• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz Silver Forum Bars (2021) - Officially Released!

Hi

I'm new to this, I have put myself on the wait list.....would just like to know how it works? .I see people requesting the same number of bars as they had last year..or asking for certain numbers of the bar...

Obviously they will be prioritised as they are members and I'm not yet.....I'm not holding my breath of actually being lucky enough to get one of these as I know I'm way,way,way down on the list.....but for my info going forward.. what is the best chance of being close to buying one of these in the future..

Regards.. 

4 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Hi

I'm new to this, I have put myself on the wait list.....would just like to know how it works? .I see people requesting the same number of bars as they had last year..or asking for certain numbers of the bar...

Obviously they will be prioritised as they are members and I'm not yet.....I'm not holding my breath of actually being lucky enough to get one of these as I know I'm way,way,way down on the list.....but for my info going forward.. what is the best chance of being close to buying one of these in the future..

Regards.. 

Anybody with a 2020 edition gets first refusal at the same number. If they haven't confirmed by the end of May then those numbers go for allocation and purchase by people on the waiting list.

What we do is take payment from everyone on the waiting list and then open a first come first served basis thread to allocate all remaining serial numbers for people.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 10/05/2021 at 04:22, BackyardBullion said:

Hello everyone. @ChrisSIlver and I are very happy to announce the official release of the 2021 1 oz Silver Forum Bars!

We would also like to thank everybody for their patience in the build up to this release - it has been a busy year to date and it is no easy task to bring a project like this together. 

There is a lot of information to disseminate so please bear with us, some of this might be relevant to different people. I have broken this post up into different sections for ease of reading. 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here on this thread or via PM. 

First, here are some glamour shots of the 2021 1 oz forum bars!

PXL_20210510_084756055.thumb.jpg.f1ae6b07d8113917913c153d5deede61.jpg

PXL_20210510_084717125.thumb.jpg.c670ab7e2625c4a772a7d29bb7f93764.jpg

PXL_20210510_082900073.thumb.jpg.d34555576110516661845c018f5ac84f.jpg

Changes for 2021 

2021 does not see any design changes for the 1 oz Silver Forum Bars other than the year date stamp.

2021 does, however, see the first increase in mintage for the 1 oz bars (more information on this later in this post).

We think these are by far and away the best iterations of the 1 oz forum bars to date and I am very honoured and privileged to continue to work with @ChrisSilver, The Silver Forum and ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL MEMBERS out there!

There are a lot of different aspects to tell you about so I have split this post up into various sections, hopefully this will cover most of your questions but if there is something I have not covered then please feel free to get in touch or comment on this thread. 

What are The Silver Forum Bars all about?

The Silver Forum hand poured products (in all their sizes) have been created as a way to draw the silver forum community together but also as a fundraising and brand awareness raising exercise. Some of the proceeds from the sales goes directly to the forum and helps greatly with running costs and keeping the forum the way we have become accustomed to. Silver Premium, Gold Premium and Platinum Premium and now platinum plus memberships go a long way to helping the running of the forum and to help keep the membership prices as low as practical, The Silver Forum Bars we make help a lot too. 

In addition you are supporting the Backyard Bullion brand and poured silver from us. This is our 5th year producing hand poured silver for the silver forum and 6th Year pouring silver - it is because of the support we get from members on and off the silver forum that keeps us doing what we do and striving to do better every year. 

These bars are all hand poured, stamped and finished by myself meaning each and every bar is unique in some way. The weights will vary bar to bar (although none less than 1 ozt) and the cooling patterns of the silver will also be unique and different for each one. 

The allure of hand poured silver is growing stronger year by year and these bars are a brilliant way to start collecting hand poured silver and at the same time supporting The Silver Forum and the Backyard Bullion brand too. 

These bars are ready to be shipped immediately.

In previous years we have done a pre-release reservation period - we have moved away from this model of business and now any releases we make are only announced when they are finished. 

The bars are all finished and can be dispatched as early as the end of this week.

Hallmarking

As with all of my Hand Poured Silver products these bars have been Assay Tested and Hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office. 

Hallmarking is a very good addition to any poured silver. It is your guarantee that these bars are indeed 999 fine silver and made by me in 2021.

Mintage

The mintage for 2021 will be: 250 bars

Previous years we had mintages of 200 (2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020). 

This is the first mintage increase for this product line and reflects the growing popularity of these bars and the expanding silver forum membership. 

As with previous years members with bars from a preceding year have first right of refusal at the same serial number in the current year. This often leads minimal bars available for new members. 

This year, there will be at least 50 new bars available for new members to have a chance to get a bar. 

Serial Number reservations & previous bar ownership

Questions regarding serial numbers and securing a bar are the most commonly asked questions I get. 

The rule of thumb has been and always will be if you own the previous years serial number you have first right of refusal for taking up the bar in 2021. 

For new members or people without a 2020 bar this might seem like you have no chance of getting one - there will always be people who do not/cannot take up their 2020 bars and as such there is always a batch of bars available for new members.

In addition we have increased the mintage, so there will certainly be bars to go around for new members. 

Deadlines to secure bars

To claim your existing serial number and bar (if you own a 2020 bar) please contact me and confirm (and pay) before the end of May. After this date we will not be able to guarantee your purchase and will offer these serial numbers out to members on the waiting list. 

Waiting list for new members/owners

If you would like to purchase a bar past experience has showed me that there will be a lot of demand. As such, we will be operating a waiting list which will ultimately end up in a random lottery to see if members will be allocated a bar. It is the fairest way to do this. 

We will be restricting this waiting list to 1 bar per member to ensure as many different people get access to a bar as possible. 

To be placed on the waiting list, please comment on this thread and we will make sure you are added. 

We will not be contacting people on the waiting list until the first week of June to collect payment and distribute bars. 

Pricing and shipping details

Prices are as follows for the different Silver Forum membership levels

Standard or Non member price - £40 per bar

Silver member price - £39 per bar

Gold member price - £38 per bar

Platinum member price - £37 per bar

Platinum plus member price - £36 per bar

UK Postage & Packaging: +£3 via Royal Mail Signed for delivery or £7 Special Delivery

International postage: +£10 tracked and insured, +£5 untracked and limited insurance

A few notes on pricing

These bars are not cheap bullion. They are not advertised or sold as investment products but as unique collectable items.

Some of the proceeds from the sales of these bars goes directly to The Silver Forum. 

Every bar is UNIQUE. These bars are hand poured, hand stamped and polished by me. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, my brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these bars go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. 

The price also incorporates the Hallmarking costs, this includes postage of these bars to and from Edinburgh and the application of the hallmark.

Forum membership and pricing 

As you can see there are some very good savings to be had for upgrading your membership - so take a look at all of the benefits that are available for Premium Members today!

A few notes on pricing

These bars are not cheap bullion. They are not sold as investment products but as collectables.

These bars are hand poured, hand stamped and polished by me. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, my brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these bars go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. 

Standard members - The difference in price is as a way for you to support the forum in a one off style payment rather than signing up for membership. But also please feel free to upgrade your membership to take advantage of the discounts available. 

The price also incorporates the Hallmarking costs, this includes postage of these bars to and from Edinburgh and the application of the hallmark.

Payment Information

We can accept payment via PayPal, Banks Transfer or Credit/Debit card (Phone call will be required to complete the transaction)

If you would like to order a bar please PM or reply to this thread and we can link up with payment information. 

Waiting list please!

11 minutes ago, dmcac said:

Hello,

Got a question I'm number #52 on 3oz bars. Does it works the same for the 1oz? BTW are also the 3oz about to come out? 😍

I am afraid the serial numbers are all in relation to the different sizes only. 

We plan to release the 3 oz rounds in October/November this year and as with these 1 oz bars ownership of a 2020 edition guarantees first right of refusal of the 2021 editions. 

But it does not cross over from different sizes. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 10/05/2021 at 10:22, BackyardBullion said:

Hello everyone. @ChrisSIlver and I are very happy to announce the official release of the 2021 1 oz Silver Forum Bars!

We would also like to thank everybody for their patience in the build up to this release - it has been a busy year to date and it is no easy task to bring a project like this together. 

There is a lot of information to disseminate so please bear with us, some of this might be relevant to different people. I have broken this post up into different sections for ease of reading. 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here on this thread or via PM. 

First, here are some glamour shots of the 2021 1 oz forum bars!

PXL_20210510_084756055.thumb.jpg.f1ae6b07d8113917913c153d5deede61.jpg

PXL_20210510_084717125.thumb.jpg.c670ab7e2625c4a772a7d29bb7f93764.jpg

PXL_20210510_082900073.thumb.jpg.d34555576110516661845c018f5ac84f.jpg

Changes for 2021 

2021 does not see any design changes for the 1 oz Silver Forum Bars other than the year date stamp.

2021 does, however, see the first increase in mintage for the 1 oz bars (more information on this later in this post).

We think these are by far and away the best iterations of the 1 oz forum bars to date and I am very honoured and privileged to continue to work with @ChrisSilver, The Silver Forum and ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL MEMBERS out there!

There are a lot of different aspects to tell you about so I have split this post up into various sections, hopefully this will cover most of your questions but if there is something I have not covered then please feel free to get in touch or comment on this thread. 

What are The Silver Forum Bars all about?

The Silver Forum hand poured products (in all their sizes) have been created as a way to draw the silver forum community together but also as a fundraising and brand awareness raising exercise. Some of the proceeds from the sales goes directly to the forum and helps greatly with running costs and keeping the forum the way we have become accustomed to. Silver Premium, Gold Premium and Platinum Premium and now platinum plus memberships go a long way to helping the running of the forum and to help keep the membership prices as low as practical, The Silver Forum Bars we make help a lot too. 

In addition you are supporting the Backyard Bullion brand and poured silver from us. This is our 5th year producing hand poured silver for the silver forum and 6th Year pouring silver - it is because of the support we get from members on and off the silver forum that keeps us doing what we do and striving to do better every year. 

These bars are all hand poured, stamped and finished by myself meaning each and every bar is unique in some way. The weights will vary bar to bar (although none less than 1 ozt) and the cooling patterns of the silver will also be unique and different for each one. 

The allure of hand poured silver is growing stronger year by year and these bars are a brilliant way to start collecting hand poured silver and at the same time supporting The Silver Forum and the Backyard Bullion brand too. 

These bars are ready to be shipped immediately.

In previous years we have done a pre-release reservation period - we have moved away from this model of business and now any releases we make are only announced when they are finished. 

The bars are all finished and can be dispatched as early as the end of this week.

Hallmarking

As with all of my Hand Poured Silver products these bars have been Assay Tested and Hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office. 

Hallmarking is a very good addition to any poured silver. It is your guarantee that these bars are indeed 999 fine silver and made by me in 2021.

Mintage

The mintage for 2021 will be: 250 bars

Previous years we had mintages of 200 (2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020). 

This is the first mintage increase for this product line and reflects the growing popularity of these bars and the expanding silver forum membership. 

As with previous years members with bars from a preceding year have first right of refusal at the same serial number in the current year. This often leads minimal bars available for new members. 

This year, there will be at least 50 new bars available for new members to have a chance to get a bar. 

Serial Number reservations & previous bar ownership

Questions regarding serial numbers and securing a bar are the most commonly asked questions I get. 

The rule of thumb has been and always will be if you own the previous years serial number you have first right of refusal for taking up the bar in 2021. 

For new members or people without a 2020 bar this might seem like you have no chance of getting one - there will always be people who do not/cannot take up their 2020 bars and as such there is always a batch of bars available for new members.

In addition we have increased the mintage, so there will certainly be bars to go around for new members. 

Deadlines to secure bars

To claim your existing serial number and bar (if you own a 2020 bar) please contact me and confirm (and pay) before the end of May. After this date we will not be able to guarantee your purchase and will offer these serial numbers out to members on the waiting list. 

Waiting list for new members/owners

If you would like to purchase a bar past experience has showed me that there will be a lot of demand. As such, we will be operating a waiting list which will ultimately end up in a random lottery to see if members will be allocated a bar. It is the fairest way to do this. 

We will be restricting this waiting list to 1 bar per member to ensure as many different people get access to a bar as possible. 

To be placed on the waiting list, please comment on this thread and we will make sure you are added. 

We will not be contacting people on the waiting list until the first week of June to collect payment and distribute bars. 

Pricing and shipping details

Prices are as follows for the different Silver Forum membership levels

Standard or Non member price - £40 per bar

Silver member price - £39 per bar

Gold member price - £38 per bar

Platinum member price - £37 per bar

Platinum plus member price - £36 per bar

UK Postage & Packaging: +£3 via Royal Mail Signed for delivery or £7 Special Delivery

International postage: +£10 tracked and insured, +£5 untracked and limited insurance

A few notes on pricing

These bars are not cheap bullion. They are not advertised or sold as investment products but as unique collectable items.

Some of the proceeds from the sales of these bars goes directly to The Silver Forum. 

Every bar is UNIQUE. These bars are hand poured, hand stamped and polished by me. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, my brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these bars go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. 

Forum membership and pricing 

As you can see there are some very good savings to be had for upgrading your membership - so take a look at all of the benefits that are available for Premium Members today!

A few notes on pricing

These bars are not cheap bullion. They are not sold as investment products but as collectables.

These bars are hand poured, hand stamped and polished by me. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, my brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these bars go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. 

Standard members - The difference in price is as a way for you to support the forum in a one off style payment rather than signing up for membership. But also please feel free to upgrade your membership to take advantage of the discounts available. 

Payment Information

We can accept payment via PayPal, Banks Transfer or Credit/Debit card (Phone call will be required to complete the transaction)

If you would like to order a bar please PM or reply to this thread and we can link up with payment information. 

Waiting List, Please

Waiting List, Please