• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QB Completer - 1oz Gold Bullion - Thoughts?

dicker

On 02/05/2021 at 20:55, TutoredSoup232 said:

The proofs were cool but I don't know how I feel about spending £90 on something which will probably spot. Its not like the RM has good quality control so its a gamble on something which might go down instead of up in value. I wanted to get the 1oz proof but I just couldn't do it bearing this in mind.

I wish they'd make silver bullion versions to go alongside the bullion gold. I would've liked ¼oz but I'm guessing the design would've been lost. I'll be saving up and getting it from atkinsons as its cheaper and its a nice coin to get if you didn't manage to get the entire series 

99899D16-B61C-43AB-B0AC-22AD4AD4FD6B.jpeg

2 hours ago, LolRasta said:

Yes got mine yesterday but it’s got some damage and not sure if I can get it replaced. Or should just keep it. It’s like someone pokes it with a pin. 

DFE0D1C5-331A-4F23-B6E2-48E721A00D19.jpeg

A6BBCB1E-3D03-4B27-9DE7-40B9FC687720.jpeg

My 1oz Gold came last yesterday with my other QB.   Not opened yet  I'm filming it later for YT.  If there is the slightest defect it's going back.  If you are paying 100% plus over spot for a proof then it's got to be perfect, zero excuses.   There is a clear problem with the sand blasting and the life of their die.

It's looking like theres not many strikes before they get defects.  As much as I like them the modern matt Sovereigns are utterly plagued with this problem.

See how I get on later today!  

@BackyardBullion @Stuntman @Midasfrog Thanks everyone for the input, really helps make up my mind what to do.

I have requested a return label and after calling them they will try fix or replace but the lady I was speaking to was unsure if they could make a new one for me. Fingers crossed 

@BackyardBullionAlso they are sending me a label instead of emailing one, Is that standard ? don't really want to wait to send it back.  

10 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

My 1oz Gold came last yesterday with my other QB.   Not opened yet  I'm filming it later for YT.  If there is the slightest defect it's going back.  If you are paying 100% plus over spot for a proof then it's got to be perfect, zero excuses.   There is a clear problem with the sand blasting and the life of their die.

It's looking like theres not many strikes before they get defects.  As much as I like them the modern matt Sovereigns are utterly plagued with this problem.

See how I get on later today!  

I Have packed it up just waiting for the return label (but last time they send a email, not sure why they are mailing it ?). Best of luck for the unboxing fingers crossed nothing is wrong. Love the coin but once I have noticed something wrong it changes things...

2 hours ago, LolRasta said:

Yes got mine yesterday but it’s got some damage and not sure if I can get it replaced. Or should just keep it. It’s like someone pokes it with a pin. 

DFE0D1C5-331A-4F23-B6E2-48E721A00D19.jpeg

A6BBCB1E-3D03-4B27-9DE7-40B9FC687720.jpeg

I dont think i could live with this, so really hope mine is ok!

But will this sitll get PF70 as it's a production error and post production damage? I beleive the description is no damage after minting for PF70?

@BackyardBullion - thanks for the note, good to know!

41 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

@BackyardBullion @Stuntman @Midasfrog Thanks everyone for the input, really helps make up my mind what to do.

I have requested a return label and after calling them they will try fix or replace but the lady I was speaking to was unsure if they could make a new one for me. Fingers crossed 

@BackyardBullionAlso they are sending me a label instead of emailing one, Is that standard ? don't really want to wait to send it back.  

I highly doubt they will replace anything if it is no longer in stock. Most likely you will never hear back and they will refund you instead. You can request your own label here:

https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/3413

Just unboxed mine. My first gold proof coin. I have noticed one issue so far, not sure if it's a hair or not. Thoughts appreciated. It's difficult to see with the naked eye to be fair unless you know it's there and at the right angle.

20210508_134016.jpg

24 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Hi Guy's you can have a look at my 1oz gold proof, please be critical......Of the coin not me😀 I don't confess to be the slickest You Tuber!

Cheers

GGD

Stuck gold you have, Not see anything wrong.. yep I am jelly 

The only thing maybe there is something above the griffins head ? could be dust  

Edited by LolRasta

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

Just unboxed mine. My first gold proof coin. I have noticed one issue so far, not sure if it's a hair or not. Thoughts appreciated. It's difficult to see with the naked eye to be fair unless you know it's there and at the right angle.

I see it, but maybe it is a hair ? cant be sure unless I held it. 

Yikes, TWO busts of Queenie!

Must be doing well to pop for the 5 Ozer!!

A bit much for me. As I have the other bullions, I ordered this up in bullion form at fairly low premium. I don't really care for the "Completer" idea and hope it doesn't trend for the RM.

Another aside: when the hell will we get up to date accounting for the mintages of bullion silver, gold & platinum bullion Beasts? Or the platinum bullion Britannias?

8 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

From this angle it looks like a scratch. 

It does look a bit too angular to be a hair. Will try and get a better look tomorrow.  Thanks for your view!

If I owned one of those proofs, I would either just put it away and keep it as a collector, or I would flip it reasonably soon for as much profit as I could get.  For me, they are either very expensive lovely things to hold forever, or things to trade quickly.

The bullion coins are more about the enjoyment of collecting them, and/or the store of value.  Trading them for a profit is much lower down the agenda.  And with the RM quality control, I consider myself fortunate if the coin I receive has actually been put into the minting machine at all, rather than just being randomly struck with a hammer 🙃

Edited by Stuntman

40 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

It does look a bit too angular to be a hair. Will try and get a better look tomorrow.  Thanks for your view!

It looks like a dust speck. If you want ONLY if you want, you can open the capsule carefully and blow it. With a small lens air blower though not your mouth.  

36 minutes ago, Fathallazf said:

It looks like a dust speck. If you want ONLY if you want, you can open the capsule carefully and blow it. With a small lens air blower though not your mouth.  

Will think about that. Not too sure my sausage fingers are up to the job!

1 hour ago, Fathallazf said:

Voila :) thanks!

20210508_163422.jpg

Edited by NewCoins

Just now, Fathallazf said:

I am happy it worked! Now put the lid back and enjoy this amazing coin! 😊

I will thanks. The lid was off for a few squeezes of the blower. I have the 5oz silver too. They are fantastic coins. Going to get them out together later and admire.

On 02/05/2021 at 16:07, dicker said:

Hi All

For of us that missed out on the proof QB completes, Are people going to buy the 1oz Gold Bullion coins?

Best

Dicker

I hope so!

Actually, yes they are, but perhaps it's because ours are the lowest premium we are aware of in the UK.

Because we avoid the UK distribution monopoly, we buy ours outside the UK, and have to re-import them, so our first delivery is still about a week away, but after that we intend to carry stocks.

Chards