• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Off-site Gold storage.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

When i looked at the safety deposit boxes they did not look very big for a lot of money to rent. Certainly no good for silver stackers.

If a person were in one location i would ask what about a floor safe under the fridge or the freezer or the sideboard. Under the bath if you have the conventional bath with bath side. Who is going to think to take the bath panel off to look for a floor safe?

https://www.esedirect.co.uk/p-4454-sealey-key-lock-floor-safe.aspx

Sealey Key Lock Floor Safe

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

The metro bank ones are not huge at all.  Most metro bank branches have a display at the front where you can look at the various sizes.

I have one of my business accounts at Metrobank and my business manage told me that they aim to pay their rent solely from the proceeds of renting out SD boxes.  Nice business model!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

When i looked at the safety deposit boxes they did not look very big for a lot of money to rent. Certainly no good for silver stackers.

If a person were in one location i would ask what about a floor safe under the fridge or the freezer or the sideboard. Under the bath if you have the conventional bath with bath side. Who is going to think to take the bath panel off to look for a floor safe?

https://www.esedirect.co.uk/p-4454-sealey-key-lock-floor-safe.aspx

Sealey Key Lock Floor Safe

While the idea of hiding PM in the bathroom from theft is good, I'm don't think the bathroom is a good spot for PM.   From everything I've read to date, you need to keep PM away from moisture and humidity.  Storing PM in the bathroom with lots of moisture and humidity is asking for trouble.

Edited by SilverStorm

3 minutes ago, SilverStorm said:

While the idea of hiding PM in the bathroom from theft is good, I'm don't think the bathroom is a good spot for PM.   From everything I've read to date, you need to keep PM away from moisture and humidity.  

Does anyone use desiccants or other other such products in their storage?

Just now, SilverStorm said:

While the idea of hiding PM in the bathroom from theft is good, I'm don't think the bathroom is a good spot for PM.   From everything I've read to date, you need to keep PM away from moisture and humidity.  Storing PM in the bathroom with lots of moisture and humidity is asking for trouble.

That floor safe is not that big but would be ok for a lot of gold - gold doesn't mind being in the damp - silver would tarnish.
The 1.3 tonnes safe i posted a photo of would deal with anything. The issue is no-one could get into it but if someone ran their mouth off and determined thieves came they would know there was something worth taking - they might come again when you were in and bring a shotgun in an attempt to force you to hand over the keys.

The thing with hiding precious metals is most people don't have precious metal so unless you are loose with your lips it is not to be expected. Gold is easy to hide. There are wall plug safes that actually work. i had a loose skirting board i accidentally discovered - i hide stuff in there and no-one would know. There are places that can be disguised. i can think of places i can see as i am sat in my living room that with a little bit of work could be made into excellent safes no-one would expect.

Storing PM in metro bank's safety deposit boxes have both pros and cons.

Pro:

- security and safety of your belongings

- annual storage fees are reasonable

Con:

- access to safety deposit boxes only during banking hours

- if banks close for any reason (bank failure, civil unrest, etc), you can't gain access

- if bank makes an error and seizes your safety box, there may be limited recourse to get your items back

- typically you can't buy additional coverage insurance (at least in North America)

5 hours ago, 27carrots said:

Not great for silver stackers but you can fit £1,000,000 worth of gold coins in this box.

Untitled.png

Yes that may be true.  But if you can afford to stack 1M UK pounds of gold, you are rich enough to get your own private vault!