• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where can I buy some silver in London?

I’ve heard there are a few shops in Hatton Gardens, but my question is: would they sell small quantities like 100£? If so, can I see online what they have and the price?  I feel like I would be bothering just for a kookaburra lol...

I’m new in this forum, if this doesn’t go here I’ll delete it.

thanks 

Sharps Pixley are in St James 

Hatton Garden Metals and Baird Mint are in Hatton Garden

All 3 are well respected and I've used SP and HGM with no issues

All of them sell 1oz silver and bars

DYOR though as they will all be £30+ an Oz for coins and rounds at the minute. 

On 21/05/2021 at 03:02, Epictetus said:

I’ve heard there are a few shops in Hatton Gardens, but my question is: would they sell small quantities like 100£? If so, can I see online what they have and the price?  I feel like I would be bothering just for a kookaburra lol...

I’m new in this forum, if this doesn’t go here I’ll delete it.

thanks 

Buying on the forum is cheaper if you subscribe as you’ll see things up for sale quicker. Dealers will charge more. If you can buy more at the same time you’ll get a bit of a discount but not much. But no reason why not to go and have a look. They are shops after all and I’m sure they have some good things to look at and purchase if something takes your fancy. 

17 hours ago, Chrissyblards1 said:

Buying on the forum is cheaper if you subscribe as you’ll see things up for sale quicker. Dealers will charge more. If you can buy more at the same time you’ll get a bit of a discount but not much. But no reason why not to go and have a look. They are shops after all and I’m sure they have some good things to look at and purchase if something takes your fancy. 

Any advise for not getting scammed buying in the forum? The main reason I buy to dealers is because I don’t have to worry about that

All sellers and buyers on here have ratings and comments. On a forum like this the reputation is everything. There is also the option of using an intermediary and contributing to a group purchase. Read posts and you will get a feel for who is knowledg eable ( and the information you will get is excellent ).

Like you i was very wary of buying from strangers on here but have been very pleasantly surprised. This is not ebay.

Speak to the person you’re interested in purchasing from on here. They have ratings on here and are regular sellers. There is some bargains to be had. Always be wary of someone doesn’t have a big rating but they will usually be found out to be a scammer on here and kicked off the site if they are up to no good.

7 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Any advise for not getting scammed buying in the forum? The main reason I buy to dealers is because I don’t have to worry about that

Hi, Epictetus,

Check, please, the trading feedbacks on forum. There are at this moment 21970 positive, 6 neutral, 13 negative. I've spent a day reading the feedbacks and I couldn't find from negative something like a scam. Usually the buyer was upset about the real condition of a collectible coin, with a damage not described accurate enough, or the seller upset about somebody who changed his mind and didn't paid after a deal was made.

All the sellers on here are working hard to keep their 100% positive feedback history. On this forum, the trust is everything. The admin team and moderators are doing a great job, keeping this place safe. And they are not joking when it is something suspicious. 

On this forum I feel like in a utopian village, where I can sleep during the night with unlocked doors and during the day I can talk friendly with everybody about everything.

Thank you, TSF!

18 hours ago, Epictetus said:

I tend to go for either over 15-30 positive sales feedback or a decent amount of posting & post likes. 
that way I know they are genuine. I dont have a big selling profile, but I have a lot of posts & likes & stuff. 
A few people that have bought from me have ready through my posts and topics to get a feel of what sort of person I am. 

Not had a problem other than someone selling me a toned/bit milky Aztec as he did no photograph the front. :)
Use special delivery, although I have bought and sold a lot of solver with first class and even Hermes with no problem. 

Edited by Stacktastic