• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 2021 premium exclusive 1oz BU coin

Hi all,

spotted this today - I know, I’m late to the party!

Wondering what your thoughts were on this one, as it’s the first time a separate design has been used? Likely to be one to put away for a while? 🤔 and 7,500? Is that considered a low mintage in the scheme of these things?

Be interested to hear what you ‘old hands’ think☺️
Cheers,
Bob

2F7B419A-5259-4C78-A7E4-6EFEAC1265B5.png

Edited by Scootermuppet
Correction of spelling

I bought one as the proof was gone and find it VERY attractive - certainly artistically IMO superior to the standard 2021 Proof Britannia. That one really is atrocious - even though I bought one to keep the series up. In case there be a doubter, cone in on the face of the standard Britannia - OUCH!!!! Just horrible.

7 hours ago, DaKine said:

I bought one as the proof was gone and find it VERY attractive - certainly artistically IMO superior to the standard 2021 Proof Britannia.

Looks like 'buy what you like' applies to most forms of collecting 😊

Any 'diehard' stackers have an opinion on if the coin might be a good investment? Seeing as it's the first one of its type?

(I know it'll never be as valuable as a Proof etc, but hey - us newbie stackers on a budget have to start somewhere 😏)

4 hours ago, dj1964 said:

I purchased the coin specifically because it is the first and only of it's type produced by RM.  I'm anticipating that it will be a one off and the RM will return to the original Britannia image.

Thanks DJ, that was kinda my thought as well...

Even the 1 OZ is a really nice coin. For sure, the 2 OZ is another level. But the 1 OZ is also an outstanding coin with the same unique design, first in the premium line and really, really nice to watch. Maybe the mintage is a little bit to high, but they will find their way into collectors hands. And as longer a coin is in stock, more collectors than flippers are on it. And a collector hardly will let this go again. In a long turn, they will be hard to find for a good price. I believe not only a must have for beginners with small budget, this design should be in every Britannia collection.

Edited by dikefalos