• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice on new seller please

Advice, please, TSF team!

Should I buy from a business platinum member who:

1. Only provided his full name after I asked three times
  2. Says he has no social media profile, and is a member of no other groups, although I infer from Google that he has an ebay shop
  3. Expects the buyer to take responsibility for a failed delivery
  4. Will not lock in a price for staged payments conditional on the preceding successful delivery/deliveries
  5. Can only promise dispatch within 3-4 days because of "many other responsibilities" ("two full time jobs and not including this")
  6. Has a "community reputation" of 70-80 and exclusively positive trading feedback of 10-20

Sorry to be nervy!

1 minute ago, Leonmarsh said:

I would probably speak with one of the mods sometimes someone can. be a trusted seller but not use this forum much 

For me I only buy snf sell on here I don't have a Facebook or Instagram etc because I can't be arsed with it 

Thank you. That's good advice. What's the best way to tag a mod in this thread?

(and I greatly respect a lack of social media profile, but I expect someone I'm sending 4 figures to to have *some* profile *somewhere*!

Edited by kamik0zi

Just now, Leonmarsh said:

All I'm known for is the pants down specials lol where I sell at a loss, on this basis I'm probably not the best to give advice lol 

😂

I suspect that most of my PM deals have advantaged the other party more than me!! Crypto, however, I am uniquely adept at selling at the wrong time! (Discord servers are available for retraining ...)

If it means anything to you I bought a tube of coins from the person I think you are referring to and they arrived sealed and in good condition. I know their name and they are always helpful I find. I presume your order would be insured too wouldnt it? 

You can always buy from me in confidence.

As the saying goes You cant beat a bit of bullly....

NO caravan nor speedboat included - terms and conditions apply!

Stay out of the black and in the red and nothing for 2 in a bed! 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, Digs said:

If it means anything to you I bought a tube of coins from the person I think you are referring to and they arrived sealed and in good condition. I know their name and they are always helpful I find. I presume your order would be insured too wouldnt it? 

That was the issue. I asked for a quote for full insurance and he offered partial insurance. I said OK if you can accept that risk. Oddly enough, he did not!

Is there not the option of the forum owner holding the money for the trader until your goods arrive? I thought I read that could happen 

They do big group buys i believe so are used to holding members money.

I could be wrong but a trusted 3rd party may help.

Just now, Captinjack said:

Is there not the option of the forum owner holding the money for the trader until your goods arrive? I thought I read that could happen 

Arrrrgh no me hearty! Capt no! These vagabonds work on trust.

Take that steering wheel from down ya underpants - it must be driving you nuts!

But ye can use intermediatery services like backyaaaaaarrggggghhhhard bullion!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, Captinjack said:

Great suggestion. Thanks, Captinjack. An escrow could be very helpful here.

9 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You can always buy from me in confidence.

As the saying goes You cant beat a bit of bullly....

NO caravan nor speedboat included - terms and conditions apply!

Stay out of the black and in the red and nothing for 2 in a bed! 

You are very kind, HerefordBullyun. I'm after 8 tubes of Brits. Anything doing?

On 11/05/2021 at 23:49, Tn21 said:

If your nervy I would say no, simple as. 

Plenty of fish in the sea 

All that needs to be said imo.

I don't know about some of the points (5 and 6 by themselves wouldn't worry me) but number 3 would stop me going ahead myself (with no idea who the member in question is, and casting no aspersions on them - it's just not the way I'm comfortable doing things).

Edited by kimchi

8 minutes ago, kamik0zi said:

You are very kind, HerefordBullyun. I'm after 8 tubes of Brits. Anything doing?

Unfortunately not sir! But if I do decide to sell I will bare you in mind. Im continuing to buy given the market :) - which some may disagree - I need to continue to hedge against inflation.

I would recommend getting membership because you can good deals from people like arshimo who I have load of brits from before when he gets them.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Unfortunately not sir! But if I do decide to sell I will bare you in mind. Im continuing to buy given the market :) - which some may disagree - I need to continue hedge against inflation.

I would recommend getting membership because you can good deals from people like arshimo who I have load of brits from before when he gets them.

I have enjoyed premium membership in the past, certainly! However, renewing that now to be able to send and receive PMs from a full inbox seems difficult :(
I have used the contact form to request an extension of my membership.

22 minutes ago, Digs said:

Thank you. Not necessarily!!