• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Go on to Westminster coins..they are asking £1250.00 and they get them from the RM....😳😳😳😳😲

It is still on sale at the Royal Mint at £1,065 though they say 70% are reserved.

36 minutes ago, kimchi said:

That's the 'collector' price for some of these more desirable gold 50ps (in PF70 or FDC) imo, but not at release! I get that these are very limited and largely only for the 'money no object' crowd now we're onto issue 4 of an uncirculated coin but it's a lot...

The last time I looked at one from the Mint I believe it was something like £995, so wonder when new releases broke the £1k mark - ?

Well I had another look on Westminster coins...it doesn't mention anything about grading it states 300 mintage gold proof just like the RM I did notice it states £1250 as the issue price from the RM which is incorrect as the price on RM is £1065? Bit confusing as it's the same coin they have received from the RM but at a higher price as far as I can see.

Regards 

On 18/10/2021 at 14:57, CollectorNo1 said:

Well I had another look on Westminster coins...it doesn't mention anything about grading it states 300 mintage gold proof just like the RM I did notice it states £1250 as the issue price from the RM which is incorrect as the price on RM is £1065? Bit confusing as it's the same coin they have received from the RM but at a higher price as far as I can see.

Regards 

Well it's FDC (or should be!) but you're absolutely correct, they say this is the the RM release price, very strange! They also give the 2019 as an example of high demand at mintage 600. This is very naughty imo, as while I didn't follow them last year I imagine they weren't such 'hot' items. 2019 was the second year and rode on the back of the flipping etc frenzy of the first year.

Coin Connection have a 2019 NGC PF70 UC at £975 and the 2020 at £1250 - I haven't looked but I suspect this is because 2020 wasn't so popular and didn't get graded as much so the top pop is small (or they want to make this year's one look like an investment). I'd suggest some 50ps can be sold for £1250, but not this one, and Coin Connection have overpriced here.

No doubt it's a lovely coin (albeit the weakest design so far) but the issue price is stretching it imo, let alone £1250 from Westminster!

Edited by kimchi

25 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Well it's FDC (or should be!) but you're absolutely correct, they say this is the the RM release price, very strange! They also give the 2019 as an example of high demand at mintage 600. This is very naughty imo, as while I didn't follow them last year I imagine they weren't such 'hot' items. 2019 was the second year and rode on the back of the flipping etc frenzy of the first year.

Coin Connection have a 2019 NGC PF70 UC at £975 and the 2020 at £1250 - I haven't looked but I suspect this is because 2020 wasn't so popular and didn't get graded as much so the top pop is small (or they want to make this year's one look like an investment). I'd suggest some 50ps can be sold for £1250, but not this one, and Coin Connection have overpriced here.

No doubt it's a lovely coin (albeit the weakest design so far) but the issue price is stretching it imo, let alone £1250 from Westminster!

I have seen it before with Westminster coins in the past..I think they put the price up as you can pay in installments.... for those who cannot afford to purchase in one go..but I think its disgusting they are charging nearly £200 for this option..😞

39 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I have seen it before with Westminster coins in the past..I think they put the price up as you can pay in installments.... for those who cannot afford to purchase in one go..but I think its disgusting they are charging nearly £200 for this option..😞

At least they're being honest with their price upfront, and it can still be bought from the Mint at the correct price. We've seen far worse imo, such as the Coin Connection appearing to hold back stock until a coin's sold out, and then listing more coins at a higher price.

What is unforgivable (and downright criminal imo) is that they're telling customers this is the Mint release price :o

24 minutes ago, kimchi said:

At least they're being honest with their price upfront, and it can still be bought from the Mint at the correct price. We've seen far worse imo, such as the Coin Connection appearing to hold back stock until a coin's sold out, and then listing more coins at a higher price.

What is unforgivable (and downright criminal imo) is that they're telling customers this is the Mint release price :o

I totally agree😳

2021 New Zealand - Lord of the rings - Boromir - 20th Anniversary

new-zealand-1-oz-silver-lord-of-the-rings-2021-boromir-20th-anniversary.thumb.jpg.ed78e94cf381cfc8887c84bdc564ad68.jpg

2021 Australia Christmas Wonderland

(with gilded rotating snowflake)

iaus852140_2.thumb.jpg.3b7d41d89e4e12efe0b512abdeb16bf1.jpgiaus852140_1.thumb.jpg.96a17d7d343c5f5a9fe6ba7de5592476.jpg

iaus852140_3.thumb.jpg.64e944076f091c27eebda0809f861a99.jpg

2022 Argor Heraeus Lunar Year of the Tiger

(not a coin, but love the tiger design; even better than the Perthtmints one)

argor_yott_1oz_retro.thumb.png.f87623adcd33cec7c5454e9b52dbcc61.png

Edited by daca

1 minute ago, daca said:

2021 New Zealand - Lord of the rings - Boromir - 20th Anniversary

new-zealand-1-oz-silver-lord-of-the-rings-2021-boromir-20th-anniversary.thumb.jpg.ed78e94cf381cfc8887c84bdc564ad68.jpg

2021 Australia Christmas Wonderland

(with gilded rotating snowflake)

iaus852140_2.thumb.jpg.3b7d41d89e4e12efe0b512abdeb16bf1.jpgiaus852140_1.thumb.jpg.96a17d7d343c5f5a9fe6ba7de5592476.jpg

iaus852140_3.thumb.jpg.64e944076f091c27eebda0809f861a99.jpg

2022 Argor Heraeus Lunar Year of the Tiger

(not a coin, but love the tiger design; even better than the Perthtmints one)

argor_yott_1oz_retro.thumb.png.f87623adcd33cec7c5454e9b52dbcc61.png

I love this...where can I get one please??

3 minutes ago, daca said:

They are keeping our expectations low for the Orcs/Uruk-hai coin release

I've always thought Sean Bean was more suited to an Orc's role anyway

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

28 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

It tooks a lot to make me not buying LOTR coins. But not even someone that named his first son Frodo or Boromir would buy this. This could have been a hell of a series, but they messed it up. No matter what coins will follow, i don't want none of them. 

Agreed :(

Have you seen the silver map of Middle Earth? It's absolutely INCREDIBLE ❤️

17 minutes ago, blindedbythelight said:

Terrible looking at this thread - just had to have that map and now just paid stupid money for 1oz of silver from halfway across the real world

Where did you get one from please? I think it's an amazing purchase for a true Middle Earth fan! :)

1 minute ago, blindedbythelight said:

resorted to ebay.com, there are still a few listings in the USA but none left for price I just paid - cheapest now I can see  is $199 + shipping and then probably taxes 

They were never cheap to start with! An incredible purchase imo and if you're a big fan something to keep for life :D