• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

7 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I was a bit worried just now as my Pyx order was no longer in my list of open orders! But, phew, it's now in the closed orders, which presumably means it's already being dispatched and that there were no availability issues?!

Only downside is that I figured there would be no time to waste, so I forgot to use the BND253 voucher code that would have got a free £5 bunc.

Which one did you buy again Paul?

You could call customer services with the code, although it may be clutching at straws a little...

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

Which one did you buy again Paul?

You could call customer services with the code, although it may be clutching at straws a little...

I got carried away! I went for the Britannia Oriental Border, Year of the Pig, Royal Arms, and both of the Queen's Beasts 1oz proofs. I will let fate run its course and just use the code another day :D 

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I got carried away! I went for the Britannia Oriental Border, Year of the Pig, Royal Arms, and both of the Queen's Beasts 1oz proofs. I will let fate run its course and just use the code another day :D 

I just reached my like limit for the day but loving that order.

I was so close to buying several of those coins. Am I right in saying the pig privy was limited to 10?

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

I just reached my like limit for the day but loving that order.

I was so close to buying several of those coins. Am I right in saying the pig privy was limited to 10?

Not sure about that one, but the non-privy Year of the Pig one said it was limited to 6.

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Not sure about that one, but the non-privy Year of the Pig one said it was limited to 6.

I see. They have removed the listings as they sell out now. Not sure if the limitation info is still available thereafter

4 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I see. They have removed the listings as they sell out now. Not sure if the limitation info is still available thereafter

Hopefully it will say what the limit is with all the paperwork that they come with!

18 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

It's a nice set, but what do the others sell for? There's only one Kew Gardens in it, which is where the money is.

I'm not really sure tbh.

Sorry I missed seeing this post yesterday.

I’m not sure about the value of these 50ps as I don’t really have an interest in this range. 

13 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Sorry I missed seeing this post yesterday.

I’m not sure about the value of these 50ps as I don’t really have an interest in this range. 

I'm curious as well as to why the Kew Gardens became so sought after. Nice coin but I'm not overly familiar with 50p's.

Just now, Altitudes said:

I'm curious as well as to why the Kew Gardens became so sought after. Nice coin but I'm not overly familiar with 50p's.

It's most likely due to the fact that the circulated version is so rare. Even a bruised up circulated Kew Gardens coin is worth quite a lot to some people!

10 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

It's most likely due to the fact that the circulated version is so rare. Even a bruised up circulated Kew Gardens coin is worth quite a lot to some people!

@Altitudes

Yup. As Paul says, it’s the 2009 Kew Gardens released for circulation that has one of the lowest mintages of circulation coins.

Strangely (or maybe shrewdly!) the RM released a silver proof version again in 2019, and I guess people just automatically got on the Kew Gardens bandwagon thinking it would become sought after too. In reality, the 2019 silver proof Kew Gardens is no rarer than any other RM silver proof coin. 

Edited by westminstrel