• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

10oz Britannia 😍

(Image courtesy of BBP.)

10ozbrit.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I saw an article on the Spice Girls after clicking a link from the RM today.

It was linked to "on this day" theme and mentioned music legends.

I can't find it now though 😕

Is this going to be the next music legends?

Probably not for me, but maybe for others who are / were a fan?

Edited by GoldenGriffin

5 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I saw an article on the Spice Girls after clicking a link from the RM today.

It was linked to "on this day" theme and mentioned music legends.

I can't find it now though 😕

Is this going to be the next music legends?

Probably not for me, but maybe for others who are / were a fan?

Yeah, won’t be buying that one 😬 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

12 hours ago, kimchi said:

Which shop is that? :o

This is a wind up right?........I was taking the P with a mate a few months back and said you know when things get really bad for the Music Legends series we will end up with a Spice Girl coin.   

I believe many of us on TSF tend to collect or invest in historic coins or new coins that tend to have wide appeal, have somekind of consistency in what they buy, having a specific taste.  And that specific taste has been constrained to a degree up until about 5 years ago.

Not everyone has the same taste and very few in society have had the opportunity to understand the role PM's play in our financial system.

Without being too direct, how are the "many", that haven't had this opportunity, encouraged to take part in something that, for many years, has been difficult to seek out and educate themselves on?

The volume and variety of coins coming out from the RM over the last 5 years is a start, to stimulate more interest in the market, which to me, is a very bullish signal...

Queen's Beasts, Great Engravers, Music legends, Dinosaurs, Paddington, Peter Rabbit, Snowman, Mr Men, etc. etc...

Not everyone of those coins mentioned is to everyone's taste who is currently a collector or investor, but for those who have never bought any

PM's before, are starting to take an interest and some of those coins, (even a Spice Girl type of coin), could, under certain circumstances, be a sell out.  It depends on how many new collector and investor types, the RM can attract.

I spoke to someone the other day, who I thought would not have an interest in coins at all and surprisingly, they actually said they were collecting the Peter Rabbit and Paddington 50p cupro-nickel coins!!

So, marketing and variety in the designs work and attract audiences who you'd have never thought would. I wonder if they'll move on to precious metals from there, at some point?  Or they could already have a hoard of gold and silver coins, is a TSF member and just isn't telling me!! 🤣

Recent mainstream media about the 10kg QB's completer coin and the sovereign that sold for over £1m also sparks more interest for the general public, which is another bullish signal.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

39 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I believe many of us on TSF tend to collect or invest in historic coins or new coins that tend to have a wide appeal and have specific taste.  And that specific taste has been quite limited to a degree up until about 5 years ago.

Not everyone has the same taste and very few in society have had the opportunity to understand the role PM's play in our financial system.

Without being too direct, how are the "many", that haven't had this opportunity, encouraged to take part in something that, for many years, has been difficult to seek out and educate themselves on?

The volume and variety of coins coming out from the RM over the last 5 years is a start, to stimulate more interest in the market, which to me, is a very bullish signal...

Queen's Beasts, Great Engravers, Music legends, Dinosaurs, Paddington, Peter Rabbit, Snowman, etc. etc...

Not everyone of those coins mentioned is to everyone's taste who is currently a collector, but for those who have never bought any

PM's before, are starting to take an interest and some of those coins, (even a Spice Girl type of coin), could, under certain demand, be a sell out.  It depends on how many new collector and investor types, the RM can attract.

I spoke to someone the other day, who I thought would not have an interest in coins at all and surprisingly, they actually said they were collecting the Peter Rabbit and Paddington 50p cupro-nickel coins!!

So, marketing and variety in the designs work and attract audiences who you'd have never thought would. I wonder if they'll move on to precious metals from there at some point?

Recent mainstream media about the QB's completer coin and the sovereign that sold for over £1m also sparks more interest for the general public.

I think there are also many new investors/flippers that reached out for a new market and investment opportunities. Without having an eye for nice coin designs and a really taste for coins. They see the way of Una and grab every coin from the RM they can get. As we can see with the 3G, the coin collectors market is not such a big market and if too many coins are flipped and available the price will come down or dosn't even really rise, like the 007 Coins. I have no problems with flipping, we all do it sometimes. The biggest problem is, that as a collector i have the problem to find coins that i like direct at the mint or for a reasonable price at a coin dealer. Not only at the RM, but in general. So i didn't bought a lot of coins that i would like to have. But i cannot overpay almost every issue. New buyers/investors can, cause they don't know, how much money you can also loose on a coin. And i'm not in PM to loose money, not even with my collectibles. Only good thing is, almost every day are coming new coins, it's not possible for me to buy everything i like. But it's really sad, how many coins that i wanted to have i had to pass.

2 hours ago, dikefalos said:

I think there are also many new investors/flippers that reached out for a new market and investment opportunities. Without having an eye for nice coin designs and a really taste for coins. They see the way of Una and grab every coin from the RM they can get. As we can see with the 3G, the coin collectors market is not such a big market and if too many coins are flipped and available the price will come down or dosn't even really rise, like the 007 Coins. I have no problems with flipping, we all do it sometimes. The biggest problem is, that as a collector i have the problem to find coins that i like direct at the mint or for a reasonable price at a coin dealer. Not only at the RM, but in general. So i didn't bought a lot of coins that i would like to have. But i cannot overpay almost every issue. New buyers/investors can, cause they don't know, how much money you can also loose on a coin. And i'm not in PM to loose money, not even with my collectibles. Only good thing is, almost every day are coming new coins, it's not possible for me to buy everything i like. But it's really sad, how many coins that i wanted to have i had to pass.

I agree.

I'm the same.

If a nice coin comes along and I miss it from the RM and see it at a dealers for more than double the price (could be as much as x 10 the release price), I have to give it a miss and wait for the next one.

It's a shame that happens but it's all part of the hobby and interest that we all have to adapt to.  Sometimes the prices at the dealers drop and I'll take note and decide on whether to buy or not.

I find that you've got to have your finger on the pulse to be aware of what's being released soon and if it's not what I'm interested in, then look at paying a bit more for something I would like in my collection that is already released.

Personally, I've never flipped a coin.  I have only bought what I want in my collection.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

16 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I agree.

I'm the same.

If a nice coin comes along and I miss it from the RM and see it at a dealers for more than double the price (could be as much as x 10 the release price), I have to give it a miss and wait for the next one.

It's a shame that happens but it's all part of the hobby and interest that we all have to adapt to.  Sometimes the prices at the dealers drop and I'll take note and decide on whether to buy or not.

I find that you've got to have your finger on the pulse to be aware of what's being released soon and if it's not what I'm interested in, then look at paying a bit more for something I would like in my collection.

Personally, I've never flipped a coin.  I have only bought what I want in my collection.

I flipped quiet a bit the last 15 years. I'm still in modern coins. And sometimes i get tired of some coins, one time almost of my whole collection. So i had to flip them and buy new ones, or bullion. 

19 minutes ago, daca said:

2021 Royal Australia Mint - Pirate Queen's Series -Anne Bonny

ibsal202110_1.jpg

ibsal202111_1.jpg

This one, with an EMK pricetag of over 40€, will not come to my house. It's, like all EMK exclusives, way overpriced. 

4 hours ago, dikefalos said:

I flipped quiet a bit the last 15 years. I'm still in modern coins. And sometimes i get tired of some coins, one time almost of my whole collection. So i had to flip them and buy new ones, or bullion. 

I've offloaded maybe two thirds of my collection but used the money to buy thenplanets, peace dollars, and another yet to be named collection but I think it beats just staring at stuff and hiding under the name stasher when you're collecting or collector when you're flipping to just enjoying the coins, process of finding the deal then making a profit and doing it all again, at least younalways have either nice coins, preciousmetals or rare collectable for a nice conversational piece or watch that money come sliding in to your account to buy more shiny stuff.

I didn't like it but I 'got it' when the RM attracted the 'flippers', who soon left on regular releases (the Una and other hyped/desirable coins apart).

I'm hoping the 'slappers' will stay around a bit longer :)

New releases from the Perth Mint.

Tuesday 13 July 2021

• Dreaming Down Under – Dingo 2021 Postal Numismatic Cover
  • Dreaming Down Under – Koala 2021 Postal Numismatic Cover

Monday 19 July 2021

• Melbourne Money Expo ANDA Special Australian Emu 2021 1oz Silver Coin
  • Bob the Minion 2021 1oz Silver Coin
  • Back to the Future Marty McFly and Doc Brown 2021 35g Pure Silver Foil
  • Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine Blueprint 2021 35g Pure Silver Foil
  • Jurassic World Blue the Velociraptor 2021 2oz Silver Antiqued Coin
  • Shrek 2021 1oz Silver Coin

Monday 2 August 2021

• Perth Money Expo ANDA Special 2021 Year of the Ox 2oz Silver Proof Coloured Coin

Tuesday 3 August 2021

• The Simpsons Family 2021 1oz Silver Coin in Card Australia-only-tile.jpg
  • James Bond Man With The Golden Gun 2021 1/2oz Silver Proof Coloured Coin Australia-only-tile.jpg
  • James Bond The Spy who Loved Me 2021 1/2oz Silver Proof Coloured Coin Australia-only-tile.jpg
  • Australian Swan 2021 5oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin  Australia-only-tile.jpg
  • Australian Brumby 2021 2oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin Australia-only-tile.jpg
  • Australian Kangaroo 2021 2oz Gold Proof High Relief Coin
  • Great Southern Land 2021 1oz Silver Proof Mother of Pearl Coin   
  • Dragon 2021 1oz Silver Proof Rectangular Coin
  • Double Dragon and Yin Yang Koi 2021 2oz Silver Antiqued Coin purchase-limits-apply-gold.jpg

Monday 16 August 2021

• Shrek Donkey 2021 1oz silver Coin

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/new/sovereign-2021-gold-bullion-coin-in-blister/

not really a new coin per say, but if you like filling ya pamp card boxes up like me, then the royal mint have just started selling there bullion range in carded blister packs 

very handy ! 

Edited by magpie79

18 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/new/sovereign-2021-gold-bullion-coin-in-blister/

not really a new coin per say, but if you like filling ya pamp card boxes up like me, then the royal mint have just started selling there bullion range in carded blister packs 

very handy ! 

Thanks. I am always very curious if coins in this carded packaging is of better grade? 

i understand they are bullion, but MS70/69 is always nice. 😉

27 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Thanks. I am always very curious if coins in this carded packaging is of better grade? 

They aren't graded, they are just protected in a blister pack like the one gram bars you get

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

59 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

I would only be guessing but there is every chance they would grade better after being put into blister packs 

Edited by magpie79

On 22/07/2021 at 09:23, auleAboutNumismatics said:

I watched a YouTube video earlier this morning, and the grading companies (NGC & PCGS) are getting more stingy in giving out high grades.  MS69/70 would be for first strikes or first 30-60 days type of scenarios now (IMHO).  See attached link for more info.  It is the YouTuber's point of view, and you may agree or disagree with his analysis.  I thought he brought up some interesting (but subjective) points worth noting.

Link: 

Edited by SilverStorm