• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 100 gram 999 silver bars

All,

As you are aware I am looking to liquidate some of my holdings. In doing so I have freed up a few "100 grams" 999 silver bars for sale. I am offering them at spot + 15% + VAT. At current prices that would be about £ 85 for a 100g bar.

I don't want to complicate things. However, with the price of silver changing constantly I don't want to give a fixed price per bar. My prices will always be 15% over spot and I will have to pay VAT, which I will pass on to the buyer.

Postage would be at cost and the buyer's choice. Special delivery is recommended as it provides insurance and would be £7.65 (for up to 250g or 2 bars).  All other postal modes are at buyer's risk though I will always obtain proof of postage.

Any questions drop me a line.  

smp_bar.thumb.jpg.d3211356b3d17d73d4e9ea4a026c260a.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

I might just be being stupid,but why is there vat on top. Surely a sale between two private individuals is vat free?

Because he’s acting as a business and as such has to sell with VAT. He paid vat on the original bars and has to charge that forward. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

7 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

I might just be being stupid,but why is there vat on top. Surely a sale between two private individuals is vat free?

@ilovesilverireallydo - many thanks for clarifying

There is nothing called a "stupid question". I have to pay VAT on these bars as silver is not VAT exempt in the UK. Any form of silver purchase attracts VAT within the UK. I have paid VAT to the refiners when I purchased these bars. Also, I will be selling as a biz and can provide invoices that reveal the amount of VAT that I have paid the refiners. 

I will only try to recoup what I paid the refiners and hand it over to HMRC, who will in turn refund my VAT expenses. Complicated stuff this, no wonder so many businesses are petitioning for VAT to be removed and replaced with a simple sales tax of sorts. So in essence this is a cut for HMRC, for the government to allow us the privilege of owning the white metal 🙂 

Archived