• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

2022 Ascension Island - Modern Masters - Jody Clark - St. George and the Dragon

mm_bu_rev.thumb.jpg.840b523677d5aca5fd3d8240f6664556.jpg

mm_bu_obv.thumb.jpg.20ba70b9a1213548f64b2cd4a7552ed8.jpg

2022 Laos - Tiger (Panthera Tigris)

2022-laos-1-oz-silver-500-kip-tiger-bu-panthera-tigris_246153_slab.thumb.jpg.f8da4b990057aa9d4fe9b3dc4681ca0f.jpg

2022-laos-1-oz-silver-500-kip-tiger-bu-panthera-tigris_246153_obv.thumb.jpg.8ba6abc46adfe80e8414c654d34cb7e1.jpg

2022-laos-1-oz-gold-2000-kip-tiger-bu-panthera-tigris_246165_slab.thumb.jpg.b938a065303789e80d488cb2489a3ccc.jpg

2023  Solomon Islands - Year of the Rabbit - Lunar Rabbit 

1oz Proof Rosegold Plating

1-Unze-Silber-Solomon-Islands-Jahr-des-Hasen-Lunar-Hase-2023-Proof-Rosegold.thumb.jpg.61bd0f5346d35adfc2c4ba50a9800da0.jpg

5oz Black Proof Gold-Plating

5-Unzen-Silber-Solomon-Islands-Jahr-des-Hasen-Lunar-Hase-2023-Black-Proof-Gilded-.thumb.jpg.daa6312c3fc437dc70747179b132743c.jpg

Edited by daca

31 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Oh gee!!!  I loved Jody Clark’s work on the Queen’s Beasts series, but that St. George and Dragon design is rather questionable.

Yes it’s cool… but it’s certainly not classic.

This is why I am apprehensive of any reinterpretation of the concept. ☹️

Looks a bit like the roman version of game of thrones, Lannisterus vs. Targarius

Edited by dikefalos

49 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Oh gee!!!  I loved Jody Clark’s work on the Queen’s Beasts series, but that St. George and Dragon design is rather questionable.

Yes it’s cool… but it’s certainly not classic.

This is why I am apprehensive of any reinterpretation of the concept. ☹️

It reminds me of the Prince George 8th birthday crown that JC did for the Royal Mint, I wasn't a fan of that design either.

It's a tough ask for any artist to re-interpret St George and the Dragon it has been done so many times and there are some real classics.

Does anyone know when the Royal Mint are planning on putting the new Harry Potter coin series on sale?

They were due to do a design reveal in early Sept but it fell on the same day QEII passed away so it was cancelled and I’ve not heard anything about it since.

1 minute ago, StackerBritt said:

Does anyone know when the Royal Mint are planning on putting the new Harry Potter coin series on sale?

They were due to do a design reveal in early Sept but it fell on the same day QEII passed away so it was cancelled and I’ve not heard anything about it since.

Bound to be this month. I'll eat my sorting hat if it isn't! 😂

13 hours ago, GoldStatue said:

It reminds me of the Prince George 8th birthday crown that JC did for the Royal Mint, I wasn't a fan of that design either.

It's a tough ask for any artist to re-interpret St George and the Dragon it has been done so many times and there are some real classics.

Agreed. My favourites are William Wyon’s design, followed by the 1910 and 1935 designs. 

33 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Not sure when the first one comes out but looks like an interesting myths and legends release up coming. Another 3 parter for 2023 starting with king Arthur. I'm guessing Guinevere and Merlin will make an appearance at some point...  but again, that's just a guess. 

Screenshot_2022-10-11-03-26-59-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This would’ve looked better than what they came up with (which looks rather cartoonish imo).

4 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@westminstrel it's very JC inspired akin to the Robin Hood design.  It's okay I like the detail in the background.

Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 06.09.19.png

Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 06.12.43.png

Ah ok..... Where were these pictures from? I didn't see them on the mints website, have they been around long? It looks ok but probably could've been a lot better. I didn't like the robin hood coins when they first came out but they grew on me over time and now I have the full set. I might get a set of these as well and keep up with them.

12 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

Not sure when the first one comes out but looks like an interesting myths and legends release up coming. Another 3 parter for 2023 starting with king Arthur. I'm guessing Guinevere and Merlin will make an appearance at some point...  but again, that's just a guess. 

Screenshot_2022-10-11-03-26-59-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

When do you think this coin would be released? January 2023? Before or after that?