• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Dore gold

Steve999

Hi there, 

I am buying some dore gold, 22k (tested by the mint at source), at a really good price, but am unsure about what to do with it. Should I import it to the UK and how much import tax would I pay on it, export it elsewhere as it. Are there refineries I could pay to get to 999 fine in the UK and get it stamped by the assay office?

Lot of basic questions , this kind of fell in my lap. General pointers from anyone with experience would be great.

thanks in advance

Steve

Are you 10000% sure this is all legit? This sort of stuff is the scammers paradise.

You say it fell in to your lap - why are the sellers having trouble shifting one of the most well known and most liquid commodities in the world?

Hope it works out for you, this isn't the market to be a rookie in!

Edited by Clockpuncher

Hi Steve

Personally, I have seen this many times before and even had a friend who was sent samples only to be scammed at a later point in time.  

There are a couple of red flags are that it is outside of the U.K., and that you might be getting it at a good price.  

I wrote a post on Scams which is worth a read.  Happy to give you more info if you want to share details around how you came across this offer.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Hi, Steve999,

My advice is to stay away. The risk level is too high. Too many scammers are all around the world and if the price is too good, be sure it is something wrong. Just stay safe, buy how much gold possible at spot price from UK second market and the profit will come soon, when the gold price will be higher.

There are lots of opportunities on PM market, but don't do in the dark side, with sellers who are giving their gold at half price, only because they have too much and nobody is interested to buy it. They have not shame or mercy when are ripping off good people.

Just now, Hunter87 said:

What is dore gold? 

An impure ingot, casted from incomplete purification of gold from gold ore concentrate or melted scrap jewellery. Can be contaminated with other base metals, silver, or minerals.

Just now, stefffana said:

An impure ingot, casted from incomplete purification of gold from gold ore concentrate or melted scrap jewellery. Can be contaminated with other base metals, silver, or minerals.

Thanks for educating me stefffana much appreciated.