with that sign saying "Silver wont hit the moon, change my mind" If anyone wants to make one I would love to see it!

Looking for peoples opinions. 

Good luck in your stacking endeavours. All the best!

BYK

I think we may well see a sizable drop in price yet, I am no market analyst or the like (infact far from it!! I would live to buy shares and dividends ect, I just don't have the knowledge yet, although I know what I want to buy..)

But the banks and markets are very capable of getting rid of alot of investors many of whom are in for the short term thinking wall street silver will give them another gamestop, they will panick them from the market.

And I am hoping the bottom falls out the silver gold market,as they say I will be backing up the truck ,saving my fiat at the moment for just such an event.

Or for when I get brave enough to try and get involved in the alien to me stocks and shares market.

Of course the price of silver will rise. There is inflation in the system. It cannot do anything else. The question is not whether the price will rise - that is 100% certain. The question is, will the value rise?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

29 minutes ago, Patyq said:

Here you go buddy.

Personally I also dont think silver will go to the moon.

Everyone is talking about it going up, so that "goup" might already been included in price.

No-one has been to the Moon. They just pretended they did. You can't travel through the Van Allen radiation belt and survive.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Short term
If Basil III kills the fake paper gold market on the 28th of June then it’s likely the price of both gold and silver could shoot up overnight. It may depend whether or not they class gold as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 asset though.

Medium term
If Basil III doesn’t have an impact at the end of this month then I expect gold and silver to go up but only inline with inflation. With all the quantitative easing by central banks across the world during the pandemic we could be in for some massive inflation over the coming years so the price increase of PMs should go up just as fast but that would irrelevant if the price of everything else goes up just as quickly too.

Long term
If the current trend of less silver being mined but more being required by the electronics, battery and solar panel industries continues then this means the supply/demand ratio will gradually push the price of silver up over time.

Edited by EdwardTeach

18 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

If the current trend of less silver being mined but more being required by the electronics, battery and solar panel industries continues then this means the supply/demand ratio will gradually push the price of silver up over time.

https://www.silverinstitute.org/silver-supply-demand/

how is there a current trend of less silver being mined?

HH

I think if something is going to start to happen with gold or silver, it'll be from January 2022 onwards, when parts of basel III are implemented and the paper market starts to taper, which I think the UK has more control over.

End of June, nah!

More likely to be 6/7 months later, which may kick off and continue with small increments, which aren't very noticeable, slightly higher highs and slightly higher lows from that point, but heading upwards overall, at a turtle's pace, not like a hare (Bitcoin).

Edited by GoldenGriffin

Silver and gold will both shoot up in-line with what's being done by the WHO, WEF and fascist governments under Bill Gates & friends orders. 

Hyper-inflation is coming for most economies which are not raking it in from the fake pandemic, together with food shortages, poverty spikes and lockdown damages such as no healthcase, delayed healthcare and add in the vaccine damages - adverse effects and deaths and all the rest (in total reaching a millon cases soon in the UK alone, and only a few percent are ever reported or recorded).  Several commodities have hyper inflated already and continue to like pork and lumber.  Employment is only available at cult-linked and cult-benefiting companies so for most unemployment is a big problem.  These are just a few things going on in the world.  When currency becomes worthless and you have the likes of China (and more to follow) rolling out trackable digital currency then people will have nowhere to turn but to gold, silver, subsistence farming or bartering in order to trade without having everything monitored and controled by a cult. 

The cult has brought mortality rates back to 2010 levels by killing people with lockdowns (and blaming a "virus") and they will keep driving hard while they are winning, people will continue to lose more freedom and the poor-rich divide gap will continue to widen as people are further enslaved by things such as UBI - sucked up by the poor and in return they have to abide by the demands of the hands that feed them.  In view of this there may be a window to save "money" in gold and silver in the short to mid-term as it shoots up, but in the long term the governments and the cults above them will put an end to it because it is an "out" of their systems, just like they will put an end to cash money which can't be tracked and controled.  Also unless you have enough gold and silver to last a lifetime it's only going so far as you sell off an ounce for $200 for example one week to get a weeks food supplies then next week an ounce might get you $220 in FIAT but the price of the shopping has doubled so you need to sell 2 ounces for $440 to get a weeks food and so on... you will need a large stack to get you and your loved ones though life.

The WEF dictates no one should own anything, as a consumer you will only be allowed to rent things - property and vehicle ownership will end fully and everyone will need to submit fully to the cult narative and dystopia they have decided upon for you.  You will have no stack at this point, everything belongs to the cult, including your life.

In a word, no.

First, I don't think silver is going to hit the moon.

I bought into the hype back when silver was $5/oz, the fiat crash was coming, just around the corner in fact, the dollar was going to go down and burn.

Well it didn't. Did it lose purchasing power? Yes it did.

Has it been highly inflated since the early 2000s? Yes, for sure.

Has silver gone to the moon? Well that depends how high the moon is, $20? $30? or $40? 

What I did see was a healthy profit on those 50 or so oz of silver I'd accumulated at $5. So was it a bad move? No it certainly wasn't, it was quite lucrative in fact and I'm still in profit on all of those holdings.

The biggest problem for silver is that the financial system is heavily rigged against it. They will always find a way to knock the price down. Should silver be worth more? Yes probably.

So Basel III arrives, it won't make much difference they'll just restructure how they do the price knockdown. If the market is so lucrative for the big banks they'll find a way around the rules, they have lots of lawyers etc. All good for finding legal loopholes.

The whole banking crisis of 2008 was supposed to have brought in reforms and tightened up credit and brought about responsible lending. To be honest, people have short memories and I don't think much has changed, if anything it's same old, same old. The lure of a quick buck being simply too strong to resist, they'll just have rebranded and reworked how they run the same old schemes.

Am I a cynic? Yes totally.

So what if silver does head to $100, $1000 an oz? Well if that happens then there is a wider currency crisis at hand and that will result in one of two things: a revaluation - a la Turkey, where they knock a few zeros off the currency. So your $1000 oz of silver, suddenly becomes worth 10 new dollars. Or they will switch to a digital currency where your £1000 oz of silver becomes worth 15 Britcoins.

If silver does make $1000 per oz, then I ask you what will the price of bread be, $750 a loaf?

A rapidly rising silver price won't equal life changing profits in a currency collapse, it will hopefully simply sustain your current net worth until recalibrated into a new currency format. Or at best give you a tidy profit, like my $5 oz purchase going up to $20/$30. Can't exactly retire on it though can I?

I suspect the price this decade will mostly fluctuate between $15-$35 oz. We might break ground at $50 an oz by the late 2030s, based on the steady erosion of inflation.

If a pandemic and worldwide lockdown can't send silver heavily skyward, nor conflicts throughout the 2000s, 9/11 or the banking crisis of 2008, then I struggle to forsee what could send it to the moon and make it stay there.

Maybe we'll hit $100 by the end of the century? 2100 here's looking at you...

Edited by SidS
Grammatical errors x2

33 minutes ago, SidS said:

In a word, no.

I bought into the hype back when silver was $5/oz, the fiat crash was coming, just around the corner in fact, the dollar was going to go down and burn.

Has silver gone to the moon? Well that depends how high the moon is, $20? $30? or $40? 

What I did see was a healthy profit on those 50 or so oz of silver I'd accumulated at $5. So was it a bad move? No it certainly wasn't, it was quite lucrative in fact and I'm still in profit on all of those holdings.

The biggest problem for silver is that the financial system is heavily rigged against it. They will always find a way to knock the price down. Should silver be worth more? Yes probably.

So Basel III arrives, it won't make much difference they'll just restructure how they do the price knockdown. If the market is so lucrative for the big banks they'll find a way around the rules, they have lots of lawyers etc. All good for finding legal loopholes.

The whole banking crisis of 2008 was supposed to have brought in reforms and tightened up credit and brought about responsible lending. To be honest, people have short memories and I don't think much has changed, if anything it's same old, same old. The lure of a quick buck being simply too strong to resist, they'll just have rebranded and reworked how they run the same old schemes.

So what if silver does head to $100, $1000 an oz? Well if that happens then there is a wider currency crisis at hand and that will result in one of two things: a revaluation - a la Turkey, where they knock a few zeros off the currency. So your $1000 oz of silver, suddenly becomes worth 10 new dollars. Or they will switch to a digital currency where your £1000 oz of silver becomes worth 15 Britcoins.

If silver does make $1000 per oz, then I ask you what will the price of bread be, $750 a loaf?

A rapidly rising silver price won't equal life changing profits in a currency collapse, it will hopefully simply sustain your current net worth until recalibrated into a new currency format. Or at best give you a tidy profit, like my $5 oz purchase going up to $20/$30. Can't exactly retire on it though can I?

I suspect the price this decade will mostly fluctuate between $15-$35 oz. We might break ground at $50 an oz by the late 2030s, based on the steady erosion of inflation.

If a pandemic and worldwide lockdown can't send silver heavily skyward, nor conflicts throughout the 2000s, 9/11 or the banking crisis of 2008, then I struggle to forsee what could send it to the moon and make it stay there.

Beautifully written. I presume many who read this, were quietly thinking the same.

Ok so the consensus is that silver will not rise. 

Now let's transition this topic into.

Will the price of palladium and or platinum rise ?

Palladium is an interesting one.

Now I purchased a 1/10th oz round for about £35 way back in 2005 (Some premium at the time!)

I didn't really think much of it and forgot about it. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw how high the spot price of Palladium had risen since.

Two years ago, I sold it on eBay for a lovely sum of £125 (about £20 over spot price at the time). So a real nice return, not bad for a 99p start with no reserve.

The purchaser turned out to be someone who worked for a company who sold element collection supplies. So I'm assuming it was melted down and turned into Palladium shot or foil or something and sold to element collectors - having bought samples from them myself in the past!

So someone who ran a business was willing to pay over market value to source an element sample. It suggested a shortage to me.

Since then I've actively been looking for Palladium rounds to see how available they are. Well they aren't. It seems almost everywhere is out of stock. US eBay occasionally has the odd Palladium round but they tend to be the full ounces and we'll out of my price range and they won't ship to the UK.

What I can't work out though is whether there is any actual investment demand for this metal, or whether it's all industrial demand.

The reason they may be so few rounds out there is because it was perhaps a fad of the 2000s that never really took off. Like trying to find a betamax in a shop that's shoving VHS. There is a shortage of material, but whether there is any actual investment demand, I am unsure. It could all be industrial.

I wish I'd held onto the round now... seller's remorse!

On 10/06/2021 at 00:02, SilverJacks said:

Since all commodities are rising, why not silver? Even cardboard has seen a tenfold increase of late.... I understand that's because of increased demand in online sales but there's increased demand in silver also. 

The control structure is happy to let anything that has not had a history as money rise, anything that has had histoty as money is a different matter, Dollar weakness would be exposed far more readily if every effort was not made to keep gold and silver suppressed.  One day they may well completely lose their grip on it but for now they have mastered keeping the price in a range that they can live with.  And by control structure I don't just mean the banks, governments must also be in on it as too much of a blind eye is continually turned on the "shennanigans".

Edited by Scuzzle

33 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

The control structure is happy to let anything that has not had a history as money rise

Couldn't agree more.

The central banks are printing fiat like it's going out of fashion because, as carefully planned, it is going out of fashion. Gold/silver as historical money is just a hinderance to the system. Any potential for a popular movement involving silver right now would, as always, need to be addressed accordingly. Significant rises in silver price would only fuel the fire, hence why gold/silver is lagging behind just about every commodity right now. 

39 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

And by control structure I don't just mean the banks, governments must also be in on it as too much of a blind eye is continually turned on the "shennanigans".

Not to mention the media. Perhaps the most powerful tool in the network.

I also largely agree with @dangelo. The world is rapidly progressing into an Orwellian prison planet and I think it will take a lot more than a silver stack to change it.

12 hours ago, SidS said:

In a word, no.

I think it depends on what happens to short silver positions if people demand physical?

On 10/06/2021 at 05:47, sixgun said:

No-one has been to the Moon. They just pretended they did. You can't travel through the Van Allen radiation belt and survive.

Has anyone told Elon about this?

Technically, alcohol is a solution..

'It [socialism] poses a growing threat, however unintentional, to the freedom of this country, for there is no freedom where the State totally controls the economy. Personal freedom and economic freedom are indivisible. You can’t have one without the other. You can’t lose one without losing the other.'

"There is no such thing as public money, there is only taxpayers' money"

Let not England forget her precedence of teaching nations how to live.

13 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

this is a myth.

people who go long on paper silver, do so because they don't want the physical silver.

HH

Probably but remember Northern Rock crises. When people feel that their money / gold / silver et al is at risk they may want to get hold of it. 

Northern_Rock_Customers,_September_14,_2007.jpg