• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Completer - where have they all gone

I'm curious and slightly baffled. The Queens Beasts Completer coins have disappeared from the Royal Mint website apart from the 1oz gold bullion version. Why do the RM issue new coins in such tiny numbers that unless you are on their website the moment they are announced, the chances of obtaining one is extremely slight before they are sold out. Isn't this a bit of a kick in the teeth for the ordinary loyal collectors of a series who don't have the resources to buy a 5oz gold proof version a the drop of a hat. Thoughts?

The proof versions are collectible coins and therefore are limited in numbers. If they weren’t limited, they wouldn’t be as collectible.

These coins aren’t a continuation of the QB series, regardless of what the RM has called them. They are stand-alone collectibles.

12 hours ago, Bixley said:

I'm curious and slightly baffled. The Queens Beasts Completer coins have disappeared from the Royal Mint website apart from the 1oz gold bullion version. Why do the RM issue new coins in such tiny numbers that unless you are on their website the moment they are announced, the chances of obtaining one is extremely slight before they are sold out. Isn't this a bit of a kick in the teeth for the ordinary loyal collectors of a series who don't have the resources to buy a 5oz gold proof version a the drop of a hat. Thoughts?

I feel your pain and frustration.   I feel the same way regarding the Mandalorian Beskar Coinbar.   It sold out before I could get a sniff in.   If there's something you really, really want to get, the only way is to check daily, multiple times a day to ensure your acquisition.   It sucks but that's the only way to semi-guarantee you will get what you want.  

I would say that maintaining a pulse from The Silver Forum postings should give you adequate indications and warnings of new releases with, on occasion, a little bit of inside hints to the release. I use TSF for such assistance in seeing our knowledgeable members providing a heads up. From this, one can do further corroboration on The Royal Mint’s site and any videos they may post on YouTube.

I think there is a motto out there...Who Dares Wins.

Edited by CadmiumGreen

I’m signed up to RM emails but didn’t get this email about the Queens Beasts nor did I get the email about The Three Graces. I have also checked that my email with them on my account is correct.

I heard about the 11th Queens Beasts or completer Coin, whatever you want to call it here on the forum.

53 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I’m signed up to RM emails but didn’t get this email about the Queens Beasts nor did I get the email about The Three Graces. I have also checked that my email with them on my account is correct.

I heard about the 11th Queens Beasts or completer Coin, whatever you want to call it here on the forum.

I concur with Foster, but my (poor) experience is with regards to EIC.  I signed up for their newsletter so I can be informed when the latest Queen’s Virtues proofs will come out.  Nope.  Nada.  I only found out the Truth coin (2nd of six in the series) came out by checking the website daily.   EIC sucks the big one.  😠

Edited by SilverStorm

Not getting the realise email until after everything had sold out is a total joke. Whats the point of being on a mailing list if you can not action the information? 

The Daily mail was reporting the launch around 6:30am on the morning of the launch.   I was emailing the link to everyone I knew who would be interested.  

I'm seeing lots of advanced notice for the commercial MTD releases.....Another Peter Rabbit  (Milked To Death) 

Cheers

Dave

A high percentage of the modern Royal Mint coins will be passed onto dealers and Jewellery shops at way under spot. That is the best time to buy , as close to bullion spot price as you can , without the hype and fear of missing out. 👍

1 hour ago, Midasfrog said:

A high percentage of the modern Royal Mint coins will be passed onto dealers and Jewellery shops at way under spot. That is the best time to buy , as close to bullion spot price as you can , without the hype and fear of missing out. 👍

Indeed, but the key is to identify the small percentage that won’t. 

On 02/05/2021 at 15:10, SilverStorm said:

I feel your pain and frustration.   I feel the same way regarding the Mandalorian Beskar Coinbar.   It sold out before I could get a sniff in.   If there's something you really, really want to get, the only way is to check daily, multiple times a day to ensure your acquisition.   It sucks but that's the only way to semi-guarantee you will get what you want.  

Those 10oz beskars went before nzm could even advertise them...id like to see a 1 kilo beskar.

I completely share the frustration on not getting a heads up on the release.  I first saw the coin on the website and emailed as to why I couldn't add the completer coin to my cart or have they all been sold.  I received an email reply the very NEXT day, saying they are available; and I immediately signed in to purchase, but they were sold out.  Disappointed in communication from RM is an understatement, but I did manage to find one at Island Coins in GB just waiting on it's arrival .

40 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

The prices for the 1oz Silver proof seem to be ridiculous on eBay.

B42B3283-9F10-4666-92D1-4A50C3E9CF69.jpeg

Seen some for 499 get sold 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Seen some for 499 get sold 

Mintage of under 7300 for a collection with mintages of far more so to 'complete their set they have to pay....I wonder how many will get theirs graded and then the pops will dictate the price, first release at ms70 might be a £1000 coin.

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

Mintage of under 7300 for a collection with mintages of far more so to 'complete their set they have to pay....I wonder how many will get theirs graded and then the pops will dictate the price, first release at ms70 might be a £1000 coin.

if they do mine will be getting sold :)

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

The Completer in 1 OZ has by far the highest mintage of the 1 OZ Proof QB. If the 2 OZ with 750 mintage would fly away, i wouldn't be wondering. I have never expected the 1 OZ to go that high. For me, the 2 OZ is way more interesting. The RM had only 100/150 pcs. Today gs.be had some 2 OZ for 450/475€, all gone immediately. The last 1 OZ was sold for 336€ at gs.be. Crazy times, but i believe the Completer will be a alltime classic. We will wait a long time to see such a beauty. I love this coin

Edited by dikefalos