• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

10oz silver Queens Beasts Completer.

NOT COOL at all.
I have a lovely heavy bespoke wooden box from @Alunthat does not have the space for an added coin.
Hope it NEVER happens.

PS I just received my gold completer coin and although the concept is nice you really need a magnifying glass to appreciate the details.
In my opinion far too much crammed on to a small area.
Would be great on a 10 oz coin but back to my point ....

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

NOT COOL at all.
I have a lovely heavy bespoke wooden box from @Alunthat does not have the space for an added coin.
Hope it NEVER happens.

PS I just received my gold completer coin and although the concept is nice you really need a magnifying glass to appreciate the details.

A lovely coin and I am glad it exists, but very cheeky of the Mint really to make an 11th coin in a 10 coin set.

There won't be a 1/4 gold proof either so I see these somewhat as a separate but obviously connected release. If I had a lovely boxed set like that I'd get the 'Completer' (blooming cheeky name too imo) and just keep it separate. But I do understand those who'd want them all together.

11 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I, for one, would rather the mint released this coin then worry too much about the series.

Does anyone actually prefer this coin didn't exist?

As a QB set collector of silver, gold and platinum issues I am not at all happy that the RM has added another coin to a fixed series.
Having announced the fixed number of coins in a set at the start - fine- but not expanding the series shortly after the last coin was issued.
This really sucks and maybe if popular they will start issuing the same coins with small privy marks ad infinitum.
Just another means of sucking in more orders from their loyal supporters.
[ Quote ] Black Adder - " a cunning plan " .

I can only take that as a yes.

I think personally it would be a travesty if this wonderful coin didn't exist.

The fact someone made a box, is insignificant really, as disappointing that it might be.

I would agree if it were a privy mark etc but it isn't. 

I for one don't count the completer as part of the QB set. It is a nice coin I am sure. But the Royal mint shouldn't have released it afterwards. It feels the same as they would suddenly up all the mintages. All this prevents me from buying it or counting it as part of the set. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

NOT COOL at all.
Hope it NEVER happens.

When it does happen Pete. I will look at making an amendment to the foam base for those that want it of course, I'm already working on a solution for the 1oz proof collectors to adapt the foam to accommodate 11 coins. There is space for this on all the boxes I've produced, in the case of the 10oz the simplest most cost effective solution will be to place 6 coins in the base, which will then allow the completer to sit in the middle of the removeable wooden tray and be the center piece. So its not the end of the world for any of my customers. Just got to wait and see and give me the time to sort out a solution when the time comes...

I am a collector of the QB series and, even though I had 2 chances to pick a completer coin up, I didn't "feel it" enough to add it to my collection... but in saying that, I do like the coin.

Who knows, I may change my mind in the future and regret it?

From the perspective of a collector, I am pleased that the completer coin came out - let the dust settle a bit and possibly see some of those who have bought it (and some of those who wanted it but missed out) start to be interested in the individual collection.

Sorry to be a little critical of the completer coin, but the beasts are only partly there on the coin and not in full, like the 10 individual coins. 

I know it's crowded on the table already and it would be even more crowded and possibly impossible to show this important detail on a 1 oz coin - but none of the beasts have their shields and their origins on the coin. If they did, I probably would have bought one and it probably would have come out in a larger size that would fit some or all of that, what I feel is important and significant, detail on.

The coin does feel like an afterthought, but a nice afterthought by the RM.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

3 hours ago, Pete said:

This really sucks and maybe if popular they will start issuing the same coins with small privy marks ad infinitum.
Just another means of sucking in more orders from their loyal supporters.
[ Quote ] Black Adder - " a cunning plan " .

I personally don't think more QB's will come out with privy marks and such like.

If they did, I think the RM would not mint them with quite the same design, but possibly leaving out some important detail, but think they would attract attention for the original beasts that you have in your collection.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

On 15/05/2021 at 20:17, GoldenGriffin said:

I am a collector of the QB series and, even though I had 2 chances to pick a completer coin up, I didn't "feel it" enough to add it to my collection... but in saying that, I do like the coin.

Who knows, I may change my mind in the future and regret it?

From the perspective of a collector, I am pleased that the completer coin came out - let the dust settle a bit and possibly see some of those who have bought it (and some of those who wanted it but missed out) start to be interested in the individual collection.

Sorry to be a little critical of the completer coin, but the beasts are only partly there on the coin and not in full, like the 10 individual coins. 

I know it's crowded on the table already and it would be even more crowded and possibly impossible to show this important detail on a 1 oz coin - but none of the beasts have their shields and their origins on the coin. If they did, I probably would have bought one and it probably would have come out in a larger size that would fit some or all of that, what I feel is important and significant, detail on.

The coin does feel like an afterthought, but a nice afterthought by the RM.

I did a quick mockup showing one of the beasts with its shield as on original coin. As you can see there's definitely not the room to accommodate the shield on the 1oz coin for all of the beasts. 

Completer coin.jpg

1 hour ago, katmonkey said:

I did a quick mockup showing one of the beasts with its shield as on original coin. As you can see there's definitely not the room to accommodate the shield on the 1oz coin for all of the beasts. 

Completer coin.jpg

Thank you for the mockup @katmonkey 👍😃

I thought it wouldn't work on a 1 oz coin. 

They'd probably have to resize the beasts and shields AND mint them on a larger coin for it to possibly work.

Would be great though, to have the shields on there to replace the Queen's effigy, as we already have her on the obverse.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/05/2021 at 20:11, Alun said:

When it does happen Pete. I will look at making an amendment to the foam base for those that want it of course, I'm already working on a solution for the 1oz proof collectors to adapt the foam to accommodate 11 coins. There is space for this on all the boxes I've produced, in the case of the 10oz the simplest most cost effective solution will be to place 6 coins in the base, which will then allow the completer to sit in the middle of the removeable wooden tray and be the center piece. So its not the end of the world for any of my customers. Just got to wait and see and give me the time to sort out a solution when the time comes...

.....it's time 😊

On 20/12/2021 at 18:03, YMC said:

Sorry if that’s been discussed. Does anyone know if there will be a 10oz bullion QB completer? Or has the 1kg concluded the series?

....releasing as we speak. 

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away.