• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Cabinet Auction #38 today

Paul

51 minutes ago, Paul said:

anyone having a bid today ?

anything catch you eye 

Few Three Graces pieces in todays sale, 2oz gold at £30,000 already

Prices overall look strong already pre-bidding

Hi Paul,  very exciting as usual :) 

Even more excited as  I know that my gold 3G  is a PF70 ;) I will receive it probably in the next 2 weeks

42 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Hi Paul,  very exciting as usual :) 

Even more excited as  I know that my gold 3G  is a PF70 ;) I will receive it probably in the next 2 weeks

Great news that Lionel :) well done, the 70 guarantees your best price when you choose to sell

I missed everything apart from one. I also ignored my general rule of sticking to my highest bid as the blooming coin went over that point very quickly.

Some interesting and low prices on silver today!!

3 hours ago, Seasider said:

So I notice that lot 11 was passed.  What happened there?  Did no-one bid or have they introduced reserves?

There was certainly people bidding on this coin, then an  "error " message appeared and the lot was withdrawn ? 

Edited by Fivepoundfred

4 minutes ago, Fivepoundfred said:

There was certainly people bidding on this coin, then an " "error " message appeared and the lot was withdrawn ? 

Thanks.  I wonder what happened.  Maybe two people bid at precisely the same moment and overloaded the system.

1 hour ago, goldhunter said:

Three graces prices much lower this month. It appears that the shill bidders had a day off.

I cannot believe the price the kilo went for. I was close to bidding on it but given where it is and how other weights of the 3G have been doing I decided against it. £7k for the 10oz raw last month and £5,250 for the kilo raw today...£3,900 for the 5oz PF70...

I don’t think this is anything to do with shill bidding as this just isn’t possible at Coin Cabinet. I think it’s just purely down to interest dropping. The ‘Una’ affect may have gone now for anything that isn’t actually an Una (silver/gold) or the gold versions of the Graces....

Just my view!!

PS who on earth paid £975.00 for the Machin Portrait Decimel Day Piedfort 50p? Haha!!!

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I don’t think this is anything to do with shill bidding as this just isn’t possible at Coin Cabinet. I think it’s just purely down to interest dropping. The ‘Una’ affect may have gone now for anything that isn’t actually an Una (silver/gold) or the gold versions of the Graces....

Just my view!!

At almost half the price for the last gold Una sold here , all the 3G gold prices are "relatively" disapointing, but still desirable compared to other modern series , the 5oz gold Music Legend are big loosers with prices around £1600/oz for such coins...minus the fees, sellers did sell them for almost bullion prices :( The 2oz gold are a little bit better but close to RM issue prices. In general, I feel that demand for these special modern series was soft in this auction . I am curious to see in the future if this is a new trend or an exception

Edited by Frenchie

I only bid on the Rocking Horse crown but left that after it reached £100+. Was an interesting auction, some coins were strong and other strong coins seem to have hit the buffers. 

I’ve got myself a republic denarius and a 1874 half dollar this week so I can’t moan that I walked away empty handed today but the take away message is the current market is all over the place  

I am steering well clear of buying from on-line auctions for the time being.

Some of the prices - particularly for the recent proofs seem odd to me (as in too high).  

Best 

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 2 weeks later...

I used to buy a lot from the cc but recently i have noticed strange happenings.  I left max bids at market price on 3 vic sovereigns and i had done my homework so i should of got at least one but i was outbid on all of them by one or two bids.  Now i cannot prove anything and it was probably be legit, the buyer/ ers might of wanted the coins at 'any price'.  But i am now  suspicious. I then checked around and found dealers selling coins at about the same price as the acheived Auction price, so the buyer'ers could of just bought the same coins from a dealer.       

4 minutes ago, Pipers said:

I used to buy a lot from the cc but recently i have noticed strange happenings.  I left max bids at market price on 3 vic sovereigns and i had done my homework so i should of got at least one but i was outbid on all of them by one or two bids.  Now i cannot prove anything and it was probably be legit, the buyer/ ers might of wanted the coins at 'any price'.  But i am now  suspicious. I then checked around and found dealers selling coins at about the same price as the acheived Auction price, so the buyer'ers could of just bought the same coins from a dealer.       

But you could have also bought the coins from the dealer at the equilalent of the auction price.  So I am not sure what the problem is.  It would seem that the auction price/ dealer's price was the going rate for the items?

21 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

But you could have also bought the coins from the dealer at the equilalent of the auction price.  So I am not sure what the problem is.  It would seem that the auction price/ dealer's price was the going rate for the items?

28 minutes ago, Pipers said:

No not really My bids were below the dealer prices.  The reason for buying at auction is to buy cheaper.  Remember your rights are a lot less at auction than from a dealer.  Anyway i do not to argue so lets leave it there.

Edited by Pipers